ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 37
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:16 PM 03-30-2015
Here's Nick Jacobs list of wr's he sees as fits

http://bit.ly/1EqF0sE
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:07 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Here's Nick Jacobs list of wr's he sees as fits

http://bit.ly/1EqF0sE
everything indicates KC is very interested in Justin Hardy
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 04-01-2015

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett ran two 40 times of 4.27 and 4.24 at miami's Pro Day this am. Sudden, explosive, under ctrl and caught everything

— Todd McShay (@McShay13) April 1, 2015

[Reply]
BigChiefFan 11:43 AM 04-01-2015
I'm so sick of never having but one WR worth a shit. We could have the Great Wall of China at Center and if you have you're main receiver double teamed with no one on the other side to throw to, what's the point? In a deep WR class, let's get the cream of the crop and select one of the best WRs in collegiate football that translates to eventually becoming a number 1 WR...Jaelen Strong. Then we have our number one and two cemented for years to come and we can move on. Until we get an upper-echelon WR, one-two punch in a passing league, it's all for not. Bite the bullet this year and then we can move on.
[Reply]
KevB 04:28 PM 04-01-2015
As reported earlier, Dorsett blistered in the 40 and improved his already fast time from the Combine. Afterward, Dorsett was nothing short of sensational during position drills. He ran crisp routes, caught everything thrown in his direction and most importantly, practiced to his 40 time. People who've been attending Hurricane pro days for more than a decade told me Dorsett's performance today was the best they've ever witnessed at a Miami pro day.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php...Z51E0QBtoBl.99
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:42 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:

Yes please.
[Reply]
planetdoc 05:53 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
let's get the cream of the crop and select one of the best WRs in collegiate football that translates to eventually becoming a number 1 WR...Jaelen Strong.
I dont think he is a fit for this offense. He doesnt get immediate seperation, he doesnt catch with his hands, and he doesnt run crisp routes.

He is a younger Bowe, and I dont think that is a good fit for this offense.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:50 PM 04-01-2015
It'll be Lockett, he's publicly stated he wants to play for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:58 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It'll be Lockett, he's publicly stated he wants to play for the Chiefs.
I hope so. I like a lot of people have my questions whether he can be a receiver on the outside, but I have no doubt about his skillset. He gets so much seperation and has a good head on his shoulders. Would love for him to be a chief.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 09:11 PM 04-01-2015
This playmaker score thing doesn't look like it provides remotely useful analysis to me. Plus I have no idea how one would use statistics to assess players based on some combination of combine results and historical statistical production. It doesn't account for the circumstances that must come together to result in production. For example, scheme fit at both levels would seem to provide a huge impact.
[Reply]
KevB 09:22 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
This playmaker score thing doesn't look like it provides remotely useful analysis to me. Plus I have no idea how one would use statistics to assess players based on some combination of combine results and historical statistical production. It doesn't account for the circumstances that must come together to result in production. For example, scheme fit at both levels would seem to provide a huge impact.
Scheme and QB
[Reply]
O.city 07:24 AM 04-02-2015
Nelson agholor or Devin smith in the 2nd round, I'm fully locked and loaded for that now.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 08:21 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by planetdoc:
I dont think he is a fit for this offense. He doesnt get immediate seperation, he doesnt catch with his hands, and he doesnt run crisp routes.

He is a younger Bowe, and I dont think that is a good fit for this offense.
I've seen some comparisions to him and DeMaryius Thomas. Would you consider Thomas a fit? :-) We will need a possession receiver, who has the ability for YAC. We need to face facts, that Smith won't be heaving it down the field several times a game to utilize foot races between a smaller, faster guy. At 6'2", 4.4 speed, with sure hands, who has had great production at the collegiate level, I consider it a no-brainer. The Dorsett's and Lockett's of the world, look to be slot guys, we need every down players in the first round. I'm down with also getting a slot receiver, but I don't find taking one in the first round as the best utilization of the pick and I believe we already have the slot receiver in Wilson. Just my two cents.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:59 AM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I've seen some comparisions to him and DeMaryius Thomas. Would you consider Thomas a fit? :-) We will need a possession receiver, who has the ability for YAC. We need to face facts, that Smith won't be heaving it down the field several times a game to utilize foot races between a smaller, faster guy. At 6'2", 4.4 speed, with sure hands, who has had great production at the collegiate level, I consider it a no-brainer. The Dorsett's and Lockett's of the world, look to be slot guys, we need every down players in the first round. I'm down with also getting a slot receiver, but I don't find taking one in the first round as the best utilization of the pick and I believe we already have the slot receiver in Wilson. Just my two cents.
Dorsett can play on the outside and isn't quite the one-dimensional deep threat people think he is. He would be a fantastic pick in the 2nd. As for Strong, I agree with you on that. The same people that would've loved to keep Bowe at a good price across from Maclin don't think we can use a guy like Strong. Makes no sense.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 04-02-2015
You need an x wr to run all the under routes and goes, etc.

Agholor or Devin smith
[Reply]
Page 28 of 37
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up