ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 53
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Gun owners: ready to surrender them yet?
Discuss Thrower 06:26 PM 01-19-2021
It's very simple. There will be a mass shooting event sooner than later.

It will be followed by a massive leak wherein everyone who can be traced to have owned a firearm in any capacity will be made public.

This mass shooting event will be blamed on the "alt right."

Thus the connotation will be made between gun ownership and "white nationalism / supremacy" where it is assumed if you're in one category you are, by definition, in the other. If you don't give up your guns then logically you are just like the terrorists who invaded the Capitol.




Do not say




you were


not warned.
[Reply]
banyon 05:40 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Inarticulate at least is accurate. Stupid bastard can't spell 'cat' apparently.

:-)
Where on earth do you get the impression that he's talking about 50/100 rd drums? Are those widespread or even terribly popular? how many non-gun owners even know that they exist? No, he's talking about standard cap. 30-rd mags. Just like every gun control advocate for the last 17 years. Stop lying.
I went with 50/100 drums and likely the 30 rd pistol mags because that is what I remember there actually being some degree of political support for after Va Tech and Las Vegas shootings.

ARs have 20/30 round mags standard, they arenít going there.
[Reply]
banyon 05:48 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You're a lawyer. Look it up. Here, I'll even give you the name: Assault Weapons Ban-2019 (S.66).

You'll note that a 10-rd magazine restriction is part of the core of regulations proposed.
A fantasy bill submitted by left wing members during a session they had no possibility of getting it to the floor is very different from a bill backed by moderates and the president that could pass both chambers when they are in control.

If you need an example of how that works you might refer to the 2017 ACA repeal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
I went with 50/100 drums and likely the 30 rd pistol mags because that is what I remember there actually being some degree of political support for after Va Tech and Las Vegas shootings.

ARs have 20/30 round mags standard, they arenít going there.
They already have tried to go there (S66), counselor.

Tell me another lie.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:51 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
A fantasy bill submitted by left wing members during a session they had no possibility of getting it to the floor is very different from a bill backed by moderates and the president that could pass both chambers when they are in control.

If you need an example of how that works you might refer to the 2017 ACA repeal.
Biden has already expressed support for a AWB bill based on S66. What do you think that 'inarticulate' mumbling about "multiple round magazines" was about in the video? 31- rd magazines?
[Reply]
banyon 05:52 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They already have tried to go there (S66), counselor.

Tell me another lie.
Again they donít have the support. Refer to my earlier post on the filibuster.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:54 PM 01-20-2021
I have a feeling that the idiot Pelosi will put forward a bill limiting mags to 1 round...
[Reply]
banyon 05:55 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Biden has already expressed support for a AWB bill based on S66. What do you think that 'inarticulate' mumbling about "multiple round magazines" was about in the video? 31- rd magazines?
I already said earlier in this thread that they could move for a 1993 style AW ban with grandfather clause. I don’t favor that but I doubt it would pass. But it’s certainly a lot more likely than a ban on all semiautos that was discussed earlier in the thread. Quit trying to move the goalposts.

Yes I found the word “multiple” inarticulate because it’s vague.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:57 PM 01-20-2021
Multiple means more than two.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:57 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Again they donít have the support. Refer to my earlier post on the filibuster.
So, your argument is that they're just going to quit trying? After the POTUS himself has already expressed support for a new AWB? As has his VP? And his House Speaker? Are those the "extremists" you're referring to?

Counselor, you've been exposed. Either as a liar or an abject idiot.

I would say I rest my case, but the fact is I won it outright.
[Reply]
banyon 05:59 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Multiple means more than two.
Yeah thatís the dictionary definition. I doubt Biden was being that careful in a camera gaggle.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:00 PM 01-20-2021
Presidents don't get the benefit of the doubt.

They mean what they say.
[Reply]
banyon 06:08 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So, your argument is that they're just going to quit trying? After the POTUS himself has already expressed support for a new AWB? As has his VP? And his House Speaker? Are those the "extremists" you're referring to?

Counselor, you've been exposed. Either as a liar or an abject idiot.

I would say I rest my case, but the fact is I won it outright.
You apparently choose to ignore about 1/2 of everything I post, so itís not a surprise you still donít understand my position.

I said that any AW ban, if passed (which I doubt) would include grandfathering as to render it somewhat impotent for current gun owners ( which is what the damn thread was about).

But the thread was about a nationwide gun seizure and you want to claim some sort of moral victory on a minor tangent on which you havenít been shown to be correct at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:09 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Yes I read that. It doesnít mention a 10 round limit.
Maybe Iím misremembering, but I could have swore it was in there. Looks like theyíve changed it some.

More importantly a cursory googling of high capacity magazine ban talks about 10. Even if itís 20 that precludes the 30 round magazines that AR15s come with. Which again is the most common rifle in the US.

So even if Iím wrong about the 10 round thing, which Iím open to - I donít have time to deep dive into anything political - itís still a fucking travesty.

So you may not think his policy gets pushed through. But thatís way different than suggesting that Iím overreacting to published platforms.

What he has published no way doesnít include 30 round magazines. Which again isnít feasible for the most common rifle in the US. And depending on how ATF interprets it, it could include glocks because you can buy a 30 round magazine for Glock pistols.

Bottom line, itís hard for me to buy that Bidenís gun policy as published - if he can push it through a Democrat controlled house and senate, wonít be a giant deal. Thatís just being obtuse.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:12 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
But the thread was about a nationwide gun seizure and you want to claim some sort of moral victory on a minor tangent on which you havenít been shown to be correct at all.
Not what this thread is about.
[Reply]
banyon 06:20 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Maybe Iím misremembering, but I could have swore it was in there. Looks like theyíve changed it some.

More importantly a cursory googling of high capacity magazine ban talks about 10. Even if itís 20 that precludes the 30 round magazines that AR15s come with. Which again is the most common rifle in the US.

So even if Iím wrong about the 10 round thing, which Iím open to - I donít have time to deep dive into anything political - itís still a fucking travesty.

So you may not think his policy gets pushed through. But thatís way different than suggesting that Iím overreacting to published platforms.

What he has published no way doesnít include 30 round magazines. Which again isnít feasible for the most common rifle in the US. And depending on how ATF interprets it, it could include glocks because you can buy a 30 round magazine for Glock pistols.

Bottom line, itís hard for me to buy that Bidenís gun policy as published - if he can push it through a Democrat controlled house and senate, wonít be a giant deal. Thatís just being obtuse.
I respect the way you have stated your view. I donít disagree that 30 rd AR mags should not be banned (I own probably 3 or 4). I just donít think it will happen.

30 rd pistol mag could get banned (esp since I think those were ones used by Cho at Va Tech. I do own one for fun at the range with my Glock19, but would not be upset if was included in a ban.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 53
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up