ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'll say it; Mike Vrabel is a huge liability on this defense
steelyeyed57 06:11 PM 12-12-2010
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.
[Reply]
HBKChiefs 06:12 PM 12-12-2010
Vrabel is old. His tackling is getting worse each game. I agree.
[Reply]
spanky 52 06:13 PM 12-12-2010
But he's Haley's favorite ass kisser.
[Reply]
istas 06:22 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by steelyeyed57:
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.

He needs to be replaced next year, but he's the best we have for this year. Time for us to get more talent on the front 7. Weak against the run, weak against the pass, and no pressure on the qb every week is getting old.
[Reply]
tk13 06:24 PM 12-12-2010
He's struggling... but Studebaker got blown up by Rivers once today too. And on that last TD, Vrabel at least slowed the guy down, and two other guys ran right by the ball carrier and didn't touch him. At least Vrabel was trying. What those other guys did was total garbage.
[Reply]
Coach 06:38 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by tk13:
He's struggling... but Studebaker got blown up by Rivers once today too. And on that last TD, Vrabel at least slowed the guy down, and two other guys ran right by the ball carrier and didn't touch him. At least Vrabel was trying. What those other guys did was total garbage.
I know he's trying. I know his talent isn't there, and he's getting older, but he hasn't quit, unlike Kendrick Lewis.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:01 PM 12-12-2010
Studebaker is really really close to starting...Vrabel should be coaching next year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:03 PM 12-12-2010
Yeah, he's the weak spot performance-wise. I'm not sure if he makes the other players around him better, but opposing offenses should be targeting him.

The good news is that his position is the prime candidate for an upgrade anyway. If we want to improve our pass rush, Vrabel's position is where we want to invest an early draft pick.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:04 PM 12-12-2010
I've got to agree with the OP. He licks testes tenderly.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:05 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, he's the weak spot performance-wise. I'm not sure if he makes the other players around him better, but opposing offenses should be targeting him.

The good news is that his position is the prime candidate for an upgrade anyway. If we want to improve our pass rush, Vrabel's position is where we want to invest an early draft pick.
Von Miller?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:09 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Von Miller?

Uh, no. Rain Man. It says it right there at the top of the post.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:11 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Studebaker is really really close to starting...Vrabel should be coaching next year.
Why would a guy that's made in excess of $50 million dollars during his career ever coach?

JFC.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:12 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by steelyeyed57:
Yay, welcome to October 2009.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:14 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why would a guy that's made in excess of $50 million dollars during his career ever coach?

JFC.
Cause he enjoys it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:15 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Cause he enjoys it?
Name me a coach that earned in excess of $50 million in his playing career.

If Vrabel stays in the game in any capacity, it'll be in network broadcasting.

It's a stupid fucking argument, just as it was with Trent Green.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Up