ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>MCU Phase 4 Trailer
Tribal Warfare 01:27 PM 05-03-2021

[Reply]
Wilsonsok 10:51 AM 05-19-2021
I’m very excited to see what they can show us for phase 4! I’m expecting Wakanda Forever will be a bit of a tear jerker. I’m also very excited to see the MCU dipping their feet into some different styles and genres as well. As a huge fan of both superheroes and horror films, I’m pumped for “Multiverse of Madness”!
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:11 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Wilsonsok:
I’m very excited to see what they can show us for phase 4! I’m expecting Wakanda Forever will be a bit of a tear jerker. I’m also very excited to see the MCU dipping their feet into some different styles and genres as well. As a huge fan of both superheroes and horror films, I’m pumped for “Multiverse of Madness”!
Speaking of superheroes and horror, I’m getting excited for the What If? stories. Pretty sure there’s a marvel zombies and if done properly might be a damn good story.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:15 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
They likely need to touch on the Phoenix at some point considering how much of a backstory it is for the X-Men and Jean Grey in particular, who in turn is such a staple of the X-Men universe in and of herself. I think the main errors of The Dark Phoenix movie was Sophie Turner's lack of acting prowess, to become a crazed alternate personality that was so different from Jean Grey, I never thought they really setup either of her personalities well, and it was more Turner's role in GoT that was a star power, hot name move more than anything. Also the ending confrontation after the train was shit as well and they didn't really stick to source material with those aliens being the big bads. It's a saga that can't be brought down to one movie length, it would need to be something in the vein of Infinity War and Endgame, spread out over at least two movies with better acting and writing. That's why these castings are so crucial for Marvel coming out the gate, ,they can't just nail half of the characters and then wiff on the other half like Fox did. They don't need to touch on it until after the third movie I feel, setup your characters with real world issues, here on earth, then go cosmic later on way down the line if the movies are successful and lead you down that path. Marvel slow played it and did it right where as DC rushed everything, I have faith in them to do X-Men right and I'm really looking forward to seeing who they get, I just want them to go all out 90s cartoon with it, with Sentinels, Genosha, Gambit, Sabertooth, Rogue, the whole thing. If they can introduce Rogue, in the upcoming movie The Marvels, where Rogue saps Captain Marvel's power and Ms. Marvel has to step up and carry the banner to save the day, that'd be an insane way to start introducing the X-Men, it would also give them a credible way to sideline Captain Marvel instead of just putting her off planet while Thanos lays waste until the last 30 minutes of Endgame.
Jesus fuck dude. Is your return key broken? Ain't nobody gonna read that wall of text.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:24 PM 05-19-2021
Maybe I'm just a little bit burned out on Marvel. I thought most of the movies prior to Endgame were very good (Thor 2 was sort of a miss and Iron Man 3 didn't do anything for me). I found Endgame disappointing because they had to do the lazy time travel plot device which has been overused to death. The Spider Man movie afterwards was just underwhelming. I think it's like Star Wars/Star Trek/SuperMan/BatMan/etc. I'm just bored by rehashing of the same old thing with big CGI Monster fights and uninteresting characters.

Do we really need a movie about Hawkeye? Or Black Widow? Another Black Panther with a new actor?

As long as people keep going to them, they will keep making them.

I'm part of the older crowd; I didn't read comics so all of this was new and interesting.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:48 PM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I wouldn't sideline him quite as much as Hawkeye, but yeah. Fox could never get past the idea that X-Men was about Wolverine, and Xavier vs Magneto. There's no reason Magneto needs to be in every movie. And they wasted so many characters, just in general. Big ones they could have done more with like Storm and Cyclops to be sure, but also smaller characters they just pissed away in half-ass cameos. Psylocke. Gambit. Even Deadpool, before they fixed it.

I agree with the first part, but I don't think you can jump into something like Endgame. So much of what works in that movie depends on everything that came before. The impact of seeing 40 superheroes team up in the end isn't the same if you didn't have the history with them. But I do think you could build up to another Endgame-level event with the just the X-Men. The bench of characters is that deep.
By endgame. I mean the feat of movie, not the quantity. I dont think most audiences need a build up. Have it start with the core and end credits of blue and gold squads.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up