ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Greta Van Fleet!
Halfcan 12:09 PM 04-17-2021
New album Battle at Garden Gate rocks! These guys are the future of Rock / Prog music. They put on an amazing live show too.

https://thebattleatgardensgate.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:29 PM 04-19-2021
Not heavy enough. Plus I don't really listen to Zeppelin anymore.
[Reply]
eDave 10:21 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not heavy enough. Plus I don't really listen to Zeppelin anymore.
It's Zeppelin with treble at 11 (first album). I'll check the new one. Not knocking them, just not going to town on myself over them.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:04 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's Zeppelin with treble at 11 (first album). I'll check the new one. Not knocking them, just not going to town on myself over them.
I tried listening to the new one yesterday. Pretty damn boring.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:10 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yeah, that doesn't sound great to me.

I'm more Sabbath than Zeppelin. I like it heavy.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:45 PM 04-20-2021
the singer would be best served not to continue to try to sound like Plant.
The first album was really good; but the new song I'v heard (whatever it's called)...its a little too karaoke for me vocally.

the rest of the band kids ass. I could listen to them / how they're recorded w/out vocals. I would imagine that band would sound REALLY good with the singer /style from Shinedown; or the singer from the 'new' AIC

yeah, yeah....I'm sure I"ll get killed "Shinedown sucks"!!!!!. Don't GAF.
I like em. :-)
[Reply]
EPodolak 07:58 PM 04-20-2021
Pretty long thread to have no vid posted yet. I'd be interested in a must-hear from someone in the know about GVF.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:47 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Pretty long thread to have no vid posted yet. I'd be interested in a must-hear from someone in the know about GVF.
Just a fuckin jam.

[Reply]
hometeam 08:51 PM 04-20-2021
I guess my deal is I have a soft spot for prog rock, and these guys are a very kind of fresh/familiar prog rock sound, again, I liken them closer to Rush as far as sound. Yes, Josh Kizka sounds like Plant sometimes, he also sounds like Geddy Lee at others, and I dont know but there are far less 'sound alikes' out there for guys like that than any other group of 'sound alike' human beings that come to mind.

Prog rock chops ~

[Reply]
eDave 11:01 PM 04-20-2021
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.

Was digging it until the vocals.

Instrumentation is good.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:42 AM 04-27-2021

The Good News: the vocals don't sound like Robert Plant
The Bad News: the vocals sound like the dude from Budgie
The Worse News: the instruments sound like they are noodling around trying to come up with a demo.

For some reason it makes me think of this old song:

[Reply]
Mennonite 02:10 PM 05-04-2021

vs

[Reply]
007 04:43 PM 05-04-2021
Holy hell this singer is fucking awful.
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:39 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
Holy hell this singer is ****ing awful.

I honestly can't think of a rock singer goofier than that dude. He sounds like the lead singer of Budgie but with the gay/camp factor cranked up to a billion.

I ragged on them earlier for being a LZ clone, but I was wrong. If this is the alternative, they really really need to keep ripping off Zep.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:13 PM 05-04-2021
Man I am digging this new Sled Zephyrin.
[Reply]
eDave 06:14 PM 05-04-2021
The new Nickleback. Bet the chicks at their shows are hot.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up