ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1021 of 3903
« First < 21521921971101110171018101910201021 102210231024102510311071112115212021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
23% of all of the world's Covid-19 cases are Americans.

Basing this off numbers disclosed by China?

[Reply]
stumppy 10:08 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Im going to have to disagree. You can be a carrier and not be "sick". Being asymptomatic is the definition of not being sick at least where it comes to a virus I would think.
You would think wrong. It means showing no symptoms.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:10 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You would think wrong. It means showing no symptoms.
If you have been infected with Covid, never experience any symptoms, your body basically fights it off, you were never sick.

By your criteria most people are sick in some way shape or form every day.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:11 AM 04-02-2020
Im going to have to disagree. You can be a carrier and not be "sick". Being asymptomatic is the definition of not being sick at least where it comes to a virus I would think.
ummmm no.

asymptomatic just means they show no symptoms of being sick, not that they dont have it.

thats why they talk about asymptomatic carriers quite often...

i would think everyone would know this at this point.

just google the words
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
8,400+ new cases already in NY today.....
So now there are self-selection/inherent bias factors to consider, are there not?

So I think we can agree that the most vulnerable populations get hit first and hardest, right? So you figure those populations are going to see significant spikes in hospitalization rates.

Now we may be getting into what I would consider a necessary 'buffer' population. People with stronger immune systems who may either 1) fight off instances of exposure a time or two or 2) simply take longer to manifest symptoms that would yield testing.

So one would hope that later waves of infections might be people who are better equipped to handle them. That wave would then hopefully have lower rates of hospitalization.

It's either that or the admission rates remain a significant lagging indicator and what we're seeing right now is just a brief downturn before another surge up. Which would be damn unfortunate. If it's the former, we're getting into 'productive' confirmed cases a little bit.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:13 AM 04-02-2020
If you have been infected with Covid, never experience any symptoms, your body basically fights it off, you were never sick.

By your criteria most people are sick in some way shape or form every day.
but you can still transmit it to others. thats the problem
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:13 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
ummmm no.

asymptomatic just means they show no symptoms of being sick, not that they dont have it.

thats why they talk about asymptomatic carriers quite often...

i would think everyone would know this at this point.

just google the words
I think the quibble here is the difference between being "infected" and being "sick", which are not the same thing.

Either way I'm done with the topic its just semantics and I am not Donger.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 04-02-2020
It's semantics. Technically if you have antibodies to it you were infected.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:15 AM 04-02-2020
I think the quibble here is the difference between being "infected" and being "sick", which are not the same thing.

Either way I'm done with the topic its just semantics and I am not Donger.
well i'm pretty sure this is in reference to BRC saying those poeple arent sick on the boats because they are asymptomatic, which has nothing to do with whether they can get people sick in florida.

an infected person can transmit it. sick/ infected are pretty much interchangeable in this scenario IMO
[Reply]
Mecca 10:16 AM 04-02-2020
but you can still transmit it to others. thats the problem
This reminds me of HPV......a huge portion of the population has it, doesn't know they have it and freely give it to others, but at least you actually have to fuck to spread that.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:17 AM 04-02-2020
China deserves a nuke for their lying.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:19 AM 04-02-2020
well i'm pretty sure this is in reference to BRC saying those poeple arent sick on the boats because they are asymptomatic, which has nothing to do with whether they can get people sick in florida.

an infected person can transmit it. sick/ infected are pretty much interchangeable in this scenario IMO
Yeah, the argument is whether they can go about their daily lives just because they aren't showing symptoms... and the answer is no, because without being tested, you don't know if they're carriers and possibly contagious.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:19 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's not rocket science. Yes, some people are going to wear them incorrectly. People will reuse them. People will touch their faces sometimes. Taking all of that into account. If EVERYONE wore masks out in public and gatherings, it would GREATLY mitigate the spread of this virus. It would be a gigantic preventative measure and maybe, just maybe, we could actually, do shit once this starts to die down.

Even if everyone wore JUST wore a scarf over their faces, it would still HELP.

Anything over a face, a mouth, eyes will HELP. Some help more than others. Some things like N95 masks REALLY help.

It's a staple in asian cultures and and it has been shown to significantly mitigate transmission, even when the average joe wears them.
I agree , I think it will come to that sooner rather than later. I believe availability is the only thing keeping them from recommending it right now, my wife can't even get any for her office right now .
[Reply]
Mecca 10:22 AM 04-02-2020
I see this ended well..

[Reply]
Monticore 10:23 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, the argument is whether they can go about their daily lives just because they aren't showing symptoms... and the answer is no, because without being tested, you don't know if they're carriers and possibly contagious.
They may be contagious even after the symptoms have come and gone as well so even "recovered" could pose a risk.
[Reply]
Page 1021 of 3903
« First < 21521921971101110171018101910201021 102210231024102510311071112115212021 > Last »
Up