ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 119
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:57 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kansas was minus-12 with McCormack or fellow big man Mitch Lightfoot on the floor against Kentucky, and plus-15 going small. Through three games, KU’s small lineups are plus-33, and McCormack is minus-11. To Self’s credit, he’s called an audible.

“I think we’re better offensively obviously when we played the five guards,” Self said. “We’re probably better defensively too, to be honest with you, because our switches are much better and their ball-screen offense was totally ineffective because we were switching everything.”

https://theathletic.com/2233964/2020...-new-gameplan/

No more McCormack.
I haven’t looked, but that has to be one of the bigger teams we play, right? How is that even possible?
[Reply]
Lzen 01:02 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
If Kyle Rittenhouse shot like us, he’d be dead.
FYP
[Reply]
Lzen 01:05 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven’t looked, but that has to be one of the bigger teams we play, right? How is that even possible?
That is pretty crazy. I'm still skeptical that it will work against a team that is actually good on offense.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:05 PM 12-02-2020
To be fair, we were getting roasted early in the 1st half, it SEEMED Kensucky had a block on every possession, sometimes two. :-)

I don't know what kind of adjustment was made, as I admittedly dozed off during the brickfest, but it sure did the trick. RCJH!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:05 PM 12-02-2020
Kansas was minus-12 with McCormack or fellow big man Mitch Lightfoot on the floor against Kentucky, and plus-15 going small. Through three games, KU’s small lineups are plus-33, and McCormack is minus-11. To Self’s credit, he’s called an audible.

“I think we’re better offensively obviously when we played the five guards,” Self said. “We’re probably better defensively too, to be honest with you, because our switches are much better and their ball-screen offense was totally ineffective because we were switching everything.”

https://theathletic.com/2233964/2020...-new-gameplan/

No more McCormack.

It’s a little early for that, no?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:11 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That is pretty crazy. I'm still skeptical that it will work against a team that is actually good on offense.
Fixed it for you. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:16 PM 12-02-2020
It’s a little early for that, no?
Probably, but I've seen enough. He takes bad shots, is a poor PnR defender, and isn't a good enough rebounder to make up for it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:19 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Won't get any bigger than them but may not work as well against a team that knows how to use their size. Those kids didn't.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:28 PM 12-02-2020
Probably, but I've seen enough. He takes bad shots, is a poor PnR defender, and isn't a good enough rebounder to make up for it.

His career O-rtf is 109 D-rtg 94. So he’s well above avg on both ends of the floor. He has 16 reb/100 poss which isn’t far from Doke’s 20. He is going to have some good games this year. He’ll go 18&12 at Ames or Norman and we will say how great he played.

He’s been shit thru three games, but all bad matchups.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:55 PM 12-02-2020
His career O-rtf is 109 D-rtg 94. So he’s well above avg on both ends of the floor. He has 16 reb/100 poss which isn’t far from Doke’s 20. He is going to have some good games this year. He’ll go 18&12 at Ames or Norman and we will say how great he played.

He’s been shit thru three games, but all bad matchups.
Perhaps, but it's much easier to look good when you are a role player with limited responsibilities than being the focal point of the team's offense.

His defensive rating was also undoubtedly helped somewhat by playing with the best defensive player in the NCAA the past few years. His weakness against the PnR is very evident although one would hope he would be better against more traditional post players. I'm certain he won't be completely benched in any case as he's the only player with real size the team has.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:02 PM 12-02-2020
DAJUAN HARRIS PLAYS GOOD BASKETBALL

MOKAN ELITE MOFOS....Ochai, Braun, Harris.
[Reply]
sedated 02:07 PM 12-02-2020
I was listening to Gurley on the radio this morning and he said something about how people were complaining about the tight rims before the game and hoping they would be loosened. The phrase "hit the rim on a layup and you've got to rebound it on the 3-point line" or something (I was half asleep). Might explain the terrible shooting. KU put up 90 in both the other games so this hasn't been an offensively challenged team.
[Reply]
Pants 02:20 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I was listening to Gurley on the radio this morning and he said something about how people were complaining about the tight rims before the game and hoping they would be loosened. The phrase "hit the rim on a layup and you've got to rebound it on the 3-point line" or something (I was half asleep). Might explain the terrible shooting. KU put up 90 in both the other games so this hasn't been an offensively challenged team.
12 blocks didn't help the percentage either, tho.
[Reply]
sedated 02:45 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
12 blocks didn't help the percentage either, tho.
And the turnover fest in the first half didn't help the total score.
[Reply]
Pants 02:47 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
And the turnover fest in the first half didn't help the total score.
100%

It was such a fucking shitshow. Completely unwatchable.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 119
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up