Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:45 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I would disagree with that notion.

Vision was incredibly interesting and expanding on him and Wanda had a lot more room to grow.

I'm not sure there's anywhere to go with these characters. But you're right, their attempt has been incredibly lazy, too.
If WandaVision had been presented the same as TFATWS, people would have turned it off after the debut.

I haven't spoken to one person who "likes" TFATWS. They're like me, just watching to see what happens, rather than being engaged in the series and wondering where it will go next and what reveal or reveals may happen at some point.

It's just bland and dry TV that was poorly written and poorly executed. Maybe it turns around in Episode 4 but so far, it's been a stinker to me.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:04 PM 04-05-2021
I'd care about Sam and Bucky as leads if they actually gave me a reason to give a shit about them. Unlike WandaVision with Wanda and Vision, they haven't. It's just been dull and uninteresting fare to this point.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:18 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If WandaVision had been presented the same as TFATWS, people would have turned it off after the debut.

I haven't spoken to one person who "likes" TFATWS. They're like me, just watching to see what happens, rather than being engaged in the series and wondering where it will go next and what reveal or reveals may happen at some point.

It's just bland and dry TV that was poorly written and poorly executed. Maybe it turns around in Episode 4 but so far, it's been a stinker to me.
Let me introduce myself....I am actually enjoying FATWS so it isn't a stinker to everyone.

I see it differently than you or Clay or some of the others here who have basically given it a thumbs down.

The fun thing....we all have different tastes and thus far Marvel has thrown together something for everyone.

Count me as one who thought WandaVison was good but way too out there for me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:51 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Let me introduce myself....I am actually enjoying FATWS so it isn't a stinker to everyone.

I see it differently than you or Clay or some of the others here who have basically given it a thumbs down.

The fun thing....we all have different tastes and thus far Marvel has thrown together something for everyone.

Count me as one who thought WandaVison was good but way too out there for me.
In terms of subject matter/area, going clear back to when I was reading the actual comics, I always preferred the 'normies with powers' vein to the cosmic and supernatural vein. I mean, it's all out there in terms of realism, but I'd rather deal with the travails of a regular Joe/Jane dealing with what 'science' has given them in terms of strength and durability [Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman] than Harry Potter hocus pocus [Wanda, Dr. Strange, all the Gods and elementals and watchers and all that intergalactic immortal magical stuff]

So in that sense, FatWS is solidly more in my wheelhouse than WandaVision.

But in terms of execution, WandaVision committed to an innovative narrative and delivered. FatWS is [to this point] boilerplate old-fashioned action serial.

I think there's merit to speculation that the early going has been severely hampered due to excising a virus/vaccine storyline. You can see the hints of it and the cuts to deleted scene here and there. Who knows how much sticking with the full outline might have helped the narrative flow.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:33 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I guess we'll agree to disagree. :-)

This is the most expensive TV show of all time, coming in a $25 million dollars per episode and $150 million overall.

My expectations were in line with that budget and so far, it has not justified its enormous price tag.

Hopefully, that changes during Episode 4.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
In terms of subject matter/area, going clear back to when I was reading the actual comics, I always preferred the 'normies with powers' vein to the cosmic and supernatural vein. I mean, it's all out there in terms of realism, but I'd rather deal with the travails of a regular Joe/Jane dealing with what 'science' has given them in terms of strength and durability [Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman] than Harry Potter hocus pocus [Wanda, Dr. Strange, all the Gods and elementals and watchers and all that intergalactic immortal magical stuff]

So in that sense, FatWS is solidly more in my wheelhouse than WandaVision.

But in terms of execution, WandaVision committed to an innovative narrative and delivered. FatWS is [to this point] boilerplate old-fashioned action serial.

I think there's merit to speculation that the early going has been severely hampered due to excising a virus/vaccine storyline. You can see the hints of it and the cuts to deleted scene here and there. Who knows how much sticking with the full outline might have helped the narrative flow.
You know, that's the "thing" for me. I wasn't especially excited about WandaVision due to its foray into the occult and witchcraft, et al, because that's never had any appeal to me in terms of superheroes.

But man, if they just didn't knock that series out of the park! From set pieces to casting (especially Christophe Beck's score and amazing songs by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez) to the visual effects, most of which were practical and not VFX. They introduced not just one important Marvel character but two in Monica Rambeau and Agatha Harkness, yet it was so natural to the story, which made it even more amazing.

TFATWS, so far anyway, has done nothing to expand upon the MCU nor has it justified its existence in the MCU. Fortunately, the Loki trailers appear to make that series exciting and visually stunning while Moon Knight looks to be the crown jewel, so hopefully, Fiege got those "right".
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:53 PM 04-05-2021
TFATWS is turning Zemo into more of his comic book counterpoint. A anti-villain who is trying to save the world from itself.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:31 PM 04-05-2021
It's just boring so far. I'm not sure where all the budget is going, unless it was all spent on the first five minutes of the first episode. Unless it gets really good in the latter half, I don't see myself ever watching it again.

Loki trailer looks amazing (again), at least.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:52 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's just boring so far. I'm not sure where all the budget is going, unless it was all spent on the first five minutes of the first episode. Unless it gets really good in the latter half, I don't see myself ever watching it again.

Loki trailer looks amazing (again), at least.
I watched each WandaVision episode at least 4 times, then watched the entire series before the finale, which actually made the entire series better for me after watching all of the episodes consecutively.

I can barely get through one viewing of TFATWS without picking up my iPad due to boredom, so I doubt I'll ever rewatch this series, either.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:55 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
TFATWS is turning Zemo into more of his comic book counterpoint. A anti-villain who is trying to save the world from itself.
Zemo has been the most entertaining part about the show, imo.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:27 PM 04-05-2021
Yeah it's pretty bad.

Like a big, sprawling, gaudy, terrible CSI show.

The villains really suck, too. I mean maybe the worst Marvel has ever put in anything.

Wakanda showing up at the end :-) - it's like an MCU variety show!
[Reply]
-King- 12:14 AM 04-06-2021
Lol wtf is this show? It has zero identity and basically everything that can be bad in a show is on display. From plot, acting, and editing, I don't think I like a single thing so far. The first five minutes of the first episode were great but everything else is very bad and very boring.

The scene where Sam gets a call from his sister which then leds to the bootleg John Wick everybody is hunting for you scene was probably the worst thing Marvel has ever done.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:35 AM 04-06-2021
Since not many people are enjoying this (I started out enjoying it, but it has gotten kind of stale/boring), wondering if anyone has watched some of the non-MCU Marvel shows? Inhumans was horrible, Runaways and New Mutants were Meh. I liked Legion and Helstrom. I just started Cloak & Dagger recently and am 3 episodes in. Very slow going in developing the characters origins, but I'm actually enjoying it.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol wtf is this show? It has zero identity and basically everything that can be bad in a show is on display. From plot, acting, and editing, I don't think I like a single thing so far. The first five minutes of the first episode were great but everything else is very bad and very boring.

The scene where Sam gets a call from his sister which then leds to the bootleg John Wick everybody is hunting for you scene was probably the worst thing Marvel has ever done.
It feels like a live-action cartoon with bad emo scenes added in.

The villains really are fucking terrible. Just an excuse for the good guys to have fights.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:29 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It feels like a live-action cartoon with bad emo scenes added in.

The villains really are ****ing terrible. Just an excuse for the good guys to have fights.
Probably why I like it. I don't need comic book movies to be thought provoking. Give me some good fight scenes.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up