ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1008 of 1383
« First < 850890895899810041005100610071008 1009101010111012101810581108 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:35 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
lmao wtf is going on:

Hm......couldn't be ADE. It just couldn't be.
[Reply]
banyon 12:36 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The same public health measures that were largely ignored and caused the Red Flu to explode, yes?

They can't have it both ways.
You can if the measures are very effective against influenza but only partially effective vs COVID.
[Reply]
Donger 12:36 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The same public health measures that were largely ignored and caused the Red Flu to explode, yes?

They can't have it both ways.
We've been over this. Flu season here begins in November (usually) and ends in March or so (usually). Mitigation efforts were pretty extensive at that time. Viral interference may have also contributed. And, I suspect that the actual number of cases is much higher than that.

And no, the tens of millions of normal flu cases were not counted as COVID-19, or we would have seen a massive increase in COVID-19 cases (almost double). We didn't.

Flu just didn't get its normal chance to dig in and spread like it normally does last year. COVID-19 did.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:37 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
You can if the measures are very effective against influenza but only partially effective vs COVID.
LOL, what a convenient counter argument.

But, science. I guess.
[Reply]
Donger 12:38 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Here too: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm
I've had that sucker bookmarked for well over ten years.

:-)
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:38 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...vid-pandemic1/
not buying it. Too many places aren't abiding by those measures. Chit, just look at football stadiums. Can't buy it.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:39 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I've had that sucker bookmarked for well over ten years.

:-)
CDC links and info shouldn't be allowed in this thread. They are a mockery.
[Reply]
banyon 12:40 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
LOL, what a convenient counter argument.

But, science. I guess.
It was initially thought that COVID was more droplet borne, but it is more airborne than Influenza. That is the difference, if you wanted to know.
[Reply]
Donger 12:40 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
not buying it. Too many places aren't abiding by those measures. Chit, just look at football stadiums. Can't buy it.
The numbers you posted are from ~November 2020 to April 2021. That's "flu season" in the NH.

If you look at the SH, they had almost no flu season either. It was a global phenomena.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:40 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
lmao wtf is going on:

dUh, mAkEs pErFeCt sEnSe1!
[Reply]
Donger 12:41 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
CDC links and info shouldn't be allowed in this thread. They are a mockery.
Seems reasonable.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:43 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
It was initially thought that COVID was more droplet borne, but it is more airborne than Influenza. That is the difference, if you wanted to know.
Still doesn't explain flu disappearing when the general public was being lambasted for not masking and social distancing like they were supposed to.

And really all I'm getting from that thought is masks and mask mandates are trash and should be finished asap.
[Reply]
banyon 12:47 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Still doesn't explain flu disappearing when the general public was being lambasted for not masking and social distancing like they were supposed to.

And really all I'm getting from that thought is masks and mask mandates are trash and should be finished asap.
Well Donger has a good theory re the timing of the chart. I'll go with that explanation, unless you have a persuasive reason not to.

But let's say Masks, etc. are 50% as effective against COVID as they are against the Flu.

So your position is like "If a seat belt is only 50% likely to save my life in a frontal crash, then what's the point?"
[Reply]
Donger 12:48 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Still doesn't explain flu disappearing when the general public was being lambasted for not masking and social distancing like they were supposed to.

And really all I'm getting from that thought is masks and mask mandates are trash and should be finished asap.
Again, flu didn't disappear last season. It was just greatly diminished because it didn't get the chance to infect a good portion of the population last year, who would then go on to infect 2.5 other people, and they would infect 2.5 others and so on. It's really just math along with science.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:48 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Well Donger has a good theory re the timing of the chart. I'll go with that explanation, unless you have a persuasive reason not to.

But let's say Masks, etc. are 50% as effective against COVID as they are against the Flu.

So your position is like "If a seat belt is only 50% likely to save my life in a frontal crash, then what's the point?"
Masks don't do shit.

This has been demonstrated over and over and over again.


:-)
[Reply]
Page 1008 of 1383
« First < 850890895899810041005100610071008 1009101010111012101810581108 > Last »
Up