ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 77
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:59 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
That wasn’t the religious right, moron. That was a generally polite society.
Bullshit.

The religious right pushed the FCC on censorship.
Anti gay evangelists tried to cancel Disney world, teletubbies and Ellen
They drove the family values movement that tried to cancel characters like Bart Simpson and censored his tshirts
They canceled books... Everything from Harry Potter to slaughterhouse five
Way before critical race theory, the religious right was canceling evolution in schools
They tried to cancel dungeons and dragons, and magic the gathering
They tried to cancel Elvis over his dancing
Remember when the religious right tried to cancel Starbucks over a fucking holiday cup?

This isn't general politeness any more than woke culture is pushing acceptance of people. These are both examples of extremists trying to censor and cancel people and thought.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:13 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Bullshit.

The religious right pushed the FCC on censorship.
Anti gay evangelists tried to cancel Disney world, teletubbies and Ellen
They drove the family values movement that tried to cancel characters like Bart Simpson and censored his tshirts
They canceled books... Everything from Harry Potter to slaughterhouse five
Way before critical race theory, the religious right was canceling evolution in schools
They tried to cancel dungeons and dragons, and magic the gathering
They tried to cancel Elvis over his dancing
Remember when the religious right tried to cancel Starbucks over a ****ing holiday cup?

This isn't general politeness any more than woke culture is pushing acceptance of people. These are both examples of extremists trying to censor and cancel people and thought.
You jumped a few decades there, Einstein.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:20 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Wrong-think is our schools being called out; https://libertyjusticecenter.org/media/loudoun-county/

Spoiler!

Look at what this monster is teaching his kid. He needs to leave it to the professionals.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/02/video-...ry-goes-viral/
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:57 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
You jumped a few decades there, Einstein.
So that's your argument now? So you're backing off the campaign for politeness?

I said the religious right has always been a cancel culture crew but now just doesn't have media backing anymore. So I did not skip anything.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:08 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Whatever you think of censoring content, or stratifying it for intended audiences, it's not cancel culture.

I swear, this obstinate refusal to acknowledge the meaning of terms is purposeful.
Dude, they tried to cancel the hell out of shows like the Simpsons and went to war with their tshirts. They went to war with rockers because of godless lyrics. They went to war with rap music that used naughty lyrics. They went to war with everything from Harry Potter to dungeons and dragons for having the audacity to introduce magic. They protested like hell to get the ellen sitcom off the air. Your obstinate refusal to be objective is blatant. They were using censorship to get anything they didn't approve of off the air.
[Reply]
fan4ever 05:15 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Look at what this monster is teaching his kid. He needs to leave it to the professionals.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/02/video-...ry-goes-viral/
I don't like adults using children as political pawns no matter how much I agree with their message. While this is nowhere near the magnitude of Greta I still don't like to see it. He should have made his point without his little girl there. At the same time I realize her presence is probably why this went as viral as it did.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:18 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Dude, they tried to cancel the hell out of shows like the Simpsons and went to war with their tshirts. They went to war with rockers because of godless lyrics. They went to war with rap music that used naughty lyrics. They went to war with everything from Harry Potter to dungeons and dragons for having the audacity to introduce magic. They protested like hell to get the ellen sitcom off the air. Your obstinate refusal to be objective is blatant. They were using censorship to get anything they didn't approve of off the air.
This line of argument is utterly perplexing to me.

Because it seemed like the, for the longest, the overall social consensus was these were fringe zealots who were wrong and should be denounced [or more productively, ignored] for even trying to censor.

But now it seems like the true position of far too many is, well if THEY get to try something stupid, . . . we get to try just as hard and as much and even more aggressively.

I've been vocal in opposition to the censors FOR-EH-VER, . . . I'm using the word FOR-EH-VER here. It's to emphasize how long and consistently I've done so, . . . And I've been on the winning side. Simpsons, Ellen, Rock and Roll, Harry Potter, all among the longest lasting and most lucrative properties in society for over a generation.

