ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 332
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Swanman 08:20 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Keep in mind he got offered a WWE deal and basically said he wouldn't do it because of their insane schedule..I'm not sure head drops are better to be honest.
The WWE schedule just wears down the body gradually because guys are taking bumps 5-6 times per week and you add travel to that. The Indy/Japan guys work like 5 times a month max. They do take some unnecessary risks at times, for sure, but overall they are going to be in better health than guys on a WWE schedule.
[Reply]
loochy 08:20 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Taker not done yet.. Taker vs Rusev in a casket match at Greatest Royal Rumble
Why?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:25 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Why?
Posted via Mobile Device
Good F'n question. I don't understand the whole event. Card looks nice but they are completely disrespecting every woman on the roster by doing this.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:28 AM 04-11-2018
I was ok with it at first, I figured they would have women competitors as well..maybe try to help change the culture there, but that's not the case it seems. I also don't get why the male competitors would want anything to do with it. The women work their ass off as much as the men and to me this whole event is a slap in their face.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:20 AM 04-11-2018
I was ok with it at first, I figured they would have women competitors as well..maybe try to help change the culture there, but that's not the case it seems. I also don't get why the male competitors would want anything to do with it. The women work their ass off as much as the men and to me this whole event is a slap in their face.
Money....lots and lots of money. You are thinking that the WWE can change a culture that has existed for generations?

All this is for the WWE us an opportunity to gain exposure in a new territory.

I get what you are trying to say....but you don't walk into a country like that and say...."if you want a WWE event you have to live by my rules". That being naive....
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:24 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
Anyone watch the André the Giant documentary on HBO last night?
Don't have HBO. How was it?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:36 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Money....lots and lots of money. You are thinking that the WWE can change a culture that has existed for generations?

I get what you are trying to say....but you don't walk into a country like that and say...."if you want a WWE event you have to live by my rules". That being naive....
Could just not engage with a country like that, but money outweighs morality. It would be nice if they'd drop all their insincere philanthropist bullshit when they're selling their souls for blood money.

[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 04-11-2018
That comment tells you why they do what they do, I however do agree with her.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 01:11 PM 04-11-2018

That is not at all what I said. Re-read then re-comprehend
[Reply]
dj56dt58 01:15 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Could just not engage with a country like that, but money outweighs morality. It would be nice if they'd drop all their insincere philanthropist bullshit when they're selling their souls for blood money.

How much money do they need? I think they are doing very well. Are they going to turn the mat into a screen next? It's rather hypocritical to throw out a pg product for sponsors, "revolutionize" the womens division including a first ever womens RR, hiac, ect, then perform in a country where they can't even travel to, a country that fully controls women and executes people for being gay.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:17 PM 04-11-2018
He had the right answer, but left turned on the answer.

Money. That and the fact they are contractually obligated to compete, or they risk being fired.

With how much WWE is putting into this oil rumble and oil mania, the Saudi's must be paying a shit ton. Stock holders care about that.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:37 PM 04-11-2018
That is not at all what I said. Re-read then re-comprehend
I can read it 20 times and still give you the same answer. You are assuming that the WWE shouldn't go there based on a moral compass...money always wins over a moral compass.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:38 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He had the right answer, but left turned on the answer.

Money. That and the fact they are contractually obligated to compete, or they risk being fired.

With how much WWE is putting into this oil rumble and oil mania, the Saudi's must be paying a shit ton. Stock holders care about that.
A left turn? In what way?
[Reply]
dj56dt58 07:06 PM 04-11-2018
I can read it 20 times and still give you the same answer. You are assuming that the WWE shouldn't go there based on a moral compass...money always wins over a moral compass.
I certainly didnt say wwe should say change your ways or we wont come, nor did I say going there would change their ways. I simply said if they would at least have females compete it could certainly be a start. They did this somewhere else it seems and they did have female competition..

It just doesn't make much since to do this for money. Viewers would equal more money so why dish out a pg product if morals aren't in question? I could give 2 shits less about morals just be consistent. Don't preach week after week about how the women are equal to the men and give them the same types of matches, let them main event, ect then go to a place where women have no rights.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:38 AM 04-12-2018

Originally Posted by Superturtle:

kind of like the nfl has games in mexico, and wants games in china? :-)
[Reply]
Page 179 of 332
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Up