ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 65
« First < 15556162636465
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:10 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Lol. I have several cousins like him in academia. They think they it all figured out yet have never worked a real job in the private sector. Itís hilarious.
I had this co-worker who's fiancee was getting his doctorate in economics. I asked her if when he completed his degree was he going to work in the private sector for a bit, to test the theories, etc. She said "No....he's going to teach". I said "So he's basically going to regurgitate what he's been taught the past several years?" She was pissed but could offer no real response. I assume a great deal of academia is like her boyfriend.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:14 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I bet 5 years ago you wouldn't think that the President would be defending people who attended a neo-Nazi rally either. I bet a few years before that you would never have guessed that a reality TV show star would ride down an escalator to announce his run for the Presidency by calling Mexicans rapists and win. And it's not just rhetoric -
Yeah...it's rhetoric.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:26 AM Yesterday
I'm going to try to cut my response short because we're talking in circles and I don't want to continue going tit for tat. If there's anything you specifically want me to address that I didn't let me know and I will.

Here is where I see nuance on this. If somebody personally came up to me and called me privileged, I might take it as an insult. I think when used on an individual level in that way it is fair to take it that way. However if I were to look at two groups of people and one of them lived in an affluent white neighborhood and the other lived in a majority black inner city with high rates of poverty and crime I think it's perfectly reasonable to point out that the first group is significantly privileged over the second. And as somebody who belongs to that first group, I would not feel offended if somebody pointed out that privilege disparity. Where do you disagree, if at all?

All of my posts about this started because someone asked who would get offended by the privileged term. So Iím looking and commenting on an individual level about why someone might but that they donít have to be guilty or ashamed about even if they acknowledge it. And you apparently agree so Iím uncertain why you even questioned it so much.

And because I am focusing on individuals not groups which are far too easy to stereotype, I completely disagree with idea that all those in the affluent neighborhood are privileged, therefore, simply saying where you live reflects privilege is wrong.

Do you still not understand why people could and should be proud or thankful for their parents or caregivers who allow them to grow up fortunate? And still donít see how a person growing up poor can still be proud of theirs?

I can find examples of conservatives being racist and bigoted and it wouldn't even be hard to do. It happens on this forum constantly and I can back it up with endless receipts. For comparison, I don't know who on the left here is going around calling white people "oppressors" or whatever which you focus on constantly. Despite that, you are very critical of anybody who uses the word racist to describe conservatives. Sure, maybe it's misapplied at times like every political label, but there are definitely some pretty racist conservatives right? So why can't we have that conversation but I have to respond to all of the divisive rhetoric that comes from the left which you disagree with which I don't think is an accurate representation of our beliefs? It just seems like an attempt to control the conversation by always putting your opponent on the defensive. I have still not gotten a response as to what you think of the guy who is most responsible for pushing the CRT hysteria admitting that it's just a propaganda tool for the right for all of their culture war issues.
Iím really uncertain what this is all about. There are racists from all walks of life and of every color and political affiliation. News at 10. I donít care if someone who truly shows racist behavior is called that and Iíve never defended it. You can talk about it all you like. Iím clearly talking about the cases where itís overused and misapplied, and right now it is probably 90% most likely to be misapplied by the far and not so far left to their opponents, much like all the isms, except communist accusations. This of course all under the back drop of actually racism just casually accepted by the far left so those accusations ring even more hollow.

As for Rufo, you and others will just say what he calls crt isnít actually crt because crt is just a theory and framework meant to be studied at university levels and above and maybe guide decision making. As far as Iím concerned thatís mostly an irrelevant distinction because the things he and others talk about that actually occur in real life at schools and workplaces are downstream effects of crt thought processes and other similar ideas of focusing on race as much as the far left does.

Of course, not every Trump voter is racist, but to support him you have to be at least indifferent to racism and it's effects.
What constitutes racism and itís effects is debatable but it is certainly completely overused by the left as itís a major go to with things like immigration. Your assertion here is complete and utter rubbish not worthy of further response other than to say itís a great example of attaching negative morals to Trump voters as a whole without any reason to do so. And no I didnít vote for Trump.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:45 PM Yesterday
This was in KENTUCKY of all places:

INSANE: Mayor of Hazard, KY who is also the principal of Hazard High School, held an assembly with a male pageant. The students came dressed in lingerie and gave lap dances to the staff. pic.twitter.com/ZxODWQWOsx

— Libs of Tik Tok (@libsoftiktok) October 27, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
This was in KENTUCKY of all places:

Uh oh the domestic terrorist parents are going to have a field day!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:49 PM Yesterday

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:51 PM Yesterday
His name certainly fits, hahahaaa
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I had this co-worker who's fiancee was getting his doctorate in economics. I asked her if when he completed his degree was he going to work in the private sector for a bit, to test the theories, etc. She said "No....he's going to teach". I said "So he's basically going to regurgitate what he's been taught the past several years?" She was pissed but could offer no real response. I assume a great deal of academia is like her boyfriend.
This is education for the last 30 years. Work in theory. Expect it to work in the real world. It does not. Rinse. repeat.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:56 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
His name certainly fits, hahahaaa
Think it's satire.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Think it's satire.
The name possibly is, but the burger chain is facing headlines just like that at the moment
[Reply]
Eureka 05:58 PM Yesterday
The name possibly is, but the burger chain is facing headlines just like that at the moment
That chain will walk right over those headlines because they have a good product. I think it makes news outlets with these types of headlines look ridiculous.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:28 PM Yesterday
I think itís over on Radford.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:06 PM Yesterday
You can work minimum wage at McDonalds and be in the private sector. Who do you think you're impressing? Cool story though. I would bet a lot of money that your cousins have a much more important role in society than whatever you do.
Letís bet.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 65
« First < 15556162636465
Up