ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2006 of 3903
« First < 1006150619061956199620022003200420052006 200720082009201020162056210625063006 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:18 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Why can't we do this again? China is going to test all 11 million people in Wuhan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ockdown-lifted
Well here you go....

1. Shut down all travel. Period. All travel.
2. Call in the military
3. Have them yank everyone out of their home
4. Test them
5. Mark the positives and send them off to some type of camp
6. Send them negatives back inside
7. Don't let anyone out until all the 347 million people have been tested

Simple
[Reply]
kgrund 12:18 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Why can't we do this again? China is going to test all 11 million people in Wuhan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ockdown-lifted
Be interesting what numbers the CCP makes them.:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 12:29 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know what makes all this better...I have a gas leak, so I get to spend my day dealing with that.
Meh, don't feel bad. I just had a hard drive crash and haven't backed it up for a month. Not the end of the world but a pain in the ass nonetheless. Yours is obviously much worse than mine.
[Reply]
Donger 12:34 PM 05-12-2020

Unreleased White House report shows coronavirus rates spiking in heartland communities (by @jonallendc, @PhilMcCausland, and @cfarivar)https://t.co/xx3y688czN pic.twitter.com/dfRm1rKf4v

— Cyrus Farivar (@cfarivar) May 11, 2020

I thought this was worth posting. Please note that the linked article is inherently political, so please refrain from getting into that, and focus on the data. The link is also posted in the DC thread, so if that's your thing, have at it there, please:

Coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas and smaller communities across the country, according to undisclosed data the White House's pandemic task force is using to track rates of infection, which was obtained by NBC News.

The 10 top areas recorded surges of 72.4 percent or greater over a seven-day period compared to the previous week, according to a set of tables produced for the task force by its data and analytics unit. They include Nashville, Tennessee; Des Moines, Iowa; Amarillo, Texas; and — atop the list, with a 650 percent increase — Central City, Kentucky.

On a separate list of "locations to watch," which didn't meet the precise criteria for the first set: Charlotte, North Carolina; Kansas City, Missouri; Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska; Minneapolis; Montgomery, Alabama; Columbus, Ohio; and Phoenix. The rates of new cases in Charlotte and Kansas City represented increases of more than 200 percent over the previous week, and other tables included in the data show clusters in neighboring counties that don't form geographic areas on their own, such as Wisconsin's Kenosha and Racine counties, which neighbor each other between Chicago and Milwaukee.

[Reply]
petegz28 12:42 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

I thought this was worth posting. Please note that the linked article is inherently political, so please refrain from getting into that, and focus on the data. The link is also posted in the DC thread, so if that's your thing, have at it there, please:

Coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas and smaller communities across the country, according to undisclosed data the White House's pandemic task force is using to track rates of infection, which was obtained by NBC News.

The 10 top areas recorded surges of 72.4 percent or greater over a seven-day period compared to the previous week, according to a set of tables produced for the task force by its data and analytics unit. They include Nashville, Tennessee; Des Moines, Iowa; Amarillo, Texas; and — atop the list, with a 650 percent increase — Central City, Kentucky.

On a separate list of "locations to watch," which didn't meet the precise criteria for the first set: Charlotte, North Carolina; Kansas City, Missouri; Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska; Minneapolis; Montgomery, Alabama; Columbus, Ohio; and Phoenix. The rates of new cases in Charlotte and Kansas City represented increases of more than 200 percent over the previous week, and other tables included in the data show clusters in neighboring counties that don't form geographic areas on their own, such as Wisconsin's Kenosha and Racine counties, which neighbor each other between Chicago and Milwaukee.

Yeah it was already posted last night....
[Reply]
Donger 12:43 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah it was already posted last night....
Oh, in this thread?
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:44 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well here you go....

1. Shut down all travel. Period. All travel.
2. Call in the military
3. Have them yank everyone out of their home
4. Test them
5. Mark the positives and send them off to some type of camp
6. Send them negatives back inside
7. Don't let anyone out until all the 347 million people have been tested

Simple
Logistics aside it is more about how they are able to test 11 million in 1 city which is more than we have tested in the entire country to date.

That is how woefully behind we are.
[Reply]
TLO 12:49 PM 05-12-2020
Oh, in this thread?
Yes.

Buchanan County, (where Triumph Foods is located,) as well as Kansas City are on the list. The 400+ workers who tested positive from the plant were primarily from KC and Buchanan County.

That's my theory for why they are on the list.
[Reply]
Donger 12:51 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes.

Buchanan County, (where Triumph Foods is located,) as well as Kansas City are on the list. The 400+ workers who tested positive from the plant were primarily from KC and Buchanan County.

That's my theory for why they are on the list.
Well, that's what I get for tuning out...
[Reply]
eDave 12:57 PM 05-12-2020
Na. It's a fast moving thread. I, for one, appreciate the Q as I too have not seen that.
[Reply]
TLO 12:59 PM 05-12-2020
I can't say for certain that the rise in KC is due to Triumph, but I'm 100% certain that's why Buchanan is on the list. We were holding around 50 cases until Triumph blew up.

I imagine some of the numbers from KC are due to Triumph, some due to other factors.
[Reply]
TLO 01:00 PM 05-12-2020
We're on track for a higher death toll today according to Worldomoters.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:03 PM 05-12-2020
LA County 'with all certainty' extending stay at home order through JULY per the LA Times.

Breaking: Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday https://t.co/jswRcZ5FkS

— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) May 12, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 01:05 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
LA County 'all but certain' to extend stay at home order through JULY per the LA Times.
Wow.. that's a long time
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:05 PM 05-12-2020
You either do understand why per capita (not total number) of tests is the only number that truly matters, or you don't.

Cool we have tested 3x more people per million than South Korea
[Reply]
Page 2006 of 3903
« First < 1006150619061956199620022003200420052006 200720082009201020162056210625063006 > Last »
Up