Al Bundy 12:22 AM 01-11-2023
The Game Of Thrones
The Sopranos
Gone With The Wind
All the Harry Potter franchise
Citizen Kane
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:09 AM 01-11-2023
S1 of The Leftovers was an absolutely brutal slog only rivaled by Season 1 of The Expanse. Couldn't make it through, and after watching Episode 1 of Watchmen, I've decided I simply despise Damon Lindeloff.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:19 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
S1 of The Leftovers was an absolutely brutal slog only rivaled by Season 1 of The Expanse. Couldn't make it through, and after watching Episode 1 of Watchmen, I've decided I simply despise Damon Lindeloff.
:-) :-) :-)

I can definitely appreciate that take. Calling it a slog perfectly encapsulates my feelings as well the first time I watched the series. I feel like by episode 6 or so it heated up for me and the rest that followed was excellent. But....I was rather close to giving up as well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:58 PM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It was (though on a rewatch a few years ago, I found it quite a bit better), but S2 of the Leftovers is without a doubt one of the best seasons of television ever made.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:32 PM 01-11-2023
A bunch of people who are frequent posters in the media center haven't watched some of the greatest movies in history, while watching, and celebrating, all kinds of crap. Seems like something that should be remedied.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:44 PM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
A bunch of people who are frequent posters in the media center haven't watched some of the greatest movies in history, while watching, and celebrating, all kinds of crap.
Hey look everyone, Pussin' By has something negative to say....again.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:49 PM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Hey look everyone, Pussin' By has something negative to say....again.
That dude is an enormous queer
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:20 PM 01-11-2023
As for my movie/TV show gaps, I've never had HBO so I've never seen any of the shows that appeared on that network. That extends to other nontraditional networks as well, so I haven't seen most of the biggest series of the past twenty years, like The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Oz, Ozark, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Six Feet Under, etc. Nary an episode of any of them.

I've seen almost none of the classic Black and White movies because frankly I think the acting is not very good in most of them.

I've never seen the Matrix series in the modern world, and haven't seen any of the James Bond films of the past 15 years.

In general, I guess I just don't watch many TV shows or movies any more. The only TV shows that I've watched that have been produced in the past 10 years or so are Arrested Development, The Good Place, Always Sunny, and Big Bang Theory.
[Reply]
Fish 05:54 PM 01-11-2023
Some of y'all in this thread... :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:59 AM 01-13-2023
The lack of "I haven't seen Succession" in this thread is disturbing. Wife and I are doing a rewatch and it's cemented its status as my favorite show. One of those rare ones that is better on a 2nd rewatch because of the numerous details and incredible writing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:15 PM 01-13-2023
Yellowstone. Any of them.
[Reply]
scho63 07:30 PM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yellowstone. Any of them.
Beat me to it! :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:22 PM 01-13-2023
I’ve never seen a Predator movie.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:24 PM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ve never seen a Predator movie.
Predator is fun. At least a couple of them are.
[Reply]
underEJ 07:43 PM 01-13-2023
Seinfeld.

I've obviously seen clips, and references in other stuff, but never a whole episode. Partly due to its prime being during a low tv time in my life (busy with college, getting a life, only owned a semi functional tv that I found on the railroad tracks,) but also it just didn't seem funny to me in ads or clips.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up