ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 76
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:48 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
None of that makes the cause in any particular instance universal.
It doesn't need to.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:53 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
The problem is either environmental or genetic. Which do you think it is?
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
It doesn't need to.
Are you going to deny that, by posing this dichotomy as exhaustive, you AREN'T trying to bait people into either 'confessing' that 'society' has to work harder on the behalf of those who fail to thrive, or assert that there is a 'genetic' [cough, racial] cause?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:00 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Are you going to deny that, by posing this dichotomy as exhaustive, you AREN'T trying to bait people into either 'confessing' that 'society' has to work harder on the behalf of those who fail to thrive, or assert that there is a 'genetic' [cough, racial] cause?
Earlier I proposed getting rid of the policy that funds public education through private property taxes. If I was trying to bait people in the way you just described I would be arriving at a vastly different conclusion.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:11 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
All I've pointed out is that there is a fundamental agreement between us that it is an environmental issue that is holding many of these kids back. So why shouldn't there be steps taken to address some of those problems and give them a real chance to succeed? I'm not suggesting it should be done along racial lines either - make it income based. Better yet, get rid of the policy that funds public schools through property taxes which causes large disparities in how well funded schools are depending on the zip code.
It's the parents, that's how you fix this. Not race based or income based or punishing other wealthier districts with some variation of "no child left behind" nonsense, it's the parents. Until you convince parents to be involved in their kids' life and encourage them to try hard and be the best they can be, all of this is moot. It's definitely not an easy fix, and it certainly doesn't sit well with the crowd that wants to feel good about themselves because they've done something to fix the problem and fix it quick, but that is what needs to be done.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:15 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's the parents, that's how you fix this. Not race based or income based or punishing other wealthier districts with some variation of "no child left behind" nonsense, it's the parents. Until you convince parents to be involved in their kids' life and encourage them to try hard and be the best they can be, all of this is moot. It's definitely not an easy fix, and it certainly doesn't sit well with the crowd that wants to feel good about themselves because they've done something to fix the problem and fix it quick, but that is what needs to be done.
Is there a policy proposal in here somewhere or are you literally just suggesting that we tell parents to try harder?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:18 AM 10-09-2021
Yeah, Bowser!! I don't see your federally imposed governmental solution. Clearly you have nothing to offer. . . .
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:21 AM 10-09-2021
The mere insinuation of personal responsibility triggers leftists so hard lmao
[Reply]
Bowser 10:29 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Is there a policy proposal in here somewhere or are you literally just suggesting that we tell parents to try harder?
"We know you're a deadbeat parent, but that's ok because systemic racism has made you the worthless baby maker you are today. So how about we punish the districts that are successful in an attempt to make you feel better about yourself? You good with that? That's a good welfare recipient! Remember to vote Democrat!"

Yes, I am LITERALLY suggesting parents begin with trying to be responsible parents and can work their way up to trying harder and being better the longer time goes on. Why do you feel that parents that see their children failing just don't really seem to be bothered to figure out why the kid is failing or help them to NOT fail? Why do you feel government is the answer to shitty parenting? And to be fair, that statement applies to kids or all statuses in many cases.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:31 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, Bowser!! I don't see your federally imposed governmental solution. Clearly you have nothing to offer. . . .
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The mere insinuation of personal responsibility triggers leftists so hard lmao
:-)

It's amazing to watch, won't lie.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:39 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
That's it? Why don't you go get an education and make some real money. What's the matter, too lazy to put in the work to get a high paying job to put your kids through college? One of my friends from high school grew up in the projects and worked two jobs to put himself through college to became a surgeon. $30 an hour? He wouldn't come into work to get blown by your mom for that much. Pussy.
Typical liberal, looking down on anyone who is self made and happy. Liberals always act like they care and our compassionate, while at the same time teaching their kids they are better than others. It's usually the liberal parents with this attitude that extends to their kids...
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:40 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, Bowser!! I don't see your federally imposed governmental solution. Clearly you have nothing to offer. . . .
His suggestion was to tell parents to do better. Is that supposed to be a PSA? Are we spending tax dollars on showing those ads in lower income neighborhoods? Come on, you know as well as I do that there is no substance or anything actionable to what he said.

