ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1406 of 3903
« First < 40690613061356139614021403140414051406 140714081409141014161456150619062406 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 09:45 AM 04-15-2020
Out of curiosity how do you see who thumps up and thumbs downs your posts lol, been wondering that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:45 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Germany did a great job with testing and isolating they probably have a much clear picture of their situation than most
Out pure curiosity I just did the math comparing the US to Germany if you remove NY state data from the US it basically puts the countries on par with cases and deaths per million, the US is just a tick higher and is probably still going to climb a little.

I don't think the US has done bad outside of NYC and NYC is such an outlier compared to most cities not sure what to compare it to when you look at population density coupled with the number of travelers from China.

I guess you would need the real numbers from China which we will likely never see and they were welding people inside their homes to try to stop spread.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:45 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Out of curiosity how do you see who thumps up and thumbs downs your posts lol, been wondering that.
User CP: Helpful Answers (toward the bottom on the left)
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Seems unlikely, but we can hope.
Go back and read that study i posted.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:46 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
usercp >helpful answers
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 04-15-2020
Wow that is interesting, never knew that.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:50 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Out pure curiosity I just did the math comparing the US to Germany if you remove NY state data from the US it basically puts the countries on par with cases and deaths per million, the US is just a tick higher and is probably still going to climb a little.

I don't think the US has done bad outside of NYC and NYC is such an outlier compared to most cities not sure what to compare it to when you look at population density coupled with the number of travelers from China.

I guess you would need the real numbers from China which we will likely never see and they were welding people inside their homes to try to stop spread.
The US I think the did a great job with available testing they had etc.. but the overall picture of the disease is not quite as clear , who has it , where it is, how many have it etc..

NY , WA , CA were hit first and maybe why the measures were not as effective initially, the rest will be ok . But just because you feel better it is not always a good idea to stop taking your antibiotics too early.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:51 AM 04-15-2020
A vaccine coming this fall?

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/c...-20/index.html

Originally Posted by :
NIH scientist says coronavirus vaccine could be available by the fall

A vaccine for coronavirus may be ready for use by emergency workers sometime this autumn, according to Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, the National Institute of Health’s lead scientist for coronavirus vaccine research.

Corbett said that the vaccine could be ready for use by front-line health care workers as soon as this fall and for the global population by next spring. Her team is currently testing the safety of the vaccine in the first phase, and then will test its effectiveness in subsequent phases.

“We’re targeting fall for the emergency use. … And then for the general population, our target goal is for next spring — and that is, if all things go well and if these phase one, phase two and phase three clinical trials work simultaneously for the good, our plan is to have people vaccinated all over the world by next spring,” she told CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Vaccine development is typically a long process, and Corbett said that her team has actually been working on a coronavirus vaccine for years already.

“We’ve researched coronavirus vaccine development for the last 7 years — particularly under my direction, the team has researched this coronavirus development for 5 years. And so coming into the onset of this pandemic, we had an idea about what we wanted to do as far as the design of the vaccine,” Corbett said.

[Reply]
Dartgod 09:55 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Ironic a few posts ago you were bashing the DC posters and then you post this.
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Seems like what is considered "political" in this thread is very selectively enforced.

See Exhibit A.
What am I missing? How is Mecca's post political?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:57 AM 04-15-2020
Apparently anything stated by people who have been known to be "conservative" or "liberal" is political.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:57 AM 04-15-2020
EVERYTHING is political I guess, excuse me for not checking the political affiliations of everyone I talk about or post about.
[Reply]
wazu 10:01 AM 04-15-2020
Apparently anything stated by people who have been known to be "conservative" or "liberal" is political.
It's a gray area. I mean, if I'm posting Rush Limbaugh quotes, even if they aren't directly political but are advocating my case, is that acceptable? I'm guessing not. At the same time nearly every person out there has some political leaning, so trying to suppress all of that isn't probably worth it. Maybe just a judgement call on whether the quote itself is directly politically pointed.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:03 AM 04-15-2020
In that case, those who attempt to turn non-political posts into politics should face the consequences.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:03 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's a gray area. I mean, if I'm posting Rush Limbaugh quotes, even if they aren't directly political but are advocating my case, is that acceptable? I'm guessing not. At the same time nearly every person out there has some political leaning, so trying to suppress all of that isn't probably worth it. Maybe just a judgement call on whether the quote itself is directly politically pointed.
I honestly still have no fucking clue who Candace Owens is.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:03 AM 04-15-2020
Seems like posting a tweet from a person who is a well known political commentator/activist is the opposite of a "non-political COVID-19 discussion".
[Reply]
Page 1406 of 3903
« First < 40690613061356139614021403140414051406 140714081409141014161456150619062406 > Last »
Up