« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
crispystl 11:20 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Humphrey is a 2nd round, highly touted C prospect who started at a high end college in a big offense.

Smith was supposedly a top 50 pick hampered with injury issue. Same with Niang.

It's not like you're starting 3 late round dudes.

Nobody has arguing about the talent. They’re just saying if you have 3 rookies the chances of 1/3 blowing an assignment and competing whiffing goes up exponentially and we have to protect the franchise at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree for the most part.
The Chiefs did not lose a game last year when Remmers started at RT. overall he was our most consistent OL by years end.

I get the excitement but Niang hasn’t played football in 2 years. I think it’s going to be hard to beat out Remmers which was why they told his agent he would start.

Andy knows that this is a new OL in at least 4 spots minimum. He’s not gonna throw out multiple starting rookies at the same time against our biggest competition and quality DL’s slated early in the season.

I could definitely see Trey Smith starting if injuries continue to happen. Otherwise I think it’s gonna be Long, LDT or Blythe in front of him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:28 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs did not lose a game last year when Remmers started at RT. overall he was our most consistent OL by years end.

I get the excitement but Niang hasn’t played football in 2 years. I think it’s going to be hard to beat out Remmers which was why they told his agent he would start.

Andy knows that this is a new OL in at least 4 spots minimum. He’s not gonna throw out multiple starting rookies at the same time against our biggest competition and quality DL’s slated early in the season.

I could definitely see Trey Smith starting if injuries continue to happen. Otherwise I think it’s gonna be Long, LDT or Blythe in front of him.

It doesnt get brought up often but, Andy also helped Remmers like hes never helped anyone before. At least that i remember in KC.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:39 AM 06-11-2021
At this point I'm extremely glad we aren't relying on Niang to be our starting left tackle remember when we were all trying to talk ourselves into that
[Reply]
BossChief 01:09 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Blythe is gonna get the RG job...
When asked about him, Veach and Andy have used the term “depth”.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:39 PM 06-11-2021
Regardless of what we are each speculating and trying to deduce.... This is a good problem to have.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:08 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Blythe is gonna get the RG job...
Ahhhh. Nope..
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Yep.

When I said "for the most part" the one thing I was thinking was that LDT might actually start over Blythe. Other than that, I totally agree.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:25 PM 06-11-2021

If Trey Smith is healthy, he's going to get a crack at starting. He's blown the Chiefs away to this point, and while those three guys are valuable, they don't have anywhere near the upside

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
Halfcan 07:36 PM 06-11-2021
Wylie, LDT and Allegretti regularly got their shit pushed in during pass protection by more physical defensive players. Plus, they could rarely create any space for our running game.

Smith has said he credits his high school coach telling him was not physical enough- so he flipped the switch-"And it stayed Flipped!" He wants to punish guys on every play.

Wylie should be cut, LDT and Allegretti should be backups. None of the 3 have the same attitude as Smith.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:48 PM 06-11-2021
No one has brought up if the Chiefs will insert Trey at LG and move Thuney at RG when Niang is the RT. If KC is afraid of inexperience on the right side of the line then is one way to remedy it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:52 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No one has brought up if the Chiefs will insert Trey at LG and move Thuney at RG when Niang is the RT. If KC is afraid of inexperience on the right side of the line then is one way to remedy it.
There's a reason nobody has brought that up.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:56 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
There's a reason nobody has brought that up.
Which is what, because if you're filled with uncertainty and Trey's natural position is LG and Thuney is a proverbial swiss army knife this is the way to go if you're afraid of said inexperience.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:57 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Doubtful, Brown and Thuney need to protect Mahomes's blindside. If teams can't get any pressure on the left side, Mahomes is going to pick them apart.

Niang will be a backup to start.

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Trey, Remmers - that will be the starters-imo.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:59 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Doubtful, Brown and Thuney need to protect Mahomes's blindside. If teams can't get any pressure on the left side, Mahomes is going to pick them apart.

Niang will be a backup to start.

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Trey, Remmers - that will be the starters-imo.
Some are pissing their pants about the idea of a very "green" right side this is one solution
[Reply]
Page 19 of 52
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up