But even in opposition to these fringe censors, cancel culture is something different. If we differ on the evils of Rock and Roll, that might be a difference we argue over, but it didn't bleed into campaigns against one's comprehensive existence. Doctors weren't facing losing credentials because some Karen heard him listening to Black Sabbath in his car. People weren't cutting ties with family or lifelong friends because they saw a Harry Potter book in their Amazon recommends. And then turning around and trying to assert a social standard that all 'good' people must do likewise, comprehensively ostracizing and shunning for any deviation from doctrine.

It's a little disheartening to find out that, when people in the past SEEMED like they were on my side against censorship, what they actually were were JEALOUS of the censors and itching for the opportunity to kick the entire enterprise up a notch in retribution. But that's one thread in a rich disheartening tapestry of things in recent society where it looked like people had principles, but what they really had was resentment that they hadn't figured out yet how to make betrayal of those principles work in their favor.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:04 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Iím not saying woke progressives or that story about the school represent a majority of any set of political views but itís pretty telling you would view the discussion that way. So you donít have to defend that against me. Itís a story about some nuts that shouldnít produce an automatic defense response from you.
You made this thread to discuss the "insanity of the progressive woke crowd" and this was one of your leading examples. If you're not using it to attack the ideology, why are you bringing it up? And if you are doing so, which is what I suspect, you'll have to defend the idea that it is actually a part of progressive politics.

Originally Posted by :
I only mention far left media in the context of being a bad indicator of difficulty of finding these things because in general they donít want these stories associated with their political views so you donít see much of it from them.
Please do not use the term far left media if what you're actually referring to are corporate news outlets. Also, you should seriously examine your own biases when you make statements like this. I would argue that these kinds of fringe stories are being covered by the outlets you frequent because they want you to associate those ideas with your political opponents. Their business model is to make you distrust traditional news sources and rely on them for information. At that point you are easily manipulated into being distracted by nonsense cultural issues while their billionaire backers distract you from material problems in society like why wages are down as the costs of basic necessities like healthcare, education, and housing continue to spiral out of control.


Originally Posted by :
Besides this isnít even necessarily specifically about left vs right or limited to political policy pushed by politicians so I donít feel any need to specifically address whatever version of ďweĒ you ascribe to as that is different for everyone. If you donít agree with or find something posted as objectionable or agreeable, simply say so and move on. Iím not trying to attribute anything to a group as a whole.
Why don't you take it from somebody who holds some pretty far left views and is extremely in tune with what the progressive side of the Democratic party wants when I say that the positions you're ascribing to the far left are absurd?

Originally Posted by :
With any luck critical race theory will continue to be shuttered but letís not pretend it isnít being pushed all over the country. A YouTube search of parents complaining to school boards about it produces plenty of evidence it.
It is possible that I am just ignorant to what is being taught in school these days but parents whining on youtube isn't evidence of anything. Show me what has actually changed in school curriculum regarding history and race and then explain to me what your issue is.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:25 PM 06-03-2021
Fun ride from...

"Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository. There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics."

To....

"Iím not saying woke progressives or that story about the school represent a majority of any set of political views"


[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:21 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This line of argument is utterly perplexing to me.

Because it seemed like the, for the longest, the overall social consensus was these were fringe zealots who were wrong and should be denounced [or more productively, ignored] for even trying to censor.

But now it seems like the true position of far too many is, well if THEY get to try something stupid, . . . we get to try just as hard and as much and even more aggressively.

I've been vocal in opposition to the censors FOR-EH-VER, . . . I'm using the word FOR-EH-VER here. It's to emphasize how long and consistently I've done so, . . . And I've been on the winning side. Simpsons, Ellen, Rock and Roll, Harry Potter, all among the longest lasting and most lucrative properties in society for over a generation.

But even in opposition to these fringe censors, cancel culture is something different. If we differ on the evils of Rock and Roll, that might be a difference we argue over, but it didn't bleed into campaigns against one's comprehensive existence. Doctors weren't facing losing credentials because some Karen heard him listening to Black Sabbath in his car. People weren't cutting ties with family or lifelong friends because they saw a Harry Potter book in their Amazon recommends. And then turning around and trying to assert a social standard that all 'good' people must do likewise, comprehensively ostracizing and shunning for any deviation from doctrine.

