ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 54
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Australia Deploys Martial Law
seamonster 03:31 PM 08-18-2021
Australia Deploys Military on Its Own People Over Nine Deaths.

Citizens Are Mandated to Stay Within 5KM of Their House.

If you're Seen outside you Better be Running or Doing Pushups. No Outdoor Recreation.

Military Deploys Checkpoints on AU Citizens.

Originally Posted by :
Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.

A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.

Australian Defence Force soldiers will undergo training on the weekend before beginning unarmed patrols on Monday.

But many have questioned whether the military intervention is necessary, calling it heavy-handed.

The lockdown - in place until at least 28 August - bars people from leaving their home except for essential exercise, shopping, caregiving and other reasons.

Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday.

Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.

State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".

Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Sydney extends lockdown as other cities reopen
Melbourne towers lockdown 'breached human rights'
The outbreak has largely affected critical workers and large family groups in the city's poorer and ethnically diverse west and south-west suburbs. About two million people live there.

Critics say those areas have already faced "targeted" policing measures. They point out restrictions there are harsher than for the rest of Sydney.

"Our people are one of the poorest demographics, and as it is, they already feel picked on and marginalised," said Steve Christou, one local mayor.

"They can't afford to pay the mortgage, the rent, the food or work. Now to throw out the army to enforce lockdown on the streets is going to be a huge issue to these people," he told SBS.

Others have called for the government to increase its vaccine drive and support services for the affected communities.

Australia's rate of vaccination - 17% of the adult population - remains one of the lowest among OECD nations.

[Reply]
Stro39 10:33 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
If you're not free to come and go as you please that IS tyranny.
This argument is just done and dusted elsewhere. There are a ton of things you can and cannot do in free countries in a non-pandemic situation.

Tyranny is what is about to happen, tragically, in Afghanistan. There's a big difference between the two.

Just FYI, I live in a lockdown area: I got up this morning, fantastic sunny late-winter day (about 70 F), walked down to the local market to pick up a small amount of groceries. Walked to the local cafe, got my coffee, walked back home where I jumped on the net. Later on I'm going to my sisters place (which I am allowed to do under the rules) to watch my team play footy (who will make what you call the playoffs with a win).

The only inconvenience I had is I have to wear a mask inside the supermarket and also inside the cafe. I think its analogous to state I also wear a hat while outside because of sun-exposure, which for me is basically the same as wearing a mask. I also had to check in on my phone at each venue. These are very minor inconveniences which are not in any way equal to being in a "tyranny", and only someone with no idea of actual tyranny would state that.
[Reply]
Stro39 10:33 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You could similarly eliminate all car accident deaths if you banned driving… would that be worth it?

You have effectively turned your country into North Korea, and ironically the lengthy draconian lockdowns are not stopping the virus spread.
North Korea!!!!??? :-):-)
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:40 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Stro39:
North Korea!!!!??? :-):-)
Can you freely leave your home?

Can you freely leave the country?

Can you leave your home without a mask?
[Reply]
Stro39 10:52 PM 08-21-2021
Can you freely leave your home?

Can you freely leave the country?

Can you leave your home without a mask?
Yes, I can freely leave my home. :-)

Can you leave your country freely?

I don't want leave my home without a mask, why would I? I'm fully vaxxed but I don't want to catch the virus and spread it to someone who isn't.

We're in a global pandemic. Its a crisis on a global scale. Could a US citizen freely leave their country during, say, World War Two for example? No? Because that's completely analogous to the situation we are currently in.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:54 PM 08-21-2021

I don't want leave my home without a mask, why would I? I'm fully vaxxed but I don't want to catch the virus and spread it to someone who isn't.

We're in a global pandemic. Its a crisis on a global scale. Could a US citizen freely leave their country during, say, World War Two for example? No? Because that's completely analogous to the situation we are currently in.
How many years down the road will it take for you to move away from the it's a worldwide pandemic lockdowns/mandated masks and vaccines/boosters?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:56 PM 08-21-2021
How many years down the road will it take for you to move away from the it's a worldwide pandemic lockdowns/mandated masks and vaccines/boosters?
Maybe the real pandemic are the friends we made along the way
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:58 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Maybe the real pandemic are the friends we made along the way
Giving the government uncontrolled/unchecked power has never gone wrong throughout history.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:01 PM 08-21-2021
Giving the government uncontrolled/unchecked power has never gone wrong throughout history.
Yeah well you didn't have rights during event that killed 2% of the population which wasn't a viral contagion WW2 did you?
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:03 PM 08-21-2021

:-) You look absolutely pathetic rationalizing the restrictions on your freedoms.

Yes we are allowed to leave/return to the US freely… unlike locked down Australia.

Also explain why places in Australia that have been locked down and masked up for months are now experiencing record surges in cases.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:04 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yeah well you didn't have rights during event that killed 2% of the population which wasn't a viral contagion WW2 did you?
You really should hand your rights over to the government to safe keep and protect, after the coast is clear so to speak they will hand them back with a big ole curmudgeous smile.
[Reply]
Stro39 11:06 PM 08-21-2021
The goal here is to get 80% of the population vaxxed. This situation is very political over here; there's been a pretty bad mishandling of this at a federal level. Also, the state which has driven the current rise in infections here has also been badly mishandled by the state government at a public health level. That state's government (NSW) avoided going "hard and early" now we're looking at thousands of infections per day in this state.

The lockdowns are aimed not only at preventing sickness and death but also at protecting our health system.

TBH, I think the horse has already bolted, unfortunately I can see lockdowns in Sydney and NSW continuing probably until February. Melbourne and that state, Victoria, I can see being out of lockdown within a month.
[Reply]
Stro39 11:08 PM 08-21-2021
:-) You look absolutely pathetic rationalizing the restrictions on your freedoms.

Yes we are allowed to leave/return to the US freely… unlike locked down Australia.

Also explain why places in Australia that have been locked down and masked up for months are now experiencing record surges in cases.
Bruh, you have ~ 650k reported deaths in the USA, we have less than a thousand. I think its you are the one who is doing the rationalizing here.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:10 PM 08-21-2021
Bruh, you have ~ 650k reported deaths in the USA, we have less than a thousand. I think its you are the one who is doing the rationalizing here.
Sure when you count automobile crashes as covid deaths as well as putting covid patients in nursing homes these things do appear to contribute.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:10 PM 08-21-2021
The goal here is to get 80% of the population vaxxed.
There are locations such as San Francisco County that have achieved that threshold and they still are being classified as “high virus transmission areas” and they still have mask mandates.

The similar moving of the goal posts will happen in Australia, just watch.
[Reply]
Stro39 11:19 PM 08-21-2021
There are locations such as San Francisco County that have achieved that threshold and they still are being classified as “high virus transmission areas” and they still have mask mandates.

The similar moving of the goal posts will happen in Australia, just watch.
TBH, I think some restrictions will remain, what those are I really don't know.

The issue for me is infections of unvaxxed demographics, I'm not really talking about adult anti-vax types because I have no sympathy for that crowd. I'm talking about kids: I don't want my family or kids I know getting covid and say, for example, get a vasculitis so bad they get multiple organ failure, or to have life-altering brain damage from a bout from this virus. Or even, 5 or 10 years down the track develop cancer because of covid. Because all of those things are on the table with covid.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 54
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up