Deshaun Watson suspended six games. https://t.co/WfC74deQM6

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:13 AM 08-18-2022
:-)
Attached: 46ml5uktlei91.jpg (56.8 KB) 
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:14 AM 08-18-2022
I hope his first snap back ends with him blowing out his knee and never playing again. Fuck this creep.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:16 AM 08-18-2022
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...ris-simms-says

As the 49ers prepare for their second preseason game, Jimmy Garoppolo remains on the roster.

San Francisco reportedly is holding out to find a trade suitor for the veteran quarterback before Aug. 30, the final roster cut-down day when teams trim down to 53 players.

NFL analyst Chris Simms believes one of Garoppolo's off-the-field flaws could be contributing to the lack of trade interest.

He goes off the radar there all the time," Simms said Monday on "Pro Football Talk" with Mike Florio.

"I’m not going to name the player, but I was at an event and the player who is a long-standing player with the 49ers is like, ‘I can’t get the quarterback to call me back. I’ve called him every day for a month.’

"You hear it from everybody. I’ve heard it from ex-coaches who have moved on. It’s weird. The organization has reached out to him at times and explained things to him, and they can’t get ahold of him. To the point where they have had to drive to his house and knock on the door and be like, ‘Hello? Are you alive? Are you there?’ "

That long history of being elusive in the offseason might be coming back to bite Garoppolo and the 49ers.

"I think there’s more than just the play on the field at hand here," Simms continued. "I think a lot of the NFL knows these stories a little bit, and I think that’s why we’ve had some teams kind of drag their feet and not sure if they want to go all in on the Jimmy Garoppolo trade."

Simms' stories of the quarterback are consistent with what Mike Silver of the San Francisco Chronicle reported last week, in what he dubbed the "Jimmy Garoppolo vanishing act."

Per Silver, the 49ers didn't hear from Garoppolo "for weeks and weeks" after he signed a five-year contract worth 7.5 million before the 2018 NFL season.

RELATED: DOCTOR OUTLINES SCENARIOS, TIMELINE FOR WARD'S 49ERS RETURN
The biggest reason other organizations aren't jumping at the opportunity for Garoppolo likely is that teams are waiting for the 49ers to release him in a couple of weeks.

But as Simms points out, there could be other looming factors as well.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:26 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Texans thing is a coincidence. If it were a 12-game suspension, he wouldn't accrue a full season and his contract would roll over to begin the following year. So it makes some sense that they'd settle at that threshold.

In other news, first the Haslams and now Watson using the term 'triggered.' I cannot tell you how much I detest this organization.

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
Deshaun Watson on why he’s apologizing then: “For everybody that was affected by this situation. There were a lot of people that were triggered.”
Maybe my definition of “triggered” is wrong, but I’ve always thought it was intended to be intentionally offensive. Like, you don’t use it unless you’re making fun of someone getting upset.

Does it have a more empathetic meaning or use? I haven’t heard anyone use it in a serious manner before.
[Reply]
wazu 11:29 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Maybe my definition of “triggered” is wrong, but I’ve always thought it was intended to be intentionally offensive. Like, you don’t use it unless you’re making fun of someone getting upset.

Does it have a more empathetic meaning or use? I haven’t heard anyone use it in a serious manner before.
No, it doesn't have any other broadly accepted connotation. I'm sure Watson felt comfortable using it after seeing his own ownership put out a public statement using it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:29 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

No. You got it right.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:33 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Texans thing is a coincidence. If it were a 12-game suspension, he wouldn't accrue a full season and his contract would roll over to begin the following year. So it makes some sense that they'd settle at that threshold.

In other news, first the Haslams and now Watson using the term 'triggered.' I cannot tell you how much I detest this organization.

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
Deshaun Watson on why he’s apologizing then: “For everybody that was affected by this situation. There were a lot of people that were triggered.”
Originally Posted by wazu:
No, it doesn't have any other broadly accepted connotation. I'm sure Watson felt comfortable using it after seeing his own ownership put out a public statement using it.

Yup. Haslam and Watson's word can basically be interpreted as, "Fine. Sure. I guess i'll apologize over the fact that some people got emotional over things i said i didn't do"

Not only is it a non-apology apology, it's a non-apology apology in the most dick headed way.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:38 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yup, 'triggered' has a very obvious connotation. I was floored when the Haslams used it and now he's done the same because that's genuinely how he feels. That we're all overly sensitive to sexual predation.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:39 AM 08-18-2022
Haslam and Watson would fit in well in CPDC.

Watson is basically what Taco John would be if he were even slightly athletic
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:40 AM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
$5 million fine is chump change.
Not really. If you made say $50K a year that's a $5,000 fine. Even if you wanted to look at it over his entire contract compare it to making $230K and having to pay a $5K fine.

Its not crippling but it isn't nothing. I mean its $5MM buckaroos dude.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:49 AM 08-18-2022
Time to move on.

After serving this suspension he will have missed almost 2 entire seasons. All parties needed this to be dealt with this season.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:01 PM 08-18-2022
Good to see that the Browns will continue to suck for eternity. Watson will never be more than a slightly above avg at best QB by the time he gets back.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:05 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Good to see that the Browns will continue to suck for eternity. Watson will never be more than a slightly above avg at best QB by the time he gets back.
The trade was epically stupid to begin with, this situation makes it hilariously laughable.

Poor Brown's fans, haven't they suffered enough? Jeez.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:05 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Time to move on.

After serving this suspension he will have missed almost 2 entire seasons. All parties needed this to be dealt with this season.
And will still make $220MM+. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 12:07 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And will still make $220MM+. :-)
And with so much of it guaranteed they are stuck with him even if he is the worst statistical QB in the league.

They gambled bigtime and are going to be fucked.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 25
« First < 111718192021 22232425 >
Up