ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:04 AM 05-04-2017
Awesomeness!!

Shit like this is catnip for me.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:33 PM 05-04-2017
I liked the last episode with all the craziness that happened to the old guy. Falling on the guy from the roof then getting bit by a snake, etc. Just a crazy bunch of happenings.

I also liked it cause the Coon girl wasn't in it. She's a Debbie Downer...
[Reply]
bgguitarman 07:46 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Awesomeness!!

Shit like this is catnip for me.
Agreed 100%
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:27 PM 05-08-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:49 PM 05-08-2017

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:17 PM 05-08-2017
How did I know you would post this? lol
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:56 PM 05-09-2017
Music choices have been terrific. First the perfect strangers theme song. Now A-ha, a video about a man and woman from practically two different worlds.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:47 PM 05-09-2017
Looks like next week's episode is the "Matt" one for the season. They were among the best in the first two seasons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:03 PM 05-14-2017
An officer of the law. Would you like to regale us with a tune, officer?
Attached: God.jpg (49.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:10 AM 05-15-2017
Is it me or does Matt look like an older version of Josh Lucas?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:54 PM 05-15-2017
Oh man, I didn't realize "God" was the guy from Kevin's "dreams." This show.
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 10:18 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
...and they both died and returned from the dead...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:24 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I haven't gone back and reviewed, but when Kevin met him on the bridge to Miracle, was that a dream, or was that the bridge to Miracle?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:51 AM 05-17-2017
Sepinwall with some great writing

Originally Posted by Alan Sepinwall:
There’s this guy. He has devoted his entire life to telling people about the wonders of God, even though his relationship with the Almighty hasn’t been the healthiest.

When he was 10, he was so envious of the attention his baby sister was getting, he asked God to give him some of it back, and God responded by giving him a nearly fatal bout with leukemia. And still he believed, and still he tried telling others about God. When he was a teenager, his parents burned to death in the family home while he and his sister sat on the curb watching, him insisting the entire time that their parents weren’t suffering and this was all part of God’s plan. This guy grew up to be a charismatic and influential reverend, preaching a gospel that would then be forever undermined when a random two percent of the world’s population vanished in a way that went against any scripture he’d ever read. Worse, one of the people who vanished did so while driving his car, which crashed into this guy’s wife, rendering her permanently catatonic, according to the doctors. So now the guy became obsessed with spreading the good word that many of the Departed were bad people, and received many punches to the face for his troubles, and lost his church itself to a new cult that had sprung up and already started picking off members of her rapidly-dwindling flock. And the guy’s focus changed, again, to saving the souls of the members of this cult, none of whom wanted saving — at least not until they lit the town on fire metaphorically, and the town responded by lighting them on fire quite literally.

At this point, the guy quite wisely decided it was time for a fresh start, and now his religious fixations turned to what had improbably become the safest, holiest place on the planet: a small town in Texas where nobody Departed. The guy went there for what was supposed to be a brief visit, and was stunned when God granted him a miracle on his first night there: his wife woke up and made the sweetest of love to him. But once again, God was like Lucy Van Pelt with the football, and the wife went back to her catatonia — somehow pregnant, even though they’d never been able to conceive before her accident. This guy told his loved ones about the miracle, and they of course thought he was both crazy and a sex criminal, and as penance for his many sins, the guy wound up doing time — some of it fully nude, in stocks on top of a taco truck — in the tent city outside of town, separated from his wife and unborn son. Still he suffered, and still he believed, and still he preached, and after all of that, he was again rewarded when she woke up for good, told others the truth about the night the baby was conceived, and gave birth to a healthy boy.

This guy should have been happy. He should have been content in his family and in his faith. His miracle wife and miracle son had made him a charismatic and influential man of the cloth once again, but he became convinced that the town was the only reason both were okay, and he forbade them to leave until she decided to go, for good, and take the boy. And this guy’s belief has refocused — again — on a family friend whom he has decided (with some decent evidence) is the new Messiah, only the friend has no interest in the position and flees to Australia rather than playing whatever his appointed role is for what our guy has decreed to be the most important day in the history of creation. So this guy follows him halfway across the world only to get stranded on a boat filled with the most sinful of heathens, and it’s there that this guy meets…

God.

Who is really kind of a jerk.

Laughing yet? No? Have I mentioned that God — after making this guy re-examine every belief he’s ever had, and ever bad choice he’s ever made — gets eaten by a lion who was set free after being the beloved totem of an orgy? And this guy we’ve been following — who has been trying to convince everyone around him of the existence of both God as a concept and this man claiming to be He — watches the lion eat Him, then turns directly to the camera and says, “That’s the guy I was telling you about.”

Now that’s comedy.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:10 PM 05-18-2017
I haven't gone back and reviewed, but when Kevin met him on the bridge to Miracle, was that a dream, or was that the bridge to Miracle?
One of the "dreams." He whispered something in Kevin's ear after telling him this was "more real than it's ever been," at which point Kevin took child Patti to the well.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up