ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 37
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:20 PM 02-21-2015
I watched about ten minutes of the combine today, and caught Kevin White running the 40.

Holy cow.

That dude is big and built and smoking fast, and he was so smooth. The other receivers were all running hard, but he was just floating down the track. Dang, that guy is an impressive physical specimen.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:02 PM 02-21-2015
I still wouldn't touch DGB with a ten foot pole. There are so many good receivers in this draft that are far more polished that I'd take first. Plus, they're much "cleaner".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I watched about ten minutes of the combine today, and caught Kevin White running the 40.

Holy cow.

That dude is big and built and smoking fast, and he was so smooth. The other receivers were all running hard, but he was just floating down the track. Dang, that guy is an impressive physical specimen.
He's the Man. I know that everyone is mocking Amari Cooper to the Raiders, and don't get me wrong, he looks great, but something tells me White is going to be even better.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:27 PM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's the Man. I know that everyone is mocking Amari Cooper to the Raiders, and don't get me wrong, he looks great, but something tells me White is going to be even better.
Could it be because White is superior at everything except route running, which he can improve on with better coaching? That's why Mayock has White as his #1 over Cooper, higher ceiling and the fact that he can physically dominate an opponent, something that Cooper's size doesn't allow him to do.
[Reply]
Jakemall 01:31 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
sorry for being a little off. Thats still a very nice time, and i still think hes gone in the first. On the field DGB is much closer to Calvin in terms of athletic ability than he is to Mike Evans... Though you say that like its an insult. Mike Evans is a beast in his own right.

But some general observations, i'm very suprised at kevin white thats a blistering time for him, he doesnt look nearly that fast on the field. i think he may have given cooper some serious comp for the first wr gone.

also that kid from GA is a specimen.

Mayles 40 was dissapointing. i wonder if itll cause him to slide, he could be a steal in the 4th or so rounds.
I wasn't saying that like an insult at all. I said it was an optimistic comparison...I still don't think he goes before the 2nd. Also he had 13 reps? So he's not THAT strong.

White was surprising. He just made himself some money. Dude is fast and Strong.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:38 AM 02-22-2015
Kenny Bell is my #1 target at WR now. He is exactly what we need. Here's his numbers compared to the other WR's

6'1" 197 lbs
4.42 (T 7th)
3rd best vertical jump at 41.5
4th best broad jump
3rd best 3 cone drill

This kid gets open fast and blows the top of off defenses. He also fights for and wins jump balls.
He is reliable and looks very fast on tape.

Sign me up. I'd take him rd 2 and not look back.
[Reply]
Jakemall 01:50 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kenny Bell is my #1 target at WR now. He is exactly what we need. Here's his numbers compared to the other WR's

6'1" 197 lbs
4.42 (T 7th)
4th best broad jump
3rd best 3 cone drill

This kid gets open fast and blows the top of off defenses. He also fights for and wins jump balls.

Certainly a speed demon...but he's ranked out now as a 6th round pick? I think you just might be able to get him a little later than the 2nd. Even with a good combine result.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:07 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:

6'1" 197 lbs
4.42 (T 7th)
4th best broad jump
3rd best 3 cone drill

I think Kenny Bell could be a good WR but not for this team and no way he should be a 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:26 AM 02-22-2015
If Jeremy Maclin is a model WR for Reid's offense, Kenny Bell, Stefon Diggs, and Tre McBride look like good fits. All three should be available for the Chiefs day 3 picks.
[Reply]
KCChiefsfan1234 12:10 PM 02-22-2015
Nick Jacobs twitted that the Chiefs are all over East Carolina's WR Justin Hardy. What are your thoughts on him? Do you think this means that the Chiefs won't target a WR in the first round?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:12 PM 02-22-2015
Kenny Bell is a different player than a guy like Maclin. Bell is better suited for a vertical passing game.
[Reply]
OldSchool 01:22 PM 02-22-2015
Give me Nelson Agholor in the 2nd.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:00 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan1234:
Nick Jacobs twitted that the Chiefs are all over East Carolina's WR Justin Hardy. What are your thoughts on him? Do you think this means that the Chiefs won't target a WR in the first round?
It could mean they are targeting more than one WR and plan to gut their shit ass WR corp and start over.

I think he's a guy you really want in a WCO.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 04:34 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It could mean they are targeting more than one WR and plan to gut their shit ass WR corp and start over.

I think he's a guy you really want in a WCO.
Thank god they didn't do it last year when it was the best WR class ever and we had the 10 lbs. of kick ass that they just released.

They get an F- for the whole "not addressing the OL and WR position" last season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:57 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Thank god they didn't do it last year when it was the best WR class ever and we had the 10 lbs. of kick ass that they just released.

They get an F- for the whole "not addressing the OL and WR position" last season.
They sure do. I think Dee Ford will end up being a decent starter, but holy fuck were they nuts for not taking a WR or some pass-blockers for a pass happy offense.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 37
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up