ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 37
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:16 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mcbride is going in round 3 at worst. No way a guy that big and fast with elite hops and high point ability lasts that long.
I could even see him in the late 2nd round
If we take one in the 3rd or later, Dez Lewis or Tony Lippett could be the picks.

I also wouldn't put it past Dorsey to take Darren Waller in the 4th or take a flier on the injured DeAndre Smelter.

Hardy could be there in the 3rd as well due to his lack of elite athleticism.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:27 PM 03-19-2015
Say parker slips to the mid teens.. Would you throw in a 4th or so to land him?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:28 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I would. I like Parker a bunch.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 08:46 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
No.

While he's got the height, his get off from the line isn't elite and I think you get a better all-around player in Tre McBride with a third round pick. The one thing that Parker does better than anyone in the draft is highpoint the ball, but his initial speed from the snap isn't really impressive. However, I think that McBride is very close to Parker in terms of his catch radius and he's better off the line and on his breaks.

If La'el Collins isn't there, I'm inclined to take a freak in the first versus just a "good player at a position of need."
[Reply]
kccrow 08:48 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
No.

While he's got the height, his get off from the line isn't elite and I think you get a better all-around player in Tre McBride with a third round pick. The one thing that Parker does better than anyone in the draft is highpoint the ball, but his initial speed from the snap isn't really impressive. However, I think that McBride is very close to Parker in terms of his catch radius and he's better off the line and on his breaks.

If La'el Collins isn't there, I'm inclined to take a freak in the first versus just a "good player at a position of need."
Collins is just a "good player at a position of need." What freaks you talking about that would still be there?
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:38 PM 03-19-2015
No.

I haven't watched a whole lot of McBride. I'll have to check him out. Parker just kind of reminds me of a poor mans aj green. Tall, slender build, and such a good red zone target. I do prefer cooper over him though. That guy is so fluid in everything he does.

I've seen a few mocks where they had both available at the saints pick. And I think that's going to be the one you'd have to trade up for to jump the Dolphins.
[Reply]
OldSchool 09:43 PM 03-19-2015
No.

Check out Cosell's eval of Parker:

Originally Posted by :
Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell envisions Louisville WR DeVante Parker as a "complementary" Michael Crabtree-type receiver in the pros, as opposed to a true No. 1 wideout.
Cosell believes Parker is "not really vertically explosive" and more of a "short-to-intermediate receiver" who presumably may need offensive scheme to threaten downfield. "DeVante Parker to me is probably a second-tier wide receiver in the NFL, not a lead dog," said Cosell. Parker ran forty times of 4.45 and 4.50 at the Combine. He measured in at 6-foot-3 and 209 pounds.

[Reply]
Jakemall 10:04 PM 03-19-2015
I'd let the draft dictate. Parker would be a good pick up but so would La'El Collins.

I could see something like one of the two situations happening:

1. Parker
2. Paul Dawson or Quinten Rollins (as a safety)
3. Donovan Smith

or

1. La'El Collins
2. Rollins
3. Devin Funchess (as a WR)

I'm more inclined to go with the later because at WR we're talking about the 4th or 5th option now.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:07 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by Jakemall:
I'd let the draft dictate. Parker would be a good pick up but so would La'El Collins.

I could see something like one of the two situations happening:

1. Parker
2. Paul Dawson or Quinten Rollins (as a safety)
3. Donovan Smith

or

1. La'El Collins
2. Rollins
3. Devin Funchess (as a WR)

I'm more inclined to go with the later because at WR we're talking about the 4th or 5th option now.
I'd puke if we drafted Funchess. He's gonna bust harder than Jon Baldwin.

Give me McBride, Dez lewis, DeAndre Smelter, Greene, Hardy, anyone over Funchess, lol.
[Reply]
Jakemall 10:13 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I'd puke if we drafted Funchess. He's gonna bust harder than Jon Baldwin.

Give me McBride, Dez lewis, DeAndre Smelter, Greene, Hardy, anyone over Funchess, lol.
He's a 3rd rounder...he couldn't bust harder if he walked out the day after he signed. I don't have any particular fondness for him. I was just thinking large target for the redzone.

I have been thinking DGB might go early 3rd. Maybe with a move that is the pick?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 03-25-2015

Former #UCF WR Breshad Perriman just ran a 4.26 forty at his pro day, according to his agent, @RosenhausSports. Blazing.

— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) March 25, 2015

[Reply]
OldSchool 12:30 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:

Yup, just saw that. No way that he's a legit 4.2 guy. He looks like a 4.4 dude on tape, 4.2 players don't get caught from behind in the open field, ever.
[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 03-25-2015
He's 6 "2 213. if he runs under a 4.4 that's great
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:39 PM 03-25-2015
Whaaaaaat.

If he's a 4.3 guy, prepare to see Chiefs interest...
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:44 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Whaaaaaat.

If he's a 4.3 guy, prepare to see Chiefs interest...
Dwayne Bowe v2.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 37
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up