ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1117 of 3903
« First < 11761710171067110711131114111511161117 111811191120112111271167121716172117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 11:04 AM 04-05-2020
Now you can't even order groceries online all slots are taken up all the time. This is getting very ridiculous.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:04 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Life is definitely going to change. Life changed after WW2, it changed after 9/11 and it will change after this. How much or how little is anyone's guess we will have to wait and see.
In reality little will change from this aside from people maybe doing things they should have been doing before like washing their hands and staying home when they don't feel good. What else is really going to change? Bars and gyms and theaters going to limit crowds to 50 people and keep everyone 6ft apart?

I am not sure what is going to change compared to things that changed with say 9/11?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:04 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Why not? Dude, Dr. Fauci is human. Just because he is a doctor doesn't making infallible.
It's true that he's not infallible, but it's also not relevant to the discussion we were having. Let's say that Fauci claimed that it was a public health emergency on January 21 and that we should ban all foreign travel, initiate temperature screenings, ban all public gatherings over 10 people, and institute a national lockdown with the one (known) case we had at that time.

Would you have supported that? Your presence here suggests that you don't even support a lockdown of non-NYC/NJ areas, and you don't believe that we will tolerate a national lockdown for much longer. I don't see how you are able to reconcile these two contradictory stances.
[Reply]
Donger 11:06 AM 04-05-2020
We'll agree to disagree.
Feel free to explain why in the DC.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:08 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's true that he's not infallible, but it's also not relevant to the discussion we were having. Let's say that Fauci claimed that it was a public health emergency on January 21 and that we should ban all foreign travel, initiate temperature screenings, ban all public gatherings over 10 people, and institute a national lockdown with the one (known) case we had at that time.

Would you have supported that? Your presence here suggests that you don't even support a lockdown of non-NYC/NJ areas, and you don't believe that we will tolerate a national lockdown for much longer. I don't see how you are able to reconcile these two contradictory stances.
I don't think you've really read much if what I have said, specifically pertaining to NY\NJ. That being said I am not so sure why my supporting it has to do with it? It's not like it matters one way or another if I support it or not.

And there were other things that could have been done if you want to go back in hind sight, build up of masks\ventilators, etc.

Again, I am not bashing Fauci. I am however pointing out that just because experts say things doesn't make them right. Or maybe in this case very short sighted.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:08 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Feel free to explain why in the DC.
Go on over there and wait for me. If I'm not there in 5 minutes, just wait longer.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:09 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Now you can't even order groceries online all slots are taken up all the time. This is getting very ridiculous.
That sucks!
[Reply]
Donger 11:10 AM 04-05-2020
Go on over there and wait for me. If I'm not there in 5 minutes, just wait longer.
Avoiding answering that question seems to be a common affliction.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
You continually try to localize this. There are a lot of states that new cases are growing at a rate of more than 10% a day, event though they have been on lockdown for a couple of weeks. It has never been confined to 2 or 3 states. There are places it is more active and less active. Most of the less active are becuase of measures that have been put it place not because a very infectous virus "isn't there".

Should we even look at new cases at this point because that data is super old? All the testing sites have backlogs of hundreds of thousands of tests
[Reply]
petegz28 11:11 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Avoiding answering that question seems to be a common affliction.
Nope, just not playing the Donger game in here......
[Reply]
cdcox 11:12 AM 04-05-2020
Why not? Dude, Dr. Fauci is human. Just because he is a doctor doesn't making infallible.
Such a straw man. Of course he is not infallible. But most epidemiologists are on the same page has him and that is the best information that we have. Are you suggesting that we go against the best science and just hope all of the experts are wrong?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:14 AM 04-05-2020
Such a straw man. Of course he is not infallible. But most epidemiologists are on the same page has him and that is the best information that we have. Are you suggesting that we go against the best science and just hope all of the experts are wrong?
Not only am I not suggesting that I even said we need to listen to him. Again, you are reading what you want and not what I said.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:14 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Should we even look at new cases at this point because that data is super old? All the testing sites have backlogs of hundreds of thousands of tests
It goes without saying that we need more testing capability, both to make decisions and to control flare ups after we partially open things up.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 04-05-2020
I’m kinda past the point of worrying about testing positives

It’s everywhere and it’s been everywhere. Biggest thing now is get the hospitalizations down then get on testing
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:17 AM 04-05-2020
It goes without saying that we need more testing capability, both to make decisions and to control flare ups after we partially open things up.

Absolutely. We need the rapid testing everywhere prior to opening back up.

Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m kinda past the point of worrying about testing positives

It’s everywhere and it’s been everywhere. Biggest thing now is get the hospitalizations down then get on testing

Agreed
[Reply]
Page 1117 of 3903
« First < 11761710171067110711131114111511161117 111811191120112111271167121716172117 > Last »
Up