ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
ChiTown 09:51 AM 07-22-2019
Our WR depth top to bottom is great. But, that TE depth chart after Kelce. Deon Yelder, Blake Bell, David Wells......hmmm.

It'd have been nice to add another quality TE via Draft or FA. TK gonna be 30 in October. That makes me nervous.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:03 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
At the beginning of the season with no track record to his name, sure. But let's say that by the time we reach week five or six and this guy is really cooking and we have the ability to use him in a trade scenario, what then? it should also be noted that it will be at around at that time or perhaps even a little later that a better player such as PP would be realistically available to get on the books, especially if the Cardinals season is headed in a southern trajectory.
That's....:-)

By week 6 this guy is gonna be doing so well that he's worth a trade for PP?

Hahahahaha
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:19 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's....:-)

By week 6 this guy is gonna be doing so well that he's worth a trade for PP?

Hahahahaha
Not straight across the board dummy. As a package.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:24 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Not straight across the board dummy. As a package.
AT ALL.

Period.

Dude will be lucky to see the field, let alone make enough of an impact to be worth any sort of trade compensation.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:02 PM 07-22-2019
The only WR that has any real value to extract right now is Tyreek.

To be honest, I’d trade him for Ramsey right now....we’ll, maybe after the opener.
[Reply]
O.city 02:29 PM 07-22-2019
I've kinda thought about that Boss. They stuck by him thru all this and by all accounts love the dude, but if the Jags wanted to make that trade...….I'd prrrrrooooobbbballlyyy say no.

But i'd think about it.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:33 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The only WR that has any real value to extract right now is Tyreek.

To be honest, I’d trade him for Ramsey right now....we’ll, maybe after the opener.
You can’t be serious
[Reply]
staylor26 02:35 PM 07-22-2019
Lol no way I’m doing that.

Tyreek and Pat are just too good of a QB/WR duo.
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 07-22-2019
Just depends.

If Hill still wants 20 mil per and they feel uncomfortable doing that now, gotta do something different.

You'd have to pay Ramsey immediately and you don't know him whereas you've got Hill in house etc.

I seriously doubt they'd do it. But if Andy feels like he can get say 80% of Tyreek out of Hardman and they like some of these other young WR's, well....
[Reply]
BossChief 02:42 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've kinda thought about that Boss. They stuck by him thru all this and by all accounts love the dude, but if the Jags wanted to make that trade...….I'd prrrrrooooobbbballlyyy say no.

But i'd think about it.
The WRs are STACKED on this squad. I genuinely think the offense could absorb the loss of Tyreek without a massive drop in productivity.

But the addition of Ramsey to the defense IMMEDIATELY boosts the D into a top 10 defense, imo. It would also change the way we would gameplan for every offense we face.

It’s the kind of move BB would likely make. He signed/re-signed lots of elite corners (Law, Revis, Gilmore...among others) to extensions and FA deals...and never valued WRs enough to pay them. Banked on Tom making his WRs versus the other way around. I wouldn’t be shocked if Veach followed that mold.

I’m not sure this team can win a title without adding an elite CB. If they do, it will take some lucky bounces from time to time in big games.

Adding a guy like Ramsey would change everything.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:43 PM 07-22-2019
Just depends.

If Hill still wants 20 mil per and they feel uncomfortable doing that now, gotta do something different.

You'd have to pay Ramsey immediately and you don't know him whereas you've got Hill in house etc.

I seriously doubt they'd do it. But if Andy feels like he can get say 80% of Tyreek out of Hardman and they like some of these other young WR's, well....
You’re much more likely to get Hill at a “discount” than you are Ramsey.
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The WRs are STACKED on this squad. I genuinely think the offense could absorb the loss of Tyreek without a massive drop in productivity.

But the addition of Ramsey to the defense IMMEDIATELY boosts the D into a top 10 defense, imo. It would also change the way we would gameplan for every offense we face.

It’s the kind of move BB would likely make. He signed/re-signed lots of elite corners (Law, Revis, Gilmore...among others) to extensions and FA deals...and never valued WRs enough to pay them. Banked on Tom making his WRs versus the other way around. I wouldn’t be shocked if Veach followed that mold.

I’m not sure this team can win a title without adding an elite CB. If they do, it will take some lucky bounces from time to time in big games.

Adding a guy like Ramsey would change everything.
There's some potential for the WR's for sure. I'm not at the "stacked" point yet.

Especially if you take away Tyreek. He's the clear cut just top end guy and the one guy on a legit HOF path. The off field stuff and contract is the issue, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say if BB had that guy, he'd re sign him.

I would understand the trade, but damn it would be hard.
[Reply]
O.city 02:49 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re much more likely to get Hill at a “discount” than you are Ramsey.
I thought that, but with the timing and such i'm not sure.

You probably can't do a deal now, with all the stuff that's happened and the PR hit etc. So you've gotta wait til mid season or after the season. Well, if he blows up and goes for another 1500 and 10 TD's, I doubt there's a discount to be had.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:53 PM 07-22-2019
I thought that, but with the timing and such i'm not sure.

You probably can't do a deal now, with all the stuff that's happened and the PR hit etc. So you've gotta wait til mid season or after the season. Well, if he blows up and goes for another 1500 and 10 TD's, I doubt there's a discount to be had.
Even then I still don’t think Hill’s contract demands with be as unreasonable as Ramsey’s.

We’re talking about a guy that said “they’re going to have to pay me so much, they’ll have to put me on layaway”.
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Even then I still don’t think Hill’s contract demands with be as unreasonable as Ramsey’s.

We’re talking about a guy that said “they’re going to have to pay me so much, they’ll have to put me on layaway”.
For sure.

But again, if Tyreek is going to want 20 mil per that was rumored earlier, eh, i'd imagine they're both gonna be pretty big.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up