Page 693 of 934
« First < 193593643683689690691692693 694695696697703743793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:35 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This is all very subjective and you really have to figure out how risky you'd like to be with trading.

I lean to the more conservative side. Many traders are much more aggressive than I am. I prefer a lot of little-medium successes while others prefer being less accurate and trade for the home run.

Market conditions also precipitate how aggressive you should be. When things are whip-sawing, I am much tighter with stops. When things are going well, my initial stop loss may stay for days at a time.

With ENTG I was more conservative because it's previous best close was 122.05. So I tightened stop losses near this area in case it met resistance again. This did lead me to getting stopped out completely, which is fine as I locked in a 5% win. Had this stock been still retracing a previous high, I may not have been as tight with my stop. If you want to be aggressive with this trade you could sell 25% now and keep your original stop loss. If you'd like to be more conservative you could sell 25% now and set stop to right below intraday low of 6-28 at 118.49 (This scenario means it will be a green trade for sure).

My strategy for most trades is to sell 25% of the position when I hit a 5% gain. I then scale out another 50% of the position near 8-10% and absolutely raise my stop loss at this time. If my trading hasn't been going as well as I'd like, when I hit a 5% gain I also raise my stop to break even so that even if I get stopped out, I keep that trade green. If you prefer a stock to run but want to stay green, just keep raising your stop to the previous day's low.

Damn, Thats grinding. I enjoy swinging for the fences for the most part. But I'm consolidating right now to take a break. Maybe!
[Reply]
lewdog 05:41 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Damn, Thats grinding. I enjoy swinging for the fences for the most part. But I'm consolidating right now to take a break. Maybe!
That's the tradeoff for using capital risk management strategies. Everyone swings for the fences until a market correction (even a 10% one) happens and they see their account go down 25%+ as they are loaded with growth stocks (They always come back until they don't!). I don't do all this work to give my capital back! Some of these people with huge gains will see them evaporate someday if they don't have a plan.

Even with all these "small gains," my total account value in June has gone up nearly 20%.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:42 PM 06-29-2021
Wait, did you let us know this was gonna happen?
Uh....er.......I am now.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:37 PM 06-29-2021
This came across on my pullback screener. Interesting and I drew a line on possible entry at 23.43, looks to be about 4.3% risk using stop right below intraday low of today. Has potential to retrace back to upper 20's (was just there 27.92 spike) with prior highs at 35. Recent cross of the 20 through the 50. Only negative is volume on recent large selloff day.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:06 PM 06-29-2021
My brother and I have been looking into Life sciences companies like psychedelics and new molecular therapeutic treatments.

Yahoo posted an investor forum that I'm going to go through all the companies that presented. I think there's a tremendous opportunity for a new growth sector that is going to explode in the coming decade.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/life-...123500576.html

One I like already is Field Trip. They have applied to be moved up onto the Nasdaq, and have a former Senate Majority Leader who is on their board as well as being a public ambassador (like on CNBC), which I would imagine has some favorable advantages in terms of policy & the regulatory process to some degree.

I've already picked up a little over 1000 given the price. It's been making positive gains already and I think it's going to jump when it gets bumped up to the Nasdaq.

$FTRPF

Either way, I plan on adding more from this new field to my portfolio and scouting them early to get a decent amount at low cost.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:32 PM 06-29-2021
I went a little crazy on MMAT today. I have a good feeling about it. I'm not going to post all the details, if anyone is curious there is a ton of info out there about it right now.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:55 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I went a little crazy on MMAT today. I have a good feeling about it. I'm not going to post all the details, if anyone is curious there is a ton of info out there about it right now.
Don’t you dare do us like this! “Not going to post all the details.”

Fuck!!!
[Reply]
rydogg58 09:00 PM 06-29-2021
Took some of my AMC play money over to XELA tonight. After watching the likes of MRIN and BSQR run apeshit this week, I figured, why not.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 06-29-2021
I'm starting to wonder if the hedgies have figured out that if they keep the price of AMC sideway for awhile, that all the meme stock ADHD boys will get bored and dump their shares to move onto the next big thing. AMC could be toast.
[Reply]
rydogg58 09:20 PM 06-29-2021
I'm starting to wonder if the hedgies have figured out that if they keep the price of AMC sideway for awhile, that all the meme stock ADHD boys will get bored and dump their shares to move onto the next big thing. AMC could be toast.
I think that's been their plan all along. I've still got a little left, but I'm of the notion that everyone that's sitting around waiting for a squeeze forgets that we just had one.

It might go, but I think it's more likely that it trades sideways while they slowly bleed it dry. I'm happy with what I gained and the majority of my profit went to other things instead of letting it sit on the sidelines.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:26 PM 06-29-2021
I already stated that, pay attention!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:36 PM 06-29-2021
I already stated that, pay attention!
BRB, selling now.

Thanks!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:03 AM 06-30-2021

I’m still up but if it gets below $40…I’m out.
[Reply]
neech 06:31 AM 06-30-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Took some of my AMC play money over to XELA tonight. After watching the likes of MRIN and BSQR run apeshit this week, I figured, why not.
I've been pulling some of mine sad to say, it does make me wonder about the longevity of people holding the stock.
[Reply]
banyon 06:57 AM 06-30-2021
Bought one lot of SOFI. Looks like a little run to $24 or $25 might be coming.
[Reply]
Page 693 of 934
« First < 193593643683689690691692693 694695696697703743793 > Last »
Up