ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 240
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:52 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
How many times have we seen a predictable pattern of us playing prevent to hold a lead, and us abandoning a successful passing game for conservative "hold the clock" dink and dunk for the same reason. We've lost two playoff games where we dominated the first half. We saw it last year in Atlanta. We saw it both games this season. He's had less puzzling clock management in kc so far, but he still falls back to this pattern that turns dominant performances into unnecessary nailbiters.
See, this is what frustrates the hell out of me with the criticism of Reid - they ALWAYS tailor the griping to the outcome and in the end there's just no way for Reid to win.

One time - ONE time - his gameplan absolutely cost us a playoff game and that was the Colts disaster.

Reid did exactly what you're suggesting he do and that's why we lost the damn game. He didn't look to take the air out of the football. He didn't look to drop everyone back into deep 1/3s and avoid the big play. He kept passing the ball and sending heat and it kept time on the clock and allowed the Colts to make the big plays they needed to win the game.

We win that game if Andy Reid simply runs the ball up the gut, takes 40 seconds until the next snap, rinses, repeats, punts and goes into a bombshell on defense. And if we'd have done that, your dumb ass would've been in here complaining that he made it 'unnecessarily close...'

And to look at this season and blame him for tight final scores - are you kidding me with that shit? You mean in the game where we absolutely rolled the Steelers in the 2nd half and would've won by 20 had Conley not fumbled a ball away? Every single time someone makes an execution error, people ignore it and blame Reid for some dumb shit a player did. The guy throws a goddamn bomb from the 1 yard line but because he didn't do it on 2nd down as well "what a pussy! letting the Steelers back in the game!!!!"

The audacity of Andy Reid to punt the ball away up 21-7 after he had a bomb to Hill called that Mahomes overstepped into a sack. Followed by LDT committing a false start. Followed by Reid STILL dialing up a downfield route on 3rd down before the Steelers covered it up and Mahomes had to scramble. And then after the Steelers score and drive the ball to midfield, the chickenshit ran the ball on 2nd and 6 -- HOW DARE HE!!! It's his fault the blocking failed and we lost a yard. Then committed another False Start to face 3rd and 12. Then tried to....oh wait, we tried to throw again on 3rd and long but since it was incomplete and we had to punt again, ANDY LET THEM BACK IN THE GAME.

In summation - this is the dumbest goddamn argument I've ever had. Andy Reid came off the gas in a game where we threw for 6 fucking TDs and were still chucking deep balls from the 1 yard line and throwing to get downfield and score again before Conley fumbled. Dude dials up a pass play on 3rd when they're trying to run out the clock and I have to hear he let off the gas. There is literally not one single thing to complain about from Andy Reid in that game. Not a single damn thing.

You're a moron, man. I'm sorry - there's just no other word for it. If you are honest to God sitting here grousing about Reid then I just don't know what to tell you. This is just weapons grade stupidity on your part.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's all hindsight, of course, including the fact that Reid and Smith won in KC when there was little of that happening prior to their tenures. If that was all they did, it was great. The fact that Reid moved on to a better player cements his greatness.

People are correct to "blame" Reid; he made KC respectable again.
Some of us have been fans since 1980's. At some point, respectability, first round playoff losses, and retread QB's becomes a problem.

In hindsight, Reid deserves a ton of credit, because we ended up with Mahomes. Without Mahomes, this whole experiment is a failure.
[Reply]
FAX 12:59 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Some of us have been fans since 1980's. At some point, respectability, first round playoff losses, and retread QB's becomes a problem.

In hindsight, Reid deserves a ton of credit, because we ended up with Mahomes. Without Mahomes, this whole experiment is a failure.
But we did, so he didn't, and it isn't.

Still, predictive analysis is fraught with danger and those pesky "unknown unknowns".

In my worldview, the journey is 90% of the fun. Let's say that we do win the Super Bowl this year ... or next ... or in 2020. We'll just have to start all over the next season 0 and 0.

The cool thing about The Great Game is that every season, every game, every snap, every decision is a new beginning and an opportunity to achieve perfection.

I'm through with hindsight. From this point forward, I'm living in the Now.

FAX
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 09-20-2018

Pretty much, this fan base has every reason to always be pessimistic, hopefully this guy I've been waiting my whole life for can change all that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:01 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
They ran Wally out of town weeping and rending their garments about his "game management problem" and his "time management problem" after he'd resurrected that despicable franchise and made them more than merely respectable (in a very tough division). I mean, think about it ... Philly Bitches just booed their SB MVP in his first home game. They are bitches. From Philly. And we're parroting them?

Wally saved this franchise's ass. Pure and simple.

Sad that some fans don't recognize it or acknowledge it. Very sad, actually.

FAX
The entire franchise was a 2-month-old, used tampon.

Wally brought in AS11 to stabilize the club. And it worked. Wally got more out of AS11 than any other coach in Alex's career. Won our first playoff game since the invention of beer. On the road.

Brought us back from hell.

FAX
In his two stops in the NFL, Andy Reid has taken over 2 of the most moribound franchises in the league. His only two jobs were taking over 3-13 franchises. BOTH DAMN TIMES HE TOOK OVER THE TEAM WITH THE WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE!!!

And in both instances he transformed that squad into a playoff team almost immediately. It took him 1 damn season in KC and 2 in Philly. And they weren't flashes in the pan either - those were teams that were immediately set up to win long-term and did.

