ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 26
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:26 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yep, defense & special teams bailed out Patrick in a big way. Sometimes you need that type of luck as a QB. Brady had 3 INT against Packers in conference title game and was bailed out by the Tampa defense shutting down Rodgers in a MVP season. Brady also got bailed out by Dee Ford. He had 2 INT in that game and it would have been a 3rd INT to lose the game if Ford lined up in the correct spot.
Yup, no question.

For the entirety of the "We need a franchise QB!!!" years the argument was "hey, you won't need him to be a miracle worker every game, but at least once or twice in any playoff run, you're gonna need a quarterback who can pull victory from the jaws of defeat..."

And really the inverse is also true. You don't need a lockdown defense or a spectacular special teams unit. But on your way to a championship, there WILL be a game where you need one or both of those units to step up and bail out even the GOAT.

Mahomes deserves every bit of the credit he'll get for Sunday's win but damn man, he doesn't win it without Butker being nails or Chris Jones just mauling creation. He doesn't get it without those rookie DBs being fucking studs. Hell man, if Tommy Townsend had the kind of forgettable day that Chrisman had for Cincy, we probably don't win that game. I mean Tommy went out there and punted the ball away 4 times, 3 of 'em were downed inside the 20. The only one that wasn't was when he kicked it away from his own 23.

Mahomes was good but he absolutely needed help from his teammates and man did he get it in spades.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:27 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup, no question.

For the entirety of the "We need a franchise QB!!!" years the argument was "hey, you won't need him to be a miracle worker every game, but at least once or twice in any playoff run, you're gonna need a quarterback who can pull victory from the jaws of defeat..."

And really the inverse is true. You don't need a lockdown defense or a spectacular special teams unit. But on your way to a championship, there WILL be a game where you need one or both of those units to step up and bail out even the GOAT.

Mahomes deserves every bit of the credit he'll get for Sunday's win but damn man, he doesn't win it without Butker being nails or Chris Jones just mauling creation. He doesn't get it without those rookie DBs being fucking studs. Hell man, if Tommy Townsend had the kind of forgettable day that Chrisman had for Cincy, we probably don't win that game. I mean Tommy went out there and punted the ball away 4 times, 3 of 'em were downed inside the 20. The only one that wasn't was when he kicked it away from his own 23.

Mahomes was good but he absolutely needed help from his teammates and man did he get it in spades.
If anyone ever wants an example of a true team win.....that was it.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:27 AM 01-31-2023
After that fluke fumble by Patrick, I was thinking the Bengals once again had a horseshoe up their ass.

Sneed out, Gay out, 4 WRs out, Pat's ankle. Someone put a curse on this team and still came up short.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's so fucking infuriating that Wylie had to go and be a worthless sack of shit because instead of being at midfield we're at the Bengals 35 already in scoring position and probably playing a lot more conservative.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dude...Wylie shouldn't be taunting....EVER. You aren't good enough to taunt anyone.
Still a ridiculous penalty.

I hate taunting and I've always hated taunting. There is a ZERO percent chance that people weren't saying far more heinous shit to each other in that game that went unflagged because they weren't as demonstrative when they said it.

Was it dumb? Yeah - no reason to have done it for Wylie. But emotions were high and it's a playoff game. That kind of thing is going to happen. The officials should've kept the flags in their pockets and told him to knock it off unless he wants to get flagged for it next time. That was a perfect opportunity for a shot across Wylie's bow.

I will simply always hate flags that have nothing to do with the gameplay. They're almost invariably ticky tack bullshit.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:28 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How many playoff games has Spags defense cost us?
The KC defense did everything they could to lose that Buffalo game last year. It required a perfect game from Mahomes with a miracle finish on offense & special teams to win. This time it was the other way around. KC defense was awesome in the first half and extremely clutch on the final two drives by Cincy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 01-31-2023

I hate taunting and I've always hated taunting. There is a ZERO percent chance that people weren't saying far more heinous shit to each other in that game that went unflagged because they weren't as demonstrative when they said it.

