ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
Dante84 11:35 AM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Oh yeah because those were all about D-Robs skills. Mahomes would not be capable of doing that with any other WR.
Yes, this is an accurate representation of my thoughts while typing the post you are referencing.

It was not tongue-in-cheek, and was intended to be very literal.

You just get me.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:51 AM 06-05-2019
Jordy Nelson is willing to unretire to play for the Chiefs
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:54 AM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Jordy Nelson is willing to unretire to play for the Chiefs
We unretire this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:13 PM 06-05-2019
Jordy Nelson has DBowe separation at this point.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:42 PM 06-05-2019
I'd bring him in for cheap.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:18 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
D-Rob caught both Mahomes’ No-Look pass and 50th TD pass with a memorable backwards trot.

He should be fitted for a Gold jacket, as far as I’m concerned.
He also caught what could have been one of the biggest passes in Chiefs history if we could win a damn coinflip or make a stop on 3rd & 10.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:07 PM 06-10-2019
https://theathletic.com/1019185/2019...s-true-upside/

Seth just did a review on Pringle the Athletic. I like it!

Originally Posted by :
Pringle is an intriguing player because he’s relatively polished for a young player. He’s not considered an overwhelming athlete, and while he has decent size at 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, he’s not overpowering. When he has had success, it has come from him doing the little things well.

In this college footage of him, Pringle isn’t running a complicated route here, with a single fake going into a post. But he’s able to get a ton of separation by doing the “right” thing every step of the way. First, he accelerates to an apparent full sprint. After his first few steps, he shifts his direction a bit toward the inside, as though setting up for an outside move. He chews up the cushion between himself and the defender and patiently waits until he’s right in the cornerback’s lap before making a move.

Once Pringle gets in the cornerback’s space, he uses his entire body to sell a fake outside but is small enough with the fake that he doesn’t lose much speed. The defender bites hard and ends up turned around, giving Pringle plenty of time to accelerate down the field. He gets so much separation that he has time to lose the ball in the sun, put his hand up to block the glare, adjust to an underthrown pass and still score. The fact that he maintains a cool enough head to do all that is a testament to his relative polish for a young player.

It’s in his route running and nuance where Pringle seems unique. He seems to understand the importance of using his body to sell fakes and make all the correct technical decisions as he attempts to gain separation.
Originally Posted by :
Once again, Pringle does a nice job here chewing up the cushion between him and the defender. He again changes the angle of his route slightly several times while accelerating down the field, forcing the defender to hesitate slightly. He then uses his entire body to sell a fake inside before cutting toward the sideline, leaving the cornerback moving the wrong way and creating a great deal of space.
Originally Posted by :
After Pringle is given a relatively free release at the line, he accelerates to the point of running side by side with the cornerback. The defender smartly uses his left hand to try and slow Pringle down, which is something that will rarely get called. But Pringle counters by dropping his right shoulder and slapping the hand away, all while maintaining his speed. This allows him to shake the defender’s arm and gain a step. He then keeps his concentration intact and collects a great throw.
Originally Posted by :
Pringle is matched up against Kendall Fuller, the best cornerback on the Chiefs’ roster and a player with excellent feet. He swats away Fuller’s hand initially and dips his shoulder to keep from having his route disrupted. He then sells an outside fake with his head and feet and cuts inside too sharply for Fuller to keep up. To top it off, he adjusts to and collects a high throw.

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:10 PM 06-10-2019
Has this POS been inducted into the OTA ring of honor yet?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:31 PM 06-10-2019
Chairman Sippio says the vote is next week. They need Jeff Webb to arrive for a quorum.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:39 PM 06-10-2019
I want some Pringles
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:02 PM 06-10-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I want some Pringles
I likes teh cheezy and an old can from 1978.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:11 PM 06-10-2019
They are saying everyone looks faster than last year. Then they remember the Cheetah isn't there to make them look slow.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:47 PM 06-10-2019
Put Pringles in a Stack and he's dangerous....deeeeerp
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:42 AM 06-14-2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:25 AM 06-14-2019
Good flippin'/trade material. Get those picks or a CB, Veach!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up