ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
Kiimo 02:16 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"Herp it's minicamp he's a turd lol derp"

No, it's actually numbers. At least ONE of these so-called training camp heroes is going to make it on the 53 man roster at WR. And given it's such a tight competition and so many of them play special teams pretty well, we're probably going to see 2. Possibly even 3 for part of the season, depending if Hill is suspended and for how long.

Hill
Watkins
Hardman
Robinson

We'll carry at least 5. I'm thinking it's more likely we carry 6. Here are the leftovers:

Kemp
Deiter
Pringle
Thompson
Custis

Those are 5 training camp heroes. All dudes who look great in shorts and get homers whacking off pretty good during training camp and preseason. There are no gritty hard-nosed veterans they have to beat out, and there are no coach's pets that people want to see get cut. It's a 100% open spot that they'll be competing for.

The minimum bar they need to meet is that of Marcus Kemp on special teams in order for their spot to be an upgrade over last year. The optimistic yet realistic possibility is for one of them to be better than Chris Conley/Demarcus Robinson from last year. Again, shouldn't be hard. A couple hundred yards and maybe one or two TDs. Particularly in beating out Conley-- if any of them can get his production AND not be a fumbling piece of crap, we've already upgraded.

So like it or not, these "turds" are going to get pimped because the odds are that we'll see more than one of them on the 53 man roster this season.

That includes Byron Pringle.

Pringle
Thompson
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Never hurts to keep an open mind. One of these guys might me the next Edelman or Thielen.
Yeah. Mahomes made undrafted players like Albert Wilson and Charcandrick West look good
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:24 PM 06-03-2019
Wilson is legit good. It doesn't make sense to me either.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:43 PM 06-03-2019
Better him than Robinson. Robinson is, so far, one of those guys where it's his year every year, except it never actually is. Give me a new alternative. Same for Deiter. I know, I know. These guys always seem like they're 'connecting' with Mahomes. News flash: Mahomes is really fucking good. He'd make a traffic cone look awesome.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:52 PM 06-03-2019
lol this is going to be Robinson's third year and he had some of the biggest plays last year.

Get rid of Dieter, fine, but Robinson is legit.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:59 PM 06-03-2019
I feel like people had unrealistic expectations of Robinson. He made a lot of really good plays last year - considering he was generally the 3rd option behind Hill, then Watkins/Conley. And sometimes the 4th option behind all 3.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:03 PM 06-03-2019
Or 6th if you add Kelce and Hunt/Williams
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 03:07 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I feel like people had unrealistic expectations of Robinson. He made a lot of really good plays last year - considering he was generally the 3rd option behind Hill, then Watkins/Conley. And sometimes the 4th option behind all 3.
He seems to be the guy Pat ends up with a lot of instances whenever he's rolling out and looking to make a play as well. His strength may actually be how his improv skills correspond so well with Pat's.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:12 PM 06-03-2019
Robinson has a little DeSean Jackson to his game
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:15 PM 06-03-2019
If he's "legit" it should show this year, but what I've seen so far is a guy with natural gifts who has taken a very long time to start to get a handle on routes and reading defenses. Tyreek Hill, as an example, picked those aspects up very quickly in comparison, and that's the main reason he turned so quickly into one of the top receivers in the league, despite being drafted as a running back and (to this day, unfortunately) really only being recognized for his generational speed. Playing receiver at a high level involves a lot more than speed, height and even hands, and that's why, I think, Robinson hasn't seen the field more than he has to this point and why, when he has, it's generally been forced on the team because of injuries to players in front of him. Guys like him are valuable, I'm not saying he's not, but guys like him are also available all over the place.

But hey, maybe this year really will be the year he develops into something more. That would only be good for the team...

Anyway, this thread is about Pringle, and I'm not sure I didn't see more potential from him before he got hurt last year than I'd seen from Robinson all along, but time will tell.

Even if the guy does come from some b-school in Kansas. :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:20 PM 06-03-2019
I mean if your two possible scenarios are the most talented wide receiver in the league and Gherig Dieter then I guess he's more Dieter but I think you're selling a guy incredibly short who was the #4/5/6 option and only played two years, one with Mahomes.

I'd MUCH rather have Robinson than Conley, for instance. This is a weird take.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:21 PM 06-03-2019
Right now across the league, there are approximately 128 WR bubble scrubs who are "pro bowlers" in waiting.

My God, the wealth of talent! :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:00 AM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Only 68 days until preseason game 1 8/10

Only 98 days until the jags 9/8
Is it preseasons time yet? At least a month has gone by RIGHT?!??:-)
[Reply]
Dante84 11:09 AM 06-05-2019
D-Rob caught both Mahomes’ No-Look pass and 50th TD pass with a memorable backwards trot.

He should be fitted for a Gold jacket, as far as I’m concerned.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:12 AM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
D-Rob caught both Mahomes’ No-Look pass and 50th TD pass with a memorable backwards trot.

He should be fitted for a Gold jacket, as far as I’m concerned.
Oh yeah because those were all about D-Robs skills. Mahomes would not be capable of doing that with any other WR.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up