ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 02:40 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Looks slow but ran a 4.46 and I'm thinking he might have Juan Thornhill disease where he looks slow on tape until you realize he's beating people.
So pumped to see Thornhill back there.

2 good safeties and an elite coverage linebacker are going to make such a huge difference in this defense.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:06 PM 06-02-2019
This is already the longest offseason ever. And it's only half over. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Dante84 04:48 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
SMS = Shorts Mean Shit
Agreed. That said, I think the reason there's a bit of momentum around him is because of how he played in pads last preseason, evidenced in the video below.

I don't think anyone is crowning him as the second coming of Christ. I just think there's momentum - from Veach & Reid last year, and now from Bienemy, Toub and our new WR coach - that he could end up as the 5th or 6th wideout and/or ST player. I think some might find it worth discussing, is all.

I don't see anyone jerking off just yet.

[Reply]
JakeF 04:55 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
He’s 6’1”, 212. Exactly the same size at Watkins.

Christ you’re a moron.
Hostile much

Holy fuck, did your uncle touch you in your private spots or something?
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:04 PM 06-02-2019
"Herp it's minicamp he's a turd lol derp"

No, it's actually numbers. At least ONE of these so-called training camp heroes is going to make it on the 53 man roster at WR. And given it's such a tight competition and so many of them play special teams pretty well, we're probably going to see 2. Possibly even 3 for part of the season, depending if Hill is suspended and for how long.

Hill
Watkins
Hardman
Robinson

We'll carry at least 5. I'm thinking it's more likely we carry 6. Here are the leftovers:

Kemp
Deiter
Pringle
Thompson
Custis

Those are 5 training camp heroes. All dudes who look great in shorts and get homers whacking off pretty good during training camp and preseason. There are no gritty hard-nosed veterans they have to beat out, and there are no coach's pets that people want to see get cut. It's a 100% open spot that they'll be competing for.

The minimum bar they need to meet is that of Marcus Kemp on special teams in order for their spot to be an upgrade over last year. The optimistic yet realistic possibility is for one of them to be better than Chris Conley/Demarcus Robinson from last year. Again, shouldn't be hard. A couple hundred yards and maybe one or two TDs. Particularly in beating out Conley-- if any of them can get his production AND not be a fumbling piece of crap, we've already upgraded.

So like it or not, these "turds" are going to get pimped because the odds are that we'll see more than one of them on the 53 man roster this season.

That includes Byron Pringle.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:19 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Agreed. That said, I think the reason there's a bit of momentum around him is because of how he played in pads last preseason, evidenced in the video below.

I don't think anyone is crowning him as the second coming of Christ. I just think there's momentum - from Veach & Reid last year, and now from Bienemy, Toub and our new WR coach - that he could end up as the 5th or 6th wideout and/or ST player. I think some might find it worth discussing, is all.

I don't see anyone jerking off just yet.

I have no problem with a player getting better and contributing. I guess I just don't get very erect over battling it out for the 6th position. In shorts. Before we get to camp. And do it all over again.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:42 PM 06-02-2019
No Conley this year and probably no Hill for at least a good chunk of the season. There will be a lot more chances for other WRs to work in to the get reps.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:48 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
No Conley this year and probably no Hill for at least a good chunk of the season. There will be a lot more chances for other WRs to work in to the get reps.
At least we play NE late in the year.

Defense will be developed by then and Tyreek will be back. That game will probably decide who has homefield.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:22 PM 06-02-2019
I thought we already sent Conley packing. Why even mention his name?
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:54 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Hostile much

Holy ****, did your uncle touch you in your private spots or something?
It’s easily ascertainable whether Pringle is a small WR, dipshit.

He’s not, and go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:46 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I thought we already sent Conley packing. Why even mention his name?
Because it means more other receivers have a chance to get reps - which was the context of my comment.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:52 PM 06-02-2019
Never hurts to keep an open mind. One of these guys might me the next Edelman or Thielen.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:03 AM 06-03-2019
This is already the longest offseason ever. And it's only half over. :-):-):-)
Only 68 days until preseason game 1 8/10

Only 98 days until the jags 9/8
[Reply]
neech 06:05 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Hostile much

Holy ****, did your uncle touch you in your private spots or something?

It was vice versa.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:39 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Only 68 days until preseason game 1 8/10

Only 98 days until the jags 9/8
You coming down for the Jags game?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up