ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:14 PM 12-05-2022
Great post, but this is Meltdown Monday around here.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:52 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Wasn't it 4th and 3? They absolutely should have gone for it without hesitation, unless Mahomes was hobbled.

And I don't see how you can say the defense played well. But obviously that's not an easy offense to stop with Chase back.
I think he lost 2 yards on the sack, so 4th and 5. Probably should have still went...
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:53 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Wasn't it 4th and 3? They absolutely should have gone for it without hesitation, unless Mahomes was hobbled.

And I don't see how you can say the defense played well. But obviously that's not an easy offense to stop with Chase back.
I mean we gave up 27 points and considering we are 104-26 in the Andy Reid era, when giving up 27 or less, I'd say that should have been enough to get us a W. Obviously we need to clean some stuff up but I don't think the play was "horrific" as some have described.
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:58 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
:-)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:12 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
We're just spoiled because this team rarely loses over the last several years. And never in November/December. Going forward in this Mahomes/Reid era, any loss will get major scrutiny.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 01:38 PM 12-05-2022
Trent McDuffie is fast approaching our second best defensive player. Stead’s versatility is invaluable, but MAN McDuffie is the real deal. I also don’t think Joshua Williams has been as bad as he’s sometimes made out to be. Stylistically how perfect McDuffie to Chase and Williams to Higgins is .. I wish Spags would deploy that more.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:43 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Trent McDuffie is fast approaching our second best defensive player. Stead’s versatility is invaluable, but MAN McDuffie is the real deal. I also don’t think Joshua Williams has been as bad as he’s sometimes made out to be. Stylistically how perfect McDuffie to Chase and Williams to Higgins is .. I wish Spags would deploy that more.
Yeah Mcduffie is great. Thank god the fucking Bills didn't land him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:28 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I mean we gave up 27 points and considering we are 104-26 in the Andy Reid era, when giving up 27 or less, I'd say that should have been enough to get us a W. Obviously we need to clean some stuff up but I don't think the play was "horrific" as some have described.
Come on, man...aside from the fact that allowing 27 isn't exactly impressive, you have to look beyond the score.

The Bengals punted once the entire game, and that only happened because they were flagged for a 10 yd penalty. They moved the ball with ease on every other drive. Imagine if Dunlap doesn't make that 4th down stop or if Boyd doesn't drop a wide open TD pass. There's two more TDs. They also could have scored on the final drive if they'd wanted to. That would have been 40+ points in only 8 drives. That's horrible. I don't know how you could interpret what you saw as good defense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:34 PM 12-05-2022
They're a shit matchup for us.

It is what it is. I said that last year. Dolphins aren't a good matchup for us either.

Basically any team that has multiple high end pass catching targets and a 'good enough' run game, and a defense with good safeties and and good enough D-linemen will always be a problem with this version of the Chiefs.

So if we play a team like that....expect it to be hard.

Right now if you take away Kelce, no one else in this offense can create anything on their own, which makes life hard on Mahomes and Reid. I was hoping Toney and Hardman could be those guys....but...hey.

And if the defense can't sellout to either stop the run or the pass, or dial in on a specific guy, they struggle. Our DE's are still lackluster and it's killing us.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:36 PM 12-05-2022
Raiders are a team like that too, btw. Thank god Waller is hurt.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:58 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah Mcduffie is great. Thank god the fucking Bills didn't land him.
Agreed. I thought him guarding Chase would be a disaster, not because he’s not good, but because he was inexperienced. I was wrong and very glad about that. McDuffie was very impressive yesterday and every game he has played in so far.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:04 PM 12-05-2022
Yeah, McDuffie really did a good job last night. He and Pacheco really were great picks by Veach. Totally rose up to the moment. I was worried that Trent's smaller stature would be a real problem vs. Chase, but he made up for it pretty well.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:43 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sorry, the Chiefs are past the point of moral victories. The Chiefs need to figure out how to get to Burrow. If not, they're not going to beat the Bengals.
this exactly, if we cant hit burrows we aint gonna win PERIOD
[Reply]
Stryker 07:54 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
DITTO! and you are very much correct! My hope is that Buffalo beats the Bengals but lose to both Jets and Miami. Make them the 2nd seed. Let the Bengals lose to Buffalo and either lose to the Browns or Ravens. Chiefs get 1 seed, Bills 2 seed and force Bills to play Bengals again @ Rich stadium. Bills win and come to KC for the AFCCG. This is very doable and to me, our best chance to get back to the SB! HANG TOUGH Chiefs Kingdom - this is not over! :-)
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:29 PM 12-05-2022
Great post DC

Rep
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up