ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 02:56 PM 07-22-2019
Another issue you'd have is that while you are showing you'll pay guys, you aren't really paying your own guys.

It's kinda whats been the problem with Jones in regards to the Frank Clark deal.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:58 PM 07-22-2019
Well maybe if they'd have played better as a defense we wouldnt be needing to trade for and sign Frank Clark and sign Mathieu...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 07-22-2019
In today’s NFL, Tyreek is more valuable than Ramsey.

Think about week 1. Oh hey cool you have Ramsey, but we’re going in an empty formation with 5 receivers, so Ramsey now becomes only 20% effective whereas Tyreek has many different points of value. Out wide, in the slot, out of the backfield and on ST’s.

You can change matchup’s to get Tyreek away from #1 corners.
[Reply]
O.city 03:14 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Think about week 1. Oh hey cool you have Ramsey, but we’re going in an empty formation with 5 receivers, so Ramsey now becomes only 20% effective whereas Tyreek has many different points of value. Out wide, in the slot, out of the backfield and on ST’s.

EHHH I dunno about that.

If theoretically you have a CB that can shut down a side of the field like that, that's pretty damn hard to find. It changes the math.

It's a fun discussion though.
[Reply]
Ribbs67 03:21 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
EHHH I dunno about that.

If theoretically you have a CB that can shut down a side of the field like that, that's pretty damn hard to find. It changes the math.

1 lock down corner isn't going to be able to take away half the field with us..and the speed we poses now. With all the different formations we run .. he will have to concentrate more on one man running by him. Lots of slant routs will be open. Kelce is going to have a monster year this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:25 PM 07-22-2019
EHHH I dunno about that.

In the old NFL sure, but this isn’t the old NFL where there’s 2 outside WR’s and a slot receiver.

The spread has come to the NFL and teams are lining up with 4 and 5 receivers more than ever before. You realistically need to have a really good slot corner, at least 1 good safety and 1 good coverage backer to defend in this new league.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:33 PM 07-22-2019
yeah, I remember a lot of OTA/Training camp superstars.
[Reply]
O.city 03:35 PM 07-22-2019
In the old NFL sure, but this isn’t the old NFL where there’s 2 outside WR’s and a slot receiver.

The spread has come to the NFL and teams are lining up with 4 and 5 receivers more than ever before. You realistically need to have a really good slot corner, at least 1 good safety and 1 good coverage backer to defend in this new league.
It also wouldn't hurt to have a CB who can line up and cover everywhere and be an elite guy at doing it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:38 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The only WR that has any real value to extract right now is Tyreek.

To be honest, I’d trade him for Ramsey right now....we’ll, maybe after the opener.

Agreed. And the difference between Reek and the next guy is larger than the difference between Ramsey and the next guy IMO. Especially in Reids offense.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:44 PM 07-22-2019
Tyreek roasted Ramsey.
[Reply]
O.city 03:46 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. And the difference between Reek and the next guy is larger than the difference between Ramsey and the next guy IMO. Especially in Reids offense.
I think I agree.

My think with Tyreek is just the off field stuff and what is he gonna want in a contract.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:55 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re much more likely to get Hill at a “discount” than you are Ramsey.
Yup

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:54 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
AT ALL.

Period.

Dude will be lucky to see the field, let alone make enough of an impact to be worth any sort of trade compensation.
Welp, you better put your trading brain on patna' cuz the only thing Dieter is fetching is one of those Costco shrink wrap, 10 pack of Pringle's potato chips.

And perhaps a hot dog at the food court!
[Reply]
BossChief 07:43 PM 07-22-2019
Highest paid WR = 18/yr
Highest paid CB = 15/yr
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 07:48 PM 07-22-2019
Just depends.

If Hill still wants 20 mil per and they feel uncomfortable doing that now, gotta do something different.

You'd have to pay Ramsey immediately and you don't know him whereas you've got Hill in house etc.

I seriously doubt they'd do it. But if Andy feels like he can get say 80% of Tyreek out of Hardman and they like some of these other young WR's, well....
I’m fascinated by the notion of people assuming Hardman is Reeks replacement. He is a perfect fit for what KC thought they were getting from Reek initially in round 5, when he was just a gadget weapon that could utilize 4.2 speed with end arounds, screens, occasional handoffs, and returns. Reek ended up being a complete surprise in terms of developing into a complete WR where he shocked everyone in terms of being able to become a legitamite WR1.

Hardman is going to be what we saw from Reeks first half of his rookie year. Occasional gadget plays and a return threat. He is not going to develop into a top 3 WR like Reek did and his expectations need to be treated as such.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up