ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 119
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:46 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Nah, they’re random walks. USC didn’t beat anyone good all year. Swept 3 games by Colorado. They are not world beaters by any measure and we’d prob beat them roughly 1/2 the time we played. The body of work is too large to see it any other way.

Is Loyola 13 better than Illinois? Is Oral Bob better than Ohio State? People take too much away from one event. (We beat Baylo by 12 remember)
You're right for the most part, but I do think USC is a brutal stylistic matchup for this team overall (in a way that they wouldn't be for many other teams in the field) and would beat KU more times than not because of that.
[Reply]
Pants 11:47 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I don't know who those guys are....but I dont listen to 610 because of Fesco. I CANNOT stand that KU homer.
Fescoe is as lazy as Keitzman used to be but instead of using ridiculous falsehoods and controversy to drive his ratings, he uses that annoying clown act and has no ratings.

Fescoe probably spends 30 minutes a day planning out his next show instead of the 4 hours he's supposed to put into it.

It's hard to believe we had fucking Nick Wright, Danny Parkins, and Carrington Harrison as part of one show at one point. That's the sort of talent you expect to see in top 5 markets. We were lucky for a little bit there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:47 AM 03-23-2021

Woah... https://t.co/v3LBbWMprt pic.twitter.com/eCEhBVYp5U

— ShotQuality (@Shot_Quality) March 23, 2021

This was interesting though. Our guys just choked on a lot of decent shots, it seems.
[Reply]
Pants 11:50 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

This was interesting though. Our guys just choked on a lot of decent shots, it seems.
I mean that was very obvious watching the game.

I have never seen a mentally softer dude than CB playing at the high-major D1 level. It's so hard to watch. Almost as hard was watching Ochai play defense.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:52 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I mean that was very obvious watching the game.

I have never seen a mentally softer dude than CB playing at the high-major D1 level. It's so hard to watch. Almost as hard was watching Ochai play defense.
Braun's problems as a player go beyond his mentality, but I'd agree that's probably his biggest issue.

Those two in particular actually just completely wilt against any adversity.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:54 AM 03-23-2021
You're right for the most part, but I do think USC is a brutal stylistic matchup for this team overall (in a way that they wouldn't be for many other teams in the field) and would beat KU more times than not because of that.
Mostly just recency bias. They would’ve beaten Gonzaga last nite shooting 11-18 from deep. (Research clearly shows you can’t really “defend” 3pointers, they’re mostly independent of who you played)

This season They shot 34.8% from deep and we shot 34.4%. And we weren’t a very good shooting team by any stretch, fair to say.

Final note: they were 6-18 vs Drake. 33.3%.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:55 AM 03-23-2021
Mostly just recency bias. They would’ve beaten Gonzaga last nite shooting 11-18 from deep. (Research clearly shows you can’t really “defend” 3pointers, they’re mostly independent of who you played)

They shot 34.8% from deep and we shot 34.4%. And we weren’t a very good shooting team by any stretch, fair to say.

Final note: they were 6-18 vs Drake. 33.3%.
The 3PT aspect of last night's performance for USC certainly had a luck element involved. The lesser Mobley isn't going to repeat that performance against Oregon for example.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:56 AM 03-23-2021

And for both teams to be equal distance from their expected values... the perfect shitstorm.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:58 AM 03-23-2021
Where was USC after one half on 3 pointers? Seemed like they hit 8 of those 11 in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:01 PM 03-23-2021
We can’t take much from this game. Or be fooled into thinking it represents some type of program malfunction. Dook-KY didn’t even make it and UNC, Mich State were crap.

When Self says we need “more length”, he should be asked why that didn’t work for Kentucky or Dook.

(Remember after we got raced by Auburn the lesson was: need way more speed at guard! No, we just needed a healthy Doke to be right back at #1 the next year with the same basic cast)
[Reply]
Pants 12:02 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Where was USC after one half on 3 pointers? Seemed like they hit 8 of those 11 in the 2nd half.
I feel like it was 9/13 at some point during the early stages of the 2nd half.

It was like reliving the Tennessee nightmare from earlier this year except with infinitely higher stakes.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:09 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I feel like it was 9/13 at some point during the early stages of the 2nd half.

It was like reliving the Tennessee nightmare from earlier this year except with infinitely higher stakes.
If I counted correctly, looks like they hit 4 in the first half and another 4 in the first 5:20 of the 2nd half... and a 5th a minute later.

edit... looks like maybe 4/6 at halftime, and then of course the onslaught in the first 6 minutes of the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:14 PM 03-23-2021
“On contested shots USC was 22-39, including 6-7 from three.”

Yowza!
[Reply]
Pants 12:22 PM 03-23-2021
“On contested shots USC was 22-39, including 6-7 from three.”

Yowza!
It's a story as old as Kansas in the NCAA tournament itself.

Remember Trey Burke going off on us from basically half-court?
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:28 PM 03-23-2021
We can’t take much from this game. Or be fooled into thinking it represents some type of program malfunction. Dook-KY didn’t even make it and UNC, Mich State were crap.

When Self says we need “more length”, he should be asked why that didn’t work for Kentucky or Dook.

(Remember after we got raced by Auburn the lesson was: need way more speed at guard! No, we just needed a healthy Doke to be right back at #1 the next year with the same basic cast)
I think the only for me is wrapping my head around the blowout 'trend'.

Of course, this team wasn't going anywhere, and teams that shoot a ton of 3s are (I assume) more likely to find themselves in blowouts one way or another.... but, they made it to the Final Four before getting demolished by Villanova and absolutely everything goes wrong and they're down 19-4 (or whatever). Auburn shot a ton of 3s. Everything went wrong last night long before USC made a ton of 3s. Oregon is kind of in there, but to a lesser extend, IMO.

And it's a small sample size and each season has its many variables, etc... but, it does seem pretty extreme that when they've exited in recent years, it's been a flaming dumpster fire being dropped off a cliff.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 119
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Up