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The mere insinuation of personal responsibility triggers leftists so hard lmao
It actually does trigger me because it's such a stupid argument that ignores human nature and how government policies have shaped society and left some groups behind. Data scientists can know absolutely nothing about a family except their income, net worth, home ownership status, and the state of the local economy / education that they exist in and predict how well future generations will do. Chalking most success up to personal responsibility is lazy and backed up by absolutely nothing because it's completely unfalsifiable. Most of you who preach about personal responsibility were handed wealth and opportunities and a strong family support system and have zero idea what real actual adversity is but are too blinded by your own experiences to believe otherwise.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:51 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
"We know you're a deadbeat parent, but that's ok because systemic racism has made you the worthless baby maker you are today. So how about we punish the districts that are successful in an attempt to make you feel better about yourself? You good with that? That's a good welfare recipient! Remember to vote Democrat!"
How is it punishing wealthier areas to equalize the funding of school districts? They already have the Personal Responsibility gene that reproduces wealth generation after generation. Why do they need to have better public schools too? If they care that much about giving their child the best education possible they can send them to a private school (which many of them already do).

Originally Posted by :
Yes, I am LITERALLY suggesting parents begin with trying to be responsible parents and can work their way up to trying harder and being better the longer time goes on. Why do you feel that parents that see their children failing just don't really seem to be bothered to figure out why the kid is failing or help them to NOT fail? Why do you feel government is the answer to shitty parenting? And to be fair, that statement applies to kids or all statuses in many cases.
Do you think the government has anything to do with why African American populations have been doing worse in society? You know, slavery, redlining, segregation, tax policy? If the answer is yes to any of these, than they should be part of the solution too.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:57 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
The problem is either environmental or genetic. Which do you think it is?
You think is a one or the other. You exclude any number of other factors and assign it to these two?

You say its either environmental or genetic.

The real world is never so simplistic.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:58 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
His suggestion was to tell parents to do better. Is that supposed to be a PSA? Are we spending tax dollars on showing those ads in lower income neighborhoods? Come on, you know as well as I do that there is no substance or anything actionable to what he said.



It actually does trigger me because it's such a stupid argument that ignores human nature and how government policies have shaped society and left some groups behind. Data scientists can know absolutely nothing about a family except their income, net worth, home ownership status, and the state of the local economy / education that they exist in and predict how well future generations will do. Chalking most success up to personal responsibility is lazy and backed up by absolutely nothing because it's completely unfalsifiable. Most of you who preach about personal responsibility were handed wealth and opportunities and a strong family support system and have zero idea what real actual adversity is but are too blinded by your own experiences to believe otherwise.
Personal responsibility isn't lazy, it's necessary. How you can come to the conclusion that it's lazy and not a worthy goal is completely nonsensical and laughable. You're suggesting the government federalizes families (or lack thereof with broken families) because parents suck at their job, and while doing so put the burden of cost on the families and districts that do a better job of raising their children just so YOU can feel better about the situation all the while giving the deadbeat parent a pass. Absolutely ridiculous.

We are the land of equal opportunity NOT the land of equal outcomes, and it's not the fault of any school district kids fail.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:04 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
How is it punishing wealthier areas to equalize the funding of school districts? They already have the Personal Responsibility gene that reproduces wealth generation after generation. Why do they need to have better public schools too? If they care that much about giving their child the best education possible they can send them to a private school (which many of them already do).



Do you think the government has anything to do with why African American populations have been doing worse in society? You know, slavery, redlining, segregation, tax policy? If the answer is yes to any of these, than they should be part of the solution too.
"Wealthier areas" don't have a copyright on personal responsibility, haha. Where do you come up with this crap?

Of course government has shit on low income and minority neighborhoods. They'll continue to do it as well, then turn around and lie to the people living there with promises to fix it just to keep their voting base intact. Rinse and repeat. What does that have to do with parents not being involved in their kids' lives? Stop making excuses to push for government overreach from the same government that fucks up low income neighborhoods in the first place.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 76
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up