« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games [increased to 11 games]
Rams Fan 06:35 AM 08-01-2022

Deshaun Watson suspended six games. https://t.co/WfC74deQM6

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:44 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Although 2 grand jury's decided not to prosecute. What he did was immoral and creepy, but not criminal at this point. Again, DeShaun would be smart to settle for the 6 games this year and a $20 million fine. That would basically be a 23 game suspension with no pay...
Doesn't mean it wasn't criminal, just wasn't adequate proof under the circumstances. On the flipside, I think most of us felt that Tyreek Hill being charged for domestic assault didn't actually mean he was in fact guilty of what he was charged of doing. The court of law isn't infallible.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:45 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, but again, two grand juries said it wasn't criminal. If he would not have gotten paid last year, or was fined $20 million now, would that satisfy you that he didn't play for 23 games and wasn't paid during that time? I wouldn't hire him to work at my company, but then again, there are many players with immoral backgrounds that I wouldn't hire to work at my company that are gainfully employed by the NFL.
He was paid 10 and a half million dollars last year, the only meaningful punishment for his misdeeds at this point are financial. If the state couldn't indict the NFL has to try and make their public relations machine show some force by saying they care about women (as long as it's not Dan Snyder harassing them)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:57 AM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
He was paid 10 and a half million dollars last year, the only meaningful punishment for his misdeeds at this point are financial. If the state couldn't indict the NFL has to try and make their public relations machine show some force by saying they care about women (as long as it's not Dan Snyder harassing them)
$20 million is using his base and prorating some of this $27 million signing bonus. I could give a shit if he sits for years, but it's a slippery slope once you start punishing morality subjectively.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:01 AM 08-08-2022
https://en.as.com/nfl/are-the-browns...hole-season-n/

...Now, just like every other offseason over the last few years, Colin Kaepernick is back in the spotlight. This year it’s the Cleveland Browns who are being implored to take a chance on the former San Fran signal caller. He is 34 years old, with an upcoming birthday in November, but reports are he is still keeping in shape. One thing is being in shape but another thing is being game ready after five years since his last NFL game.

Brissett, Rosen and Dobbs the back ups in Cleveland
Yesterday it was reported that Kaepernick was throwning around with free agent Jarvis Landry, Browns receiver Jakeem Grant and Browns tight end David Njoku sparking speculation of potential interest from Cleveland. At the moment there are no serious talks of the Browns considering picking up Kaepernick. If the Browns are interested it would be in their best interest to expedite talks to get Kaepernick incorporated as soon as possible...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:42 AM 08-08-2022
The Kneeler hasn't played in six seasons.

Every single backup on the roster is a better option. Even Rosen. Brissett is good enough to be a steady hand on the steering wheel.

"But Kaep has been working out!!" Meaningless to actually playing QB.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:27 AM 08-08-2022
Not sure how a fourth string Colin Kaepernick would help.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:11 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The judge was presented with 4 of the cases and she determined they were all “sexual assault.”

Pretty simple.
If Watson actually "sexually assaulted" 4 women, or the 22 who have sued which seems to be the common claim, then you should be way more pissed at the criminal justice system not filing charges than the NFL just giving him 6 games.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:24 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If Watson actually "sexually assaulted" 4 women, or the 22 who have sued which seems to be the common claim, then you should be way more pissed at the criminal justice system not filing charges than the NFL just giving him 6 games.
Seems fine to be pissed at both to me?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:27 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Someone might want to keep a close watch over Watson when this happens…

lmao

did they move it from Jupiter, FL?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:13 PM 08-08-2022
Watson is a complete creep, but his actions fall into the category of 'tell me you want a rub and tug without telling me you want a rub and tug'.

- Finds therapists on instagram.
- Tells them he's an NFL player.
- Doesn't care if they are licensed or what their training is.
- Tells them he wants a massage in private.
- Tells them before hand he won't use a sheet.
- Asks them before hand if they mind focusing on his groin region.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:07 PM 08-08-2022
But this is a football message board and we're discussing the NFL's penalty?

I assure you on the legal forums I frequent I have vehemently expressed my disappointment with the criminal justice system.

Does that make you feel better?

I love how you put "sexually assaulted" in parantheses as if it's just a supposition of mine and not something the independent arbiter declared.
[Reply]
TLO 03:14 PM 08-08-2022
Rimjob
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:27 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Watson is a complete creep, but his actions fall into the category of 'tell me you want a rub and tug without telling me you want a rub and tug'.

- Finds therapists on instagram.
- Tells them he's an NFL player.
- Doesn't care if they are licensed or what their training is.
- Tells them he wants a massage in private.
- Tells them before hand he won't use a sheet.
- Asks them before hand if they mind focusing on his groin region.
-Moves his penis to purposely touch the unwilling therapist.
-Jizzes (non-violently, of course) on said therapists.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:32 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But this is a football message board and we're discussing the NFL's penalty?

I assure you on the legal forums I frequent I have vehemently expressed my disappointment with the criminal justice system.

Does that make you feel better?

I love how you put "sexually assaulted" in parantheses as if it's just a supposition of mine and not something the independent arbiter declared.
I don't for a minute think if there is evidence he "sexually assaulted" 22 women he wouldn't be facing criminal charges. I think the term is being applied very liberally. 2 separate grand juries declined to charge him. Why do you think that?

Doesn't make him not a scumbag but words do have meaning.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:42 PM 08-08-2022
I don't for a minute think if there is evidence he "sexually assaulted" 22 women he wouldn't be facing criminal charges. I think the term is being applied very liberally. 2 separate grand juries declined to charge him. Why do you think that?

Doesn't make him not a scumbag but words do have meaning.
Are you familiar with the term “burden of proof”? You do know it differs, right?

In criminal court it’s “beyond a reasonable doubt.” That’s an extremely high bar and convincing an entire jury of something like this that straddles the line so delicately is difficult.

She determined it was more likely than not that he had sexually assaulted the 4 women. That was the burden of proof. And that’s a burden of proof that I think most of us should be willing to accept in light of the fact that he had upwards of 20 other cases alleging the same thing.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 25
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up