It's a little disheartening to find out that, when people in the past SEEMED like they were on my side against censorship, what they actually were were JEALOUS of the censors and itching for the opportunity to kick the entire enterprise up a notch in retribution. But that's one thread in a rich disheartening tapestry of things in recent society where it looked like people had principles, but what they really had was resentment that they hadn't figured out yet how to make betrayal of those principles work in their favor.
Well, you opened a can of worms on this one. I was just referring to canceling the creators. Canceling shows and artists.

But you don't think a byproduct of this was a widespread phenomena in places like the Bible belt canceling people left and right and ostracizing community members based on their choices? These people were routinely canceled for watching Ellen or participating in a gay pride rally, straight or gay. For letting their kids wear Bart Simpson shirts. They didn't have the megaphone of social media to do it and to individualize beyond their communities. So they bought politicians and bullied the media and FCC to enforce conformity to a specific set of social standards. The religious right invented cancel culture.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:31 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
You made this thread to discuss the "insanity of the progressive woke crowd" and this was one of your leading examples. If you're not using it to attack the ideology, why are you bringing it up? And if you are doing so, which is what I suspect, you'll have to defend the idea that it is actually a part of progressive politics.



Please do not use the term far left media if what you're actually referring to are corporate news outlets. Also, you should seriously examine your own biases when you make statements like this. I would argue that these kinds of fringe stories are being covered by the outlets you frequent because they want you to associate those ideas with your political opponents. Their business model is to make you distrust traditional news sources and rely on them for information. At that point you are easily manipulated into being distracted by nonsense cultural issues while their billionaire backers distract you from material problems in society like why wages are down as the costs of basic necessities like healthcare, education, and housing continue to spiral out of control.




Why don't you take it from somebody who holds some pretty far left views and is extremely in tune with what the progressive side of the Democratic party wants when I say that the positions you're ascribing to the far left are absurd?



It is possible that I am just ignorant to what is being taught in school these days but parents whining on youtube isn't evidence of anything. Show me what has actually changed in school curriculum regarding history and race and then explain to me what your issue is.

I reject your entire premise. I view all ďwokeĒ people as progressive in nature. I do not believe all progressives are ďwoke.Ē Therefore Iím not ascribing, insinuating, suggesting or even hinting anything to the democrats or the far left as some sort of view held amongst that group as you continue claiming.

You keep trying to create that narrative with absolutely no basis for doing so. You yourself said the first story about the school didnít represent progressive or leftist views, but somehow you canít see I donít believe they do either. This is a you problem in which you have to put people into ideological boxes to make them fit where you think they should.

If you want to start a thread defending critical race theory, have at it. It could probably use your support.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:50 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Fun ride from...

"Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository. There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics."

To....

"Iím not saying woke progressives or that story about the school represent a majority of any set of political views"


You canít point out any actual contradiction or issue despite a desire to do so. I guess thatís why you are confused.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:54 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So that's your argument now? So you're backing off the campaign for politeness?

I said the religious right has always been a cancel culture crew but now just doesn't have media backing anymore. So I did not skip anything.
You jumped from not saying ďbuttĒ to Ellen.

Thatís a few decades.

Youíre dishonest, and swinging all over the place, so Iím done. Iím sure youíll crow that itís some sort of victory, but youíre still a moron.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:11 AM 06-04-2021
I know that from most, if not all, of our local CP Tribalist it's hard to comprehend that two things can be true at the same time.

In this context it is true that I can oppose the 1984-esque Wrong-Think woke crowd and oppose the bible thumping opposition to a gay character on a TV series.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:16 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This line of argument is utterly perplexing to me.

Because it seemed like the, for the longest, the overall social consensus was these were fringe zealots who were wrong and should be denounced [or more productively, ignored] for even trying to censor.

But now it seems like the true position of far too many is, well if THEY get to try something stupid, . . . we get to try just as hard and as much and even more aggressively.

