ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 153
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:54 AM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
To me, that's pretty easy. Each sect has their own thing. The cartoons are pretty clear that the different clans follow their leaders pretty exclusively. So each leader makes the rules. Similar to how most Muslims are vastly different from radical jihadists. Mando is part of a strict clan.

JMO
interpretation of the creed similar to religious beliefs like Catholics and Protestants
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:55 PM 11-01-2020
Of course it's a clan thing. That's not the question. He question is what is the sect, and why are they like that...
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:02 PM 11-01-2020
I think a lot of these questions will be answered, this season or next. At some point I think we'll either see flashbacks to Din Djarin's training as a foundling, or maybe the introduction of a mentor figure (Michael Biehn?).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 11-01-2020
Clay is slacking off. The Chiefs just posted the “Patdolarian”. This is the way.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:08 PM 11-01-2020
With the possible Boba Fett reveal, hopefully they make the idea of him being alive ambiguous and that's the only time in the series we see the Fett silhouette and leave it as a mystery.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:15 PM 11-01-2020
What’s the etiquette about spoiling in this thread? How long after an episode is released before we can talk about it in here without spoilers?
[Reply]
Stryker 08:54 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think a lot of these questions will be answered, this season or next. At some point I think we'll either see flashbacks to Din Djarin's training as a foundling, or maybe the introduction of a mentor figure (Michael Biehn?).
I'm actually hoping for this. Love the show and finished watching the 5 episodes I had left Saturday. Can't wait for episode 10!
[Reply]
listopencil 10:59 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What’s the etiquette about spoiling in this thread? How long after an episode is released before we can talk about it in here without spoilers?
I don't think it has been established. The episodes are released on Fridays at Midnight. I would think that by Sunday morning no one should have to worry about spoiling anything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:04 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I don't think it has been established. The episodes are released on Fridays at Midnight. I would think that by Sunday morning no one should have to worry about spoiling anything.
That sounds fair. Just stay out of the thread until you see the episode past Sunday morning or risk spoilers.
[Reply]
bowener 07:42 AM 11-03-2020
That's been part of the rumormill for a few months, that they're going to retcon the sequel trilogy as something that happened in an alternate universe or timeline. Because they realize it's a mistake, too.
I could see this happening since Rebels introduced the Portal of the Force Wielders and the World between Worlds. They could retcon the shit out of whatever the hell they want.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:31 AM 11-06-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:23 AM 11-06-2020
First episode was cool. CGI of the dragon was phenomenal and I love me some Timothy Olyphant.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:37 AM 11-06-2020
Spoiler!

Baby Yoda was an asshole in this one
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:48 AM 11-06-2020
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:31 PM 11-06-2020