ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 1124
« First < 14546061626364 65666768741141645641064 > Last »
The Lounge>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:18 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you guys put corn meal on your stone? If so, I presume just before putting the pizza on top of it?
I do.

I also add cornmeal to the crust from time to time.

Originally Posted by :
I presume that you don't use bagged mozzarella, but the block grated. I'm going to get some good pepperoni and slice it myself. Or, maybe some Hormel in a bag...

I'm giving this a whirl tonight!
I never heard of blocks, let alone seen them, but I have seen the balls.

If you buy the fresh balls, a lot of water oozes out all over the pizza. You have to sop that stuff up while it's cooking. I hate the shredded mozzarella though. It melts weird for me. I've used the fresh balls and sliced them up though, but recently tried flat slices that I break up and like that best. No water oozing out and still tasty in larger slices.

I also top with fresh basil that I chiffonade (which is easy and fun to do) but only add the last few minutes.

Don't "whirl" around while you toss the dough up in the air. Unless you know how to juggle lest your dough drop and stick to the floor.
[Reply]
Donger 11:18 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
And good homemade pizza can be as good as or better than a pizzeria pizza, only costs about 3 times more :-)
There's a great pizzeria where I live, but it's ~$45.00 for two pies. Hence, the experiment.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:24 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
Thanks! I'm the primary cook in my house and I have a full menu to choose from, but for some stupid reason, I'm really excited about this.



Oh, and I'm going to Whole Foods to get the dough. God help me.
Do you know where it's located. It's in a refrigerated section next to their own pizza station where you order a freshly cooked slice. It's not expensive either.
It can be springy so you need to work it a tad.

I can't believe you're the primary cook in your house being married to an Italian.
[Reply]
Donger 11:30 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Do you know where it's located. It's in a refrigerated section next to their own pizza station where you order a freshly cooked slice. It's not expensive either.
It can be springy so you need to work it a tad.

I can't believe you're the primary cook in your house being married to an Italian.
No, I didn't and wasn't looking forward to searching for it. I've never been to that store.

One last question (heh, right): do you guys use a roller on the dough or just hands-on? I don't see how to get the edges/crust right if rolled.

And, yes, somewhat ironic that I'm a better cook. She CAN do it but she doesn't enjoy it at all. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:41 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, I didn't and wasn't looking forward to searching for it. I've never been to that store.
They have many refrigerator sections. I had to ask and was easily directed. So you can always do that. But then you're a man, and probably have a thing about asking for directions. :-)

So just put that manly ego aside and life will be not only easier but more efficient.

Originally Posted by :
One last question (heh, right): do you guys use a roller on the dough or just hands-on? I don't see how to get the edges/crust right if rolled.
I roll it near the end. But I like it thin and I don't care for rolled up or puffy edges.

Originally Posted by :
And, yes, somewhat ironic that I'm a better cook. She CAN do it but she doesn't enjoy it at all. :-)
Just WOW! Sure she's not a half-breed? Or you for that matter? Like any Roman genes in your pool from long ago due to mixed relations? :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:46 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
They have many refrigerator sections. I had to ask and was easily directed. So you can always do that. But then you're a man, and probably have a thing about asking for directions. :-)

So just put that manly ego aside and life will be not only easier but more efficient.


I roll it near the end. But I like it thin and I don't care for rolled up or puffy edges.


Just WOW! Sure she's not a half-breed? Or you for that matter? Like any Roman genes in your pool from long ago due to mixed relations?:-)
Coincidentally I'm the one in the relationship that asks directions in stores. I hate shopping with a firey fucking passion. Anything to limit my exposure to the stupid that exists in public places like stores. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:46 AM 12-28-2015
One of my favorite homemade pizzas, which would probably gross out most of you Mid-West meat n' potato eatahs, is one topped with sweet Vidalia onion and some spinach pre-sauteed lightly in garlic and olive oil.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:48 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Coincidentally I'm the one in the relationship that asks directions in stores. I hate shopping with a firey ****ing passion. Anything to limit my exposure to the stupid that exists in public places like stores. :-)
Heh! Heh! Plus it's a marketing trick to change up the aisles every so often to make you walk the store more so you wind up picking up additional items that tempt you while you look for what you need. Geez! Even I fall for that one from time-to-time. Heh! Heh!

My industry is diabolical! Heh!Heh!
[Reply]
Donger 11:48 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
They have many refrigerator sections. I had to ask and was easily directed. So you can always do that. But then you're a man, and probably have a thing about asking for directions. :-)

So just put that manly ego aside and life will be not only easier but more efficient.
I CAN FIND IT!!!

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Just WOW! Sure she's not a half-breed? Or you for that matter? Like any Roman genes in your pool from long ago due to mixed relations? :-)
Yes, she's not full Italian blood. Her father is. Her mother is a mutt.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:51 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
I CAN FIND IT!!!
Said after perusing about five aisles twice.



Originally Posted by :
Yes, she's not full Italian blood. Her father is. Her mother is a mutt.
Ahhhhh!
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:51 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
And I need a new stone... Like a dork, I didn't read the instructions that you shouldn't use soap, not that I really needed to read them. Complete brain fart. Just wanted to give it a quick clean after opening it and saw the soap just disappear into the stone. Oh well.
did you squirt soap directly on it?

a lot of people have success with removing stains or soap residue by putting a layer of crescent roll dough on it then baking. the dough draws it out.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:53 AM 12-28-2015
he's talking shredded mozzarella. Use blocks, not bagged. Bagged cheese has corn starch added to keep it from sticking and that affects how it melts.

I actually don't like fresh mozz on pizza unless it's a margherita style.

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I do.

I also add cornmeal to the crust from time to time.


I never heard of blocks, let alone seen them, but I have seen the balls.

If you buy the fresh balls, a lot of water oozes out all over the pizza. You have to sop that stuff up while it's cooking. I hate the shredded mozzarella though. It melts weird for me. I've used the fresh balls and sliced them up though, but recently tried flat slices that I break up and like that best. No water oozing out and still tasty in larger slices.

I also top with fresh basil that I chiffonade (which is easy and fun to do) but only add the last few minutes.

Don't "whirl" around while you toss the dough up in the air. Unless you know how to juggle lest your dough drop and stick to the floor.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:56 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
And good homemade pizza can be as good as or better than a pizzeria pizza, only costs about 3 times more :-)
Too many of them use pizza cheese tho'! Disgusting.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:59 AM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
he's talking shredded mozzarella. Use blocks, not bagged. Bagged cheese has corn starch added to keep it from sticking and that affects how it melts.

I actually don't like fresh mozz on pizza unless it's a margherita style.
What is a block?

Margherita Pizza is my preferred pizza.

I get sheets of mozzarella that melts great and it doesn't have corn starch in it. Perhaps, that's in the shredded and that melts like crap.
[Reply]
Donger 12:02 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
did you squirt soap directly on it?

a lot of people have success with removing stains or soap residue by putting a layer of crescent roll dough on it then baking. the dough draws it out.
Yep. I'll just buy a new one. I have to get a peel anyway.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 1124
« First < 14546061626364 65666768741141645641064 > Last »
Up