ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 192
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
mkp785 02:42 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Not a fan of the trade up in general, especially with higher picks (rounds 1-3).

Hell, I'd prefer to not miss out on guys like Tre Smith because I want a "better" Nick Bolton or Creed Humphrey.
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I would be shocked if Williams fell past 15. He is a game wrecker. Imagine him in our offense? You can only dream.
I think that both guys will be there at our spot. There's not too many teams that can afford to just punt on Williams entire rookie year. So, unless we start seeing some Willis McGahee like boost in the lead up to the draft, Veach should have his chance to get him if he wants.

I agree that he'd be perfect for us. Let him sit for most of the season, then hopefully be able to unless him on unsuspecting teams in the playoffs on certain plays or maybe PR/KR.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:46 PM 01-29-2022
God. Draft Williams then have Carolina get sick of paying CMC 17M/yr and cuts him. This is at least possible. Somewhat.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:51 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
With at least $76+ million in cap space we will be able to do whatever we want.

Signing Brown and Ward and some other pieces like Pringle and Ingram would still leave us with tons of cap room to either get a great DE or Safety or true #2 receiver.
Tyreek Hill wants a new contract as well. That one could be pricey.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:02 PM 01-29-2022
Yeah but reworking Hill's deal will save us cap space in 2022.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:16 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sure. Within this player’s rookie deal - likely just about as they’re hitting their stride/prime - you would expect Kelce and/or Hill to start dropping off physically.

Would be nice to have a weapon ready roll right in and take over the load as those guys start to step back.

Jameson Williams and John Metchie offer unique opportunities for the Chiefs. Each is a potential home run value. They’re a pair of top 10/15 pick receivers who are falling into range because of the timing of their injuries.

It’s an opportunity. Anyway, I think Buffalo may actually take Williams if he is there (though Nakobe Dean would make a lot of sense for them as a Edmundss replacement).
These have been my dream targets from the get go.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:00 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
WR is top heavy in contracts and then falls off whereas CB has a few top contracts but is still expensive 25 players deep.
We are set to lose a couple of our CBs that we depend on greatly. Not so much with WR.
We are set to lose both of our starting DE in Clark and Ingram.
We do not need to spend heavily in FA or the draft on WR or RB. We can get those in other places and we really don't have the cap to spend top contracts there either. McKinnon was a cheap find but a better fit than CEH, which was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

A couple CB?

You mean Charvarius Ward? That’s only guy they “count on.” Hughes is depth. And I’m not sure Ward is allowed to walk.

DE will for sure need to be addressed, but I think they can make reasonable cost adds at DE and keep it rolling. Ingram among them.

The Chiefs are going to end up with as much cap space as they need, really.

They can restructure Mahomes to lower his hit. Hitchens and Clark cut frees up a lot of cap space. Hill and Brown extended creates space.

It’s not hard to get the Chiefs $75M under the cap.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:20 PM 01-29-2022
A couple CB?

You mean Charvarius Ward? That’s only guy they “count on.” Hughes is depth. And I’m not sure Ward is allowed to walk.

DE will for sure need to be addressed, but I think they can make reasonable cost adds at DE and keep it rolling. Ingram among them.

The Chiefs are going to end up with as much cap space as they need, really.

They can restructure Mahomes to lower his hit. Hitchens and Clark cut frees up a lot of cap space. Hill and Brown extended creates space.