I've been vocal in opposition to the censors FOR-EH-VER, . . . I'm using the word FOR-EH-VER here. It's to emphasize how long and consistently I've done so, . . . And I've been on the winning side. Simpsons, Ellen, Rock and Roll, Harry Potter, all among the longest lasting and most lucrative properties in society for over a generation.

But even in opposition to these fringe censors, cancel culture is something different. If we differ on the evils of Rock and Roll, that might be a difference we argue over, but it didn't bleed into campaigns against one's comprehensive existence. Doctors weren't facing losing credentials because some Karen heard him listening to Black Sabbath in his car. People weren't cutting ties with family or lifelong friends because they saw a Harry Potter book in their Amazon recommends. And then turning around and trying to assert a social standard that all 'good' people must do likewise, comprehensively ostracizing and shunning for any deviation from doctrine.

It's a little disheartening to find out that, when people in the past SEEMED like they were on my side against censorship, what they actually were were JEALOUS of the censors and itching for the opportunity to kick the entire enterprise up a notch in retribution. But that's one thread in a rich disheartening tapestry of things in recent society where it looked like people had principles, but what they really had was resentment that they hadn't figured out yet how to make betrayal of those principles work in their favor.
I love it when you wax poetic out your ass. It really highlights that you just say whatever shit you need too at the time for the sake of argument.

For example, you ignorantly try to downplay the consequences of religious conservative moral panic and zealous crusade against things they want to cancel.

Here are some examples of how religious conservatives have ruined people's lives over things conservatives want to cancel.

Let's start with conservatives panic about "goth" kids being evil.

e,Ē a rash of false allegations made against day care centers in the í80s, and with the case of the West Memphis Three in the í90s, in which three teenagers whose wrongful conviction on homicide charges was based on little more than suspicion over their goth lifestyles.

As for the West Memphis Three, they were eventually released in 2011 after spending 18 years in prison, and their case stands as one of the worst examples of what happens when police rush to judgment without evidence in a case.


Day-care sex-abuse hysteria was a moral panic that occurred primarily during the 1980s and early 1990s. The McMartin Pre-School case became one of the longest and most expensive criminal cases ever tried in the United States. It ended when Buckey was acquitted of dozens of charges in 1990.

In Bakersfield, social workers who had read Michelle Remembers learned of a clandestine local occult sex ring from two children whoíd been coerced into fabricating the claims by a relative.Between 1984 and 1986, the investigation into these labyrinthine claims would send at least 26 people to jail in interrelated convictions, despite a complete lack of corroborative physical evidence for any of the claims. Nearly all of those convictions have since been overturned, including that of one man who served 20 years of a 40-year sentence, and those of two parents who were sentenced to 240 years in prison after their own sons were coached to accuse them of abuse.

By the mid-í80s, a wave of seminars, tutorials, and educational videos for authorities and evangelicals on the subject of recognizing and fighting satanic cults was sweeping the US. Law enforcement in El Paso, Texas ďwere promptly dispatched to Ďritual crimeí seminars,Ē journalist Debbie Nathan recounted in 2003. These were ďclasses aimed at law enforcement authorities and taught mostly by other cops, therapists, preachers and by born again Christians claiming to be former high priests or escapees from unspeakably sadistic ritual-torture cults.Ē

As appalling as Fusterís sentence is, heís not alone. North Carolina inmate Patrick Figured is, at age 72, still serving time for a 1992 conviction due to coerced allegations of ritualistic abuse. And Joseph Allen, age 63, has been serving time in Ohio since 1994 for a highly bizarre case in which he was convicted of ritualistic child abuse along with another woman, even though the two had never even met. She was later exonerated.

In 1997, four lesbian women who became known as the San Antonio Four were targeted and wrongfully convicted for child molestation claims. Their trial played out against a resurgence of Satanic Panic tied to homophobia in a conservative state, and their fight for justice lasted nearly two decades. All four women spent 15 years in prison before having their convictions overturned in 2015 and ultimately expunged in 2018.

Like Redlining, I look forward to you ignoring all evidence that doesn't fit your narrative.

Its rich how conservatives whine and complain about "cancel culture" when conservative culture warriors were willing to send people to jail.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 77
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up