Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:53 PM 09-21-2020
Sneed ran a 4.37. He's fast.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:57 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The kid is a gamer.
Week 5 we will be fine with Ward/Breeland/Sneed. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:58 PM 09-21-2020
So why in the fuck did he drop to the 4th round? Just a position switch as a senior? What was that, some red flag or something?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:02 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So why in the fuck did he drop to the 4th round? Just a position switch as a senior? What was that, some red flag or something?
He played at Louisiana Tech, which is an FBS school in Conference USA, so he didn't face top notch receivers. Shutting down receivers at UTEP or UT San Antonio isn't the same as shutting down guys in the ACC, Big Ten or SEC.

It was a super deep draft at WR and other positions, so fortunately for the Chiefs, Sneed slipped to the 4th.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 09-21-2020
Wasnt his 40 time lower than the others who went before him in the draft? But, in reality, he's really fast.

If you are a 4.6 guy instead or 4.4 does it really make you as a football player less able to do the job?
Um...yes.

Is that a serious question?

Think of it in terms of time/space. you're talking about throws that get by DBs hands by a couple of inches at least a couple of times/gm. If you're 2 tenths faster, you're absolutely able to get to that spot just a little bit quicker, especially on anything more than 15-20 yards downfield.

And if you can't cover 20 yards downfield, you can't play. Not anymore. And if 2 or 3 of those balls you could've defended at 4.4 go undefended at 4.6, that's easily enough to lose you a football game in a league driven by parity.

I mean sure, if you're smarter or quicker or stronger you can overcome being slower - but it's harder. Yes, being faster will absolutely make a CB better at his job, ceteris paribus.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:08 PM 09-21-2020
World. Class. Sneed.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:12 PM 09-21-2020
Snead gonna get beat now and then but that closing speed is wow
[Reply]
staylor26 04:12 PM 09-21-2020
From my final mock draft:

Originally Posted by :
4. L’jarius Sneed, CB, Louisiana Tech - With good size and great speed, Sneed is a sleeper that had really good tape playing corner in 2018, but moved to safety in 2019. After running a 4.37 at the combine, teams are starting to think corner is his position in the NFL. After watching some of his 2018 stuff, I agree and think he could be a hidden gem.

[Reply]
Skyy God 04:16 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
From my final mock draft:
All the draft Escalades for Staylor.....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:19 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Um...yes.

Is that a serious question?

Think of it in terms of time/space. you're talking about throws that get by DBs hands by a couple of inches at least a couple of times/gm. If you're 2 tenths faster, you're absolutely able to get to that spot just a little bit quicker, especially on anything more than 15-20 yards downfield.

And if you can't cover 20 yards downfield, you can't play. Not anymore. And if 2 or 3 of those balls you could've defended at 4.4 go undefended at 4.6, that's easily enough to lose you a football game in a league driven by parity.

I mean sure, if you're smarter or quicker or stronger you can overcome being slower - but it's harder. Yes, being faster will absolutely make a CB better at his job, ceteris paribus.
Yes, serious question. I understand basic physics. The 4.4 player is going to get there faster than the 4.6 player.

In Baseball, as a batter, if you fail 7/10 times your a star making $20 million a year. You fail 8/10 times your not even playing in the big leagues.

My question was does the 4.6 player even make it to the NFL?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:21 PM 09-21-2020
Yes, serious question. I understand basic physics. The 4.4 player is going to get there faster than the 4.6 player.

In Baseball you fail 7/10 times your a star making $20 million a year. You fail 8/10 times your not even playing in the big leagues.

My question was does the 4.6 player even make it to the NFL?
I can't imagine 4.6 plays CB in the NFL with any regularity, no.

Richard Sherman's as smart and technically sound a CB as you'll find and he needs to be moved to safety YESTERDAY. Though he's probably not at 4.6 anymore.

He was probably around 4.6 when he broke in though, and he was obviously capable of playing at that speed. But he's the exception that proves the rule.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:25 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He played at Louisiana Tech, which is an FBS school in Conference USA, so he didn't face top notch receivers. Shutting down receivers at UTEP or UT San Antonio isn't the same as shutting down guys in the ACC, Big Ten or SEC.

It was a super deep draft at WR and other positions, so fortunately for the Chiefs, Sneed slipped to the 4th.
About time we got some karma payback. We get the #1 pick and there wasn't just a QB worth taking, but no position had anyone worthy of a #1 pick. Time has proven that.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:17 PM 09-22-2020
IM ROCK HARD IN MY PENUS AREA
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:19 PM 09-22-2020
From ESPN+
Originally Posted by :
Ranking the top debuts of the 2020 NFL season: Cam Newton, Chase Young, Jamal Adams and more

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:22 PM 09-22-2020
Once Breeland and Ward return, this secondary will go from a perceived weakness to start the season to a position of strength, with depth that will rival the defensive line.
[Reply]
PHOG 09-22-2020, 03:40 PM
This message has been deleted by PHOG.
Page 13 of 58
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up