ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 79
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that don’t necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:23 AM 06-04-2021
I see the usual trend of conservatives hypocrisy is well established already on this subject.

Conservatives culture cancel warrior have decades of experience ruining people's lives and sending people to jail over false accusations. False accusations directly tied to conservatives religious beliefs and conservatives needs to push onto everyone else their nutty beliefs.

But of course, now that people saying "stop being an asshole", conservatives had to invent this "progressive cancel culture" and completely ignore the fact that conservatives were literally throwing innocent people in jail in their cancel culture crusades.

Same thing conservatives always do, just different topic.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:01 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I see the usual trend of conservatives hypocrisy is well established already on this subject.

Conservatives culture cancel warrior have decades of experience ruining people's lives and sending people to jail over false accusations. False accusations directly tied to conservatives religious beliefs and conservatives needs to push onto everyone else their nutty beliefs.

But of course, now that people saying "stop being an asshole", conservatives had to invent this "progressive cancel culture" and completely ignore the fact that conservatives were literally throwing innocent people in jail in their cancel culture crusades.

Yeah, I remember when that great conservative Al Gore, Jr. was holding congressional hearings regarding naughty words in rock music because his wife was babbling about hearing such offensive language.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:06 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
You jumped from not saying “butt” to Ellen.

That’s a few decades.

You’re dishonest, and swinging all over the place, so I’m done. I’m sure you’ll crow that it’s some sort of victory, but you’re still a moron.
Wut? Showing decades of censorship shows a pattern. It does not show separation. But to answer your dumb point the protestors trying to cancel ellen and Disney occurred at the same time the religious right was owning the FCC, pushed Bush to try to cancel the Simpsons, tried to cancel artists with explicit lyrics, tried like hell to cancel south park, and burned books that had magic in it. Same time period the Westboro church and their useful idiots picketed funerals. Same damn era. It's everything from canceling "naughty" creators to canceling content and people they found morally reprehensible. Let alone those who were OK with it. Yes, it is a victory that you acknowledge this occurred for several decades and swung all over the place.

I'm not surprised at all that you will make all the excuses in the world for right wing cancelation while being the biggest critic of woke activism. They are both doing it.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:09 AM 06-04-2021
Chris Harrison out on the Bachelor. His sin: calling for compassion and grace for a previous contestant who attended a party that was deemed racist.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ans-guest-host
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:34 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by :
A flag displayed from a construction site over Memorial Day Weekend has ignited controversy at Central Connecticut State University after members of the community said that the flag appeared to be displayed from a noose.

The flag was flown on a metal cable hanging from a crane at an on-campus construction site. The cable, which had a loop at the end, closely resembles standard loop steel cables that are commonly used in construction; Home Depot sells several varieties.

When social media users took note of the cable, Central Connecticut State University responded, "As soon as we saw the photo we called the construction company and ordered the cable be brought down immediately." The university also posted, of the offending object, "It is a steel loop that is part of a crane's cable; it is not a noose." The crane had multiple loop cables hanging from it, but the school has moved to address only the one bearing the American flag...

University calls for removal of construction equipment some deemed a racist symbol
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:18 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Chris Harrison out on the Bachelor. His sin: calling for compassion and grace for a previous contestant who attended a party that was deemed racist.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ans-guest-host
not showing enough outrage got him fired
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:48 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
W.

I'm not surprised at all that you will make all the excuses in the world for right wing cancelation while being the biggest critic of woke activism. They are both doing it.
Ahhh. More chirping from the “anything I make up is true” crowd. You’ve not seen me supporting any cancellation from either side. I’m adult enough to ignore shit that bothers me and move on.

I’m also adult enough to know that saying”butt” on television wasn’t some cancel project by the “religious right” ( which by the way, was ALSO coined decades later).

First off, for something to be cancelled, it has to first exist.