Was it dumb? Yeah - no reason to have done it for Wylie. But emotions were high and it's a playoff game. That kind of thing is going to happen. The officials should've kept the flags in their pockets and told him to knock it off unless he wants to get flagged for it next time. That was a perfect opportunity for a shot across Wylie's bow.

I will simply always hate flags that have nothing to do with the gameplay. They're almost invariably ticky tack bullshit.
I'm right there with you but he has to know that doing that stupid shit right in front of the ref, it's going to get called.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 01-31-2023

The Bengals were the most disrespectful playoff team I've ever seen before a game. Their fans were even more disrespectful. You KNOW that the Bengals players were jawing - hell, everybody saw Apple taunting the Chiefs sideline.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 AM 01-31-2023
Sweet jesus - somehow Pete is off the hook.

Just...wow.
It’s almost like he forgot about the AFCCG in Mahomes’ first year starting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:33 AM 01-31-2023
MAYBE if it was someone like Jones or Kelce. But it's fucking WYLIE. No chance. Know your role and shut your mouth, Jabroni.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:34 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It’s almost like he forgot about the AFCCG in Mahomes’ first year starting.
I think he's trolling. I mean, unless he had a stroke or something, he'd have to be, right?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 AM 01-31-2023
another thing that's not being talked about, is the possession before jones got us the ball back with his last sack

mahomes moved the ball 49 yards to get it out of the shadow of our own goal line

yes, we couldn't finish, but those yards were critical in forcing cincy to start deep

so big ups to everyone, including pacheco breaking three tackles on one play

mahomes split his clutch drive into two parts
[Reply]
DRM08 11:36 AM 01-31-2023
Yup, no question.

And really the inverse is also true. You don't need a lockdown defense or a spectacular special teams unit. But on your way to a championship, there WILL be a game where you need one or both of those units to step up and bail out even the GOAT.

Townsend & Butker seem to have figured out the holding issue on FG attempts. They have been perfect on FG & XP kicks the last 3 games (Raiders, Jags, Cincy). I hope they can keep it going!

And how about Skyy Moore? With his struggles earlier in the season, it is not unfair to have thought the game was on the line when that punt was in the air. Will he catch this one?? If he fumbles it, the game is over in favor of Cincy. He not only caught it, he ran the damn thing a long way to flip the game!
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Bengals were the most disrespectful playoff team I've ever seen before a game. Their fans were even more disrespectful. You KNOW that the Bengals players were jawing - hell, everybody saw Apple taunting the Chiefs sideline.
BJ Kissel said that was so uncharacteristic of Wylie that he's absolutely certain that it was in response to them talking shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Townsend & Butker seem to have figured out the holding issue on FG attempts. They have been perfect on FG & XP kicks the last 3 games (Raiders, Jags, Cincy). I hope they can keep it going!

And how about Skyy Moore? With his struggles earlier in the season, it is not unfair to have thought the game was on the line when that punt was in the air. Will he catch this one?? If he fumbles it, the game is over in favor of Cincy. He not only caught it, he ran the damn thing a long way to flip the game!
He was a pretty interesting interview in the post-game.

He'd mind-fucked himself. But he did say "y'know, if my coaches believe in me, why don't I believe in me? I kept telling myself after those fumbles that I didn't want to do it anymore, but that was a lie - I want the ball..."

So credit to the staff for keeping his confidence up even after they'd clearly taking him out of the role. As for the return, it wasn't a spectacular return but he does deserve credit for keeping things simple. Remember Vanover back in the day? Catch ball - go forward. That's what Moore did there. He got a great punt to return (man it was a bad punt) and knew he'd have plenty of runway in front of him so he didn't fuck around and didn't get cute. He went to gobble up as much of that open space in front of him as quickly as he could. And his coverage unit did a great job of opening that lane for him and preparation met opportunity.

The best thing Moore did on that return was not try to do too much. And because he didn't, the return opened up for him and he was able to take advantage of it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
BJ Kissel said that was so uncharacteristic of Wylie that he's absolutely certain that it was in response to them talking shit.
Huh? I distinctly remember Wylie getting some flak for running his mouth during SB55 to the Bucs.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 26
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up