ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 53
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Australia Deploys Martial Law
seamonster 03:31 PM 08-18-2021
Australia Deploys Military on Its Own People Over Nine Deaths.

Citizens Are Mandated to Stay Within 5KM of Their House.

If you're Seen outside you Better be Running or Doing Pushups. No Outdoor Recreation.

Military Deploys Checkpoints on AU Citizens.

Originally Posted by :
Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.

Australian Defence Force soldiers will undergo training on the weekend before beginning unarmed patrols on Monday.

But many have questioned whether the military intervention is necessary, calling it heavy-handed.

The lockdown - in place until at least 28 August - bars people from leaving their home except for essential exercise, shopping, caregiving and other reasons.

Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday.

Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.

State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".

Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Sydney extends lockdown as other cities reopen
Melbourne towers lockdown 'breached human rights'
The outbreak has largely affected critical workers and large family groups in the city's poorer and ethnically diverse west and south-west suburbs. About two million people live there.

Critics say those areas have already faced "targeted" policing measures. They point out restrictions there are harsher than for the rest of Sydney.

"Our people are one of the poorest demographics, and as it is, they already feel picked on and marginalised," said Steve Christou, one local mayor.

"They can't afford to pay the mortgage, the rent, the food or work. Now to throw out the army to enforce lockdown on the streets is going to be a huge issue to these people," he told SBS.

Others have called for the government to increase its vaccine drive and support services for the affected communities.

Australia's rate of vaccination - 17% of the adult population - remains one of the lowest among OECD nations.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:09 AM 08-22-2021
Being Pro China always means bad things for the dogs..ask Fau Xi.

Australia is absolutely consumed by deranged COVID insanity. Now they're shooting and killing rescued dogs to prevent shelter volunteers from leaving their homes to go pick them up and care for them. Many Australians seem grateful to be locked down.https://t.co/uuImfgznXq

— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) August 22, 2021

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:23 AM 08-22-2021
If many Australians seem grateful to be locked down, it must be those who descended from those were were sent there when it was a penal colony.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 12:00 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
This argument is just done and dusted elsewhere. There are a ton of things you can and cannot do in free countries in a non-pandemic situation.

Tyranny is what is about to happen, tragically, in Afghanistan. There's a big difference between the two.

Just FYI, I live in a lockdown area: I got up this morning, fantastic sunny late-winter day (about 70 F), walked down to the local market to pick up a small amount of groceries. Walked to the local cafe, got my coffee, walked back home where I jumped on the net. Later on I'm going to my sisters place (which I am allowed to do under the rules) to watch my team play footy (who will make what you call the playoffs with a win).

The only inconvenience I had is I have to wear a mask inside the supermarket and also inside the cafe. I think its analogous to state I also wear a hat while outside because of sun-exposure, which for me is basically the same as wearing a mask. I also had to check in on my phone at each venue. These are very minor inconveniences which are not in any way equal to being in a "tyranny", and only someone with no idea of actual tyranny would state that.
What happens WHEN they take more? You are rationalizing dude. This is a test to see what they can get away with and will push until resistance is met
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:08 PM 08-22-2021
This argument is just done and dusted elsewhere. There are a ton of things you can and cannot do in free countries in a non-pandemic situation.

Tyranny is what is about to happen, tragically, in Afghanistan. There's a big difference between the two.

Just FYI, I live in a lockdown area: I got up this morning, fantastic sunny late-winter day (about 70 F), walked down to the local market to pick up a small amount of groceries. Walked to the local cafe, got my coffee, walked back home where I jumped on the net. Later on I'm going to my sisters place (which I am allowed to do under the rules) to watch my team play footy (who will make what you call the playoffs with a win).

The only inconvenience I had is I have to wear a mask inside the supermarket and also inside the cafe. I think its analogous to state I also wear a hat while outside because of sun-exposure, which for me is basically the same as wearing a mask. I also had to check in on my phone at each venue. These are very minor inconveniences which are not in any way equal to being in a "tyranny", and only someone with no idea of actual tyranny would state that.

:-)
[Reply]
notorious 01:17 PM 08-22-2021
Too far gone.
[Reply]
seamonster 01:23 PM 08-22-2021

[Reply]
Stro39 01:41 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

:-)
Meh, both sides have the memes. https://twitter.com/OpossumNicholas/...915877888?s=19
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:49 PM 08-22-2021
Son of a Gun! Australia has their very own Paul Revere.

A man has ridden his horse through today’s protest at the Queensland-New South Wales border, encouraging crowds to cross through checkpoints. “Cross over! They cannot arrest all of us!” https://t.co/vCkgfVcizZ #COVID19 #7NEWS pic.twitter.com/tyHcBpuVBM

— 7NEWS Brisbane (@7NewsBrisbane) August 22, 2021

[Reply]
seamonster 01:50 PM 08-22-2021
Meh, both sides have the memes. https://twitter.com/OpossumNicholas/...915877888?s=19

Honest question. Do you think all the heavy handed government lockdowns are OK if they stop the spread of covid (no prostesting, stay at home mandates, military)?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:56 PM 08-22-2021
Libs absent in this thread. Disgusting filth. Can't confront their own evil.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:58 PM 08-22-2021
The government just shot a bunch of dogs to keep a few people from crossing an imaginary line . . .

Also, it's ironic that you used the word 'inconvenience.' Your country has been shut down. Ditto the economy. All because of a dozen cases of C-19.

At what point do you think (using that word loosely) you'll be more than just 'inconvenienced'? is there a line in the sand? Or are you just going to keep sucking that cock? Just curious.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:12 PM 08-22-2021
Cosmo and Oakland are out of this topic.
[Reply]
Bump 05:25 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Cosmo and Oakland are out of this topic.
CNN or Nytimes hasn't told them how to think yet on this subject
[Reply]
Stro39 11:15 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The government just shot a bunch of dogs to keep a few people from crossing an imaginary line . . .

Also, it's ironic that you used the word 'inconvenience.' Your country has been shut down. Ditto the economy. All because of a dozen cases of C-19.

At what point do you think (using that word loosely) you'll be more than just 'inconvenienced'? is there a line in the sand? Or are you just going to keep sucking that cock? Just curious.
This was some local council official that shot those dogs, not sure that really applies as "government". Just some villain who will probably lose his job over it.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:24 PM 08-22-2021

[Reply]
Page 13 of 53
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up