Secondly, while racism was a blight on the period where “butt” was forbidden on television, it was generally a more genteel time as far as acceptable language. Anyone who claims otherwise is a) dishonest, b) too young to have experienced it or c) a revisionist. People didn’t walk around talking about their “cock” or their “wet ass pussy”, and that was reflected in the FCC restrictions. End of true story.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:02 PM 06-04-2021
Ahhh. More chirping from the “anything I make up is true” crowd. You’ve not seen me supporting any cancellation from either side. I’m adult enough to ignore shit that bothers me and move on.

I’m also adult enough to know that saying”butt” on television wasn’t some cancel project by the “religious right” ( which by the way, was ALSO coined decades later).

First off, for something to be cancelled, it has to first exist.

Secondly, while racism was a blight on the period where “butt” was forbidden on television, it was generally a more genteel time as far as acceptable language. Anyone who claims otherwise is a) dishonest, b) too young to have experienced it or c) a revisionist. People didn’t walk around talking about their “cock” or their “wet ass pussy”, and that was reflected in the FCC restrictions. End of true story.
Obviously the "butt" was a facetitious way to talk about censorship in general. It was all about censorship. Call them the religious right or Evangelists or family values conservatives... Everyone from bush/Quayle to pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and his outrage police. Of COURSE they were driving this. Is there any dispute? Bullshit that people weren't canceled over this. Kids were getting suspended left and right for wearing Bart Simpson shirts or listening to mildly godless music. And before you go the "genteel" language route, they also forced conformity to a specific moral code. Like dungeons and dragons, Murphy browns pregnancy, and everything in between. Punishing teachers who dared to teach evolution in schools. Censorship is cancel culture. It cancels the creators and shames the user. Period. And the religious right used this tool heavy and often.

And again, that's not getting into social cancelation. Let's not even get started on anti gay cancel culture, interracial relationships, and flipping Starbucks holiday cups.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:08 PM 06-04-2021
Obviously the "butt" was a facetitious way to talk about censorship in general. It was all about censorship. Call them the religious right or Evangelists or family values conservatives... Everyone from bush/Quayle to pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and his outrage police. Of COURSE they were driving this. Is there any dispute? Bullshit that people weren't canceled over this. Kids were getting suspended left and right for wearing Bart Simpson shirts or listening to mildly godless music. And before you go the "genteel" language route, they also forced conformity to a specific moral code. Like dungeons and dragons, Murphy browns pregnancy, and everything in between. Punishing teachers who dared to teach evolution in schools. Censorship is cancel culture. It cancels the creators and shames the user. Period. And the religious right used this tool heavy and often.

And again, that's not getting into social cancelation. Let's not even get started on anti gay cancel culture, interracial relationships, and flipping Starbucks holiday cups.
I’m not going to continue to argue with you dishonest fucks who keep jumping around time and moving the goalposts with your idiotic defense of the bullshit happening today.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:09 PM 06-04-2021
I’m not going to continue to argue with you dishonest ****s who keep jumping around time and moving the goalposts with your idiotic defense of the bullshit happening today.
I have not defended the bullshit today. I just have little sympathy for the most outraged hypocrites whove been canceling the shit out of people for decades then act all outraged when it flips upside down on them. Moral conservatives are canceling less people because they lost power, not because they don't want to. But I'm sure this will flip back into the moral high horse shit where it's them and it's never been us.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:11 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:

The Spanish Inquisition?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:14 PM 06-04-2021
Wut? Showing decades of censorship shows a pattern. It does not show separation. But to answer your dumb point the protestors trying to cancel ellen and Disney occurred at the same time the religious right was owning the FCC, pushed Bush to try to cancel the Simpsons, tried to cancel artists with explicit lyrics, tried like hell to cancel south park, and burned books that had magic in it. Same time period the Westboro church and their useful idiots picketed funerals. Same damn era. It's everything from canceling "naughty" creators to canceling content and people they found morally reprehensible. Let alone those who were OK with it. Yes, it is a victory that you acknowledge this occurred for several decades and swung all over the place.

Free speech movement began - and ended - at Berkeley.

(if you're gonna talk 'hypocritical'......)
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:12 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
The Spanish Inquisition?
That was unexpected.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:26 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
That was unexpected.
:-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:19 PM 06-04-2021