ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 200
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
bricks 11:37 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kawhi was just incredible tonight. The Raptors' defense brought it as usual, but they needed everything he gave them offensively and more. He continues to prove that he's the best player in the league not named LeBron.

Game 5 for the title. Don't let them off the mat.
They're taking this KCC.

Game 5 is ours! Lets finish them off.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:37 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No way Kawhi leaves if they win. He’s already a legend there. He seems to socially awkward to leave and start something new when he’s comfortable where he’s at and things are going well.
He’s as good as gone regardless of what happens. But it looks like he’s about to get his 2nd ring and 2nd finals MVP.

All he cares about now is getting paid and being back in SoCal.
[Reply]
-King- 11:43 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
And Barnes had proven that he could score. They already had him. Green and Iguodala can score when they have to, especially as 4th or 5th options. The Warriors had plenty of scoring.

The third player for the Bulls was Horace Grant, then Toni Kukoc. The third option for the Shaq-Kobe Lakers was either Fisher, Horry, or Rick Fox.

I don't fault the Warriors for getting Durant. I fault Durant for going there. However, it's not like the Warriors needed him. If Thompson and Looney were totally healthy, this series is probably different even without Durant.
What if Kawhi is totally healthy? Since we're playing that game.
[Reply]
bricks 06-07-2019, 11:43 PM
This message has been deleted by bricks.
-King- 11:51 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He’s as good as gone regardless of what happens. But it looks like he’s about to get his 2nd ring and 2nd finals MVP.

All he cares about now is getting paid and being back in SoCal.
Think if they win he signs a 3 year contract and they try to repeat or at least see if they can get 1 more ring in the next 3 years. Then he can go to one of the LA teams to chill and finish the rest of his career.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:57 PM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think KD returns to GS, he is not going to leave like this I don't think unless they win.
Idk.. I think there is serious tension there between him and Green. They got into a heated argument during the season. Pretty sure they were about to fight and they had to be separated. They say they have buried the hatchet but I find that hard to believe. KD seems like a sensitive guy and Green seems like a real jerk who holds grudges.

We'll see.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:59 AM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
What if Kawhi is totally healthy? Since we're playing that game.
He's fine. His leg injury has not limited him any more than the wear and tear all of those guys have right now.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:05 AM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah but he is not KD. I saw you mentioned Horford in regards to someone that GS could have used, but do you realize that Horford's contract is over $26 million\year? KD's first 2 years in GS he was being paid $25 million\year.

Hell Barnes got $23 million\year from the Mavs after he left GS.

I don't know, I think Toronto is a very good all around team and GS doesn't have that third scoring option to help take pressure off Steph\Klay. Plus their bench sucks, has to be the worst in the NBA.
All of these teams play 7 or 8 guys at this point in the playoffs. The Warriors have a top seven of Durant, Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy, Livingston, Looney, and Cousins.

Three of those guys are hurt right now. Everyone's bench is going to look like shit when you have to play in the Finals with your 9th-11th men.

Remember in the 2015 Finals when the second best Cavs player was Dellevadova? When you lose two of your top three players, your team looks shitty really quick.
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:08 AM 06-08-2019
Kawhi is the Truth yall. Better put some respek on his name.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:12 AM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Truth. Arguably the best player in the NBA right now
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:39 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:

35 points and 0 turnovers on the road in the NBA Finals:

Kawhi Leonard.
Michael Jordan.

That’s it.

Just an outrageous road performance.

— Micah Adams (@MicahAdams13) June 8, 2019

Seems so. The Warriors have no answer for him through 4 games. He's on one of the greatest postseason runs individually ever.
[Reply]
bricks 01:44 PM 06-08-2019
You know who the Raptors remind me of? They’re like the Kansas City Royals of the NBA.

I know its a different sport and tough to draw a comparison but like in terms of resiliency both teams are the same. Both had great defenses, Royals were known to be clutch in critical situtions and the Raptors are as well.

Heck, even their chants are the same. Is that a good analogy or comparison? You guys can rip it apart and call me whatever but I see some similarities.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:14 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
You know who the Raptors remind me of? They’re like the Kansas City Royals of the NBA.

I know its a different sport and tough to draw a comparison but like in terms of resiliency both teams are the same. Both had great defenses, Royals were known to be clutch in critical situtions and the Raptors are as well.

Heck, even their chants are the same. Is that a good analogy or comparison? You guys can rip it apart and call me whatever but I see some similarities.
The Royals are much more like the 04 Pistons
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:31 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:

Yeah, I see absolutely no similarities between the two. Royals had nobody the caliber of Kawhi on their team, not even close really. Pistons comparison is better.

Also, the Raptors remind me of the 2014 Spurs more than anything else right now. That team just methodically ended a dynasty with great defense and a roster full of disciplined, high IQ vets. Both also had Kawhi and Green.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:24 PM 06-08-2019
It took star alignment and a ton of luck for the royals to win (and they’ll be down for a while now). The Raptors are simply well-managed and may not have to become a garbage franchise prior to a rebuild.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:50 PM 06-08-2019
Lost in all of the storylines about KD, Curry, Kawhi, etc., I haven’t heard hardly anything in this series about Dwane Casey being fired in the offseason.

This run by the Raptors really took the spotlight away from that.

Just curious how any Raptor fans felt about that firing when it happened vs now?

I would assume most feel that they can’t be angry, since they’re very likely on the cusp of winning the Finals. They probably also admit that this has more to do with turning Derozan into Kawhi and LeBron leaving the East than a coaching change.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 200
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Up