It’s not hard to get the Chiefs $75M under the cap.
Hughes has been forced into duty regularly. Sneed missed a couple of games, Ward missed a couple of games, Fenton missed several games. Hughes was the next man up every time. They definitely counted on him. He also did some work on ST.
Not sure what you mean by "Ward allowed to walk" he is a UFA. He is nowhere near what the Tag is worth and he is going to be able to get a very nice contract in FA. One that will make Steven Nelsons look reasonable when he left.
As much as Ingram has done for us he is not all that. If it was not for Jones neither Ingram nor Clark would have done shit, not that they did very dang much. We need to improve on that pass rush not stay status quo. If that means a good draft pick that will be there in a year or two along with Ingram that is fine. But Ingram is not getting any younger. He could hit the wall at any snap.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:04 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Hughes has been forced into duty regularly. Sneed missed a couple of games, Ward missed a couple of games, Fenton missed several games. Hughes was the next man up every time. They definitely counted on him. He also did some work on ST.
Not sure what you mean by "Ward allowed to walk" he is a UFA. He is nowhere near what the Tag is worth and he is going to be able to get a very nice contract in FA. One that will make Steven Nelsons look reasonable when he left.
As much as Ingram has done for us he is not all that. If it was not for Jones neither Ingram nor Clark would have done shit, not that they did very dang much. We need to improve on that pass rush not stay status quo. If that means a good draft pick that will be there in a year or two along with Ingram that is fine. But Ingram is not getting any younger. He could hit the wall at any snap.

I won’t be surprised if they pay Ward to stay. Won’t complain either. Fortunately, with Sneed’s versatility they can play him inside or outside, so they have flexibility there. With Fenton back, that’s 2/3 of your CB in nickel sets.

They can find a boundary corner in the draft. Or in FA.

Some combination of FA/draft needs to provide:

(1) starting safety
(1) starting CB
(1) 4th CB
(2) starting DEs
(1) tertiary weapon (RB or WR) for offense

I expect them to spend big on a safety, probably find some vets who are good fits in FA on reasonable, short deals (Ingram a possibility, but other guys available), and spend their first 3 picks in the draft on some combination of DE/WR/DB (could be a corner or safety or hybrid).

Just saying… take the talent at 32 that is the hardest for you to get. If that’s Jameson Williams, cool.

If it’s Kair Elam sliding or a DE, cool.

Just don’t think it’s smart to lock in at a position and roll with that.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:56 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Tyreek Hill wants a new contract as well. That one could be pricey.
A Tyreek Hill extension is part of what gets us to $76M in cap space (along with jettisoning Frank Clark and Anthony Hitchens and restructuring Mahomes).

OBJr., Ward, and few lower priced depth guys like Ingram and Pringle, and a couple bigger FAs at DE, S, and WR are very doable.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:46 PM 01-29-2022
I won’t be surprised if they pay Ward to stay. Won’t complain either. Fortunately, with Sneed’s versatility they can play him inside or outside, so they have flexibility there. With Fenton back, that’s 2/3 of your CB in nickel sets.

They can find a boundary corner in the draft. Or in FA.

Some combination of FA/draft needs to provide:

(1) starting safety
(1) starting CB
(1) 4th CB
(2) starting DEs
(1) tertiary weapon (RB or WR) for offense

I expect them to spend big on a safety, probably find some vets who are good fits in FA on reasonable, short deals (Ingram a possibility, but other guys available), and spend their first 3 picks in the draft on some combination of DE/WR/DB (could be a corner or safety or hybrid).

Just saying… take the talent at 32 that is the hardest for you to get. If that’s Jameson Williams, cool.

If it’s Kair Elam sliding or a DE, cool.

Just don’t think it’s smart to lock in at a position and roll with that.
Definitely agree with the BPA at 32 at one of those positions. BPA needs to also include what is available in the next few rounds.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:27 PM 01-29-2022
There's some new footage I hadn't seen on Chiefs Insider - shows OBJ going around trying to fire up the rest of the OL with 13 seconds left. That's a very very good quality.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:27 PM 01-30-2022
Pro Bowl MFA :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:25 PM 01-30-2022
Brown had a very good game against the Bengals. I think he's been coached up well over the course of the season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:16 PM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Brown had a very good game against the Bengals. I think he's been coached up well over the course of the season.

Despite what Iowanian thinks, he absolutely dominated Trey Hendrickson. Who is a very good DE.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:48 AM 02-16-2022

It really bothers me seeing some of y’all talk about OL play. No one puts anything in perspective. Scheme fits, body types, talent, etc…Some of your best OLs fundamentals are unorthodox! The problem is most of y’all don’t even know the basics

— Orlando Brown Jr. (@ZEUS__57) February 15, 2022

[Reply]
Page 187 of 192
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191 > Last »
Up