Seriously - dude took over 3-13 teams both stops and he has a whopping THREE losing seasons in 20 years. A coach can survive forever in this league by just going 8-8 every season. Winning 10 here and there gets you more rope but the league understands how damn difficult even winning half your games is and this dude wins 10/season like clockwork.

And I have to hear "he can't manage ballgames" as though he's just out there shitting games away every other week.

Oh, that's right - they're "unnecessarily close" so he must not be very good afterall.

Christ that is the single dumbest complaint I have ever heard in my life.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 09-20-2018
But we did, so he didn't, and it isn't.

Still, predictive analysis is fraught with danger and those pesky "unknown unknowns".

In my worldview, the journey is 90% of the fun. Let's say that we do win the Super Bowl this year ... or next ... or in 2020. We'll just have to start all over the next season 0 and 0.

The cool thing about The Great Game is that every season, every game, every snap, every decision is a new beginning and an opportunity to achieve perfection.

I'm through with hindsight. From this point forward, I'm living in the Now.

FAX
I appreciate and admire your optimism, Mr. FAX. I've been a Chiefs' fan all my life. I'm WAY too jaded for this kind of approach...
[Reply]
Mecca 01:04 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In his two stops in the NFL, Andy Reid has taken over 2 of the most moribound franchises in the league. His only two jobs were taking over 3-13 franchises. BOTH DAMN TIMES HE TOOK OVER THE TEAM WITH THE WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE!!!

And in both instances he transformed that squad into a playoff team almost immediately. It took him 1 damn season in KC and 2 in Philly. And they weren't flashes in the pan either - those were teams that were immediately set up to win long-term and did.

Seriously - dude took over 3-13 teams both stops and he has a whopping THREE losing seasons in 20 years. A coach can survive forever in this league by just going 8-8 every season. Winning 10 here and there gets you more rope but the league understands how damn difficult even winning half your games is and this dude wins 10/season like clockwork.

And I have to hear "he can't manage ballgames" as though he's just out there shitting games away every other week.

Oh, that's right - they're "unnecessarily close" so he must not be very good afterall.

I've already heard from some friends of mine that like other teams..."Doesn't matter how good Mahomes is, Andy Reid is your coach so his time management and playoff ineptitude is what will win in the end"
[Reply]
fan4ever 01:11 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As far as Reid as a gameday coach, he's one of the best.

Deferring at halftime: I watch CP idiots complain about that and quite frankly it's the better option by far. Belichick does it all the time. If executed properly it allows you to create a 14 point swing before the opposing team even has a chance to respond.

His clock management is waaaay overblown. I can see what he's attempting to do at the end of halves most of the time. But everything has to go according to plan, otherwise you're left with too little time. There's been very few instances in which i thought he didn't do a good job with the clock.
The best example I can think of is the way he handled the playoff game against New England. He let the clock wind down late in the fourth quarter despite the fact we needed to score TWICE...because "He didn't want Brady to have too much time on the clock." Master stroke.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:12 PM 09-20-2018
No worries now. With the qb we have we’ll never be behind
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:13 PM 09-20-2018

Who said he isn't good overall? Like I said, he's a brilliant coach and playcaller. He's the kind that can win you a lot of games which is better than being terrible. But he also has a very long history of making a big mistake in games that really matter.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:21 PM 09-20-2018

From where we were with Herm et al. to where we were with Reid and Alex was an incredible step in the right direction.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:21 PM 09-20-2018
See, this is what frustrates the hell out of me with the criticism of Reid - they ALWAYS tailor the griping to the outcome and in the end there's just no way for Reid to win.

One time - ONE time - his gameplan absolutely cost us a playoff game and that was the Colts disaster.

Reid did exactly what you're suggesting he do and that's why we lost the damn game. He didn't look to take the air out of the football. He didn't look to drop everyone back into deep 1/3s and avoid the big play. He kept passing the ball and sending heat and it kept time on the clock and allowed the Colts to make the big plays they needed to win the game.

We win that game if Andy Reid simply runs the ball up the gut, takes 40 seconds until the next snap, rinses, repeats, punts and goes into a bombshell on defense. And if we'd have done that, your dumb ass would've been in here complaining that he made it 'unnecessarily close...'

And to look at this season and blame him for tight final scores - are you kidding me with that shit? You mean in the game where we absolutely rolled the Steelers in the 2nd half and would've won by 20 had Conley not fumbled a ball away? Every single time someone makes an execution error, people ignore it and blame Reid for some dumb shit a player did. The guy throws a goddamn bomb from the 1 yard line but because he didn't do it on 2nd down as well "what a pussy! letting the Steelers back in the game!!!!"

The audacity of Andy Reid to punt the ball away up 21-7 after he had a bomb to Hill called that Mahomes overstepped into a sack. Followed by LDT committing a false start. Followed by Reid STILL dialing up a downfield route on 3rd down before the Steelers covered it up and Mahomes had to scramble. And then after the Steelers score and drive the ball to midfield, the chickenshit ran the ball on 2nd and 6 -- HOW DARE HE!!! It's his fault the blocking failed and we lost a yard. Then committed another False Start to face 3rd and 12. Then tried to....oh wait, we tried to throw again on 3rd and long but since it was incomplete and we had to punt again, ANDY LET THEM BACK IN THE GAME.

In summation - this is the dumbest goddamn argument I've ever had. Andy Reid came off the gas in a game where we threw for 6 ****ing TDs and were still chucking deep balls from the 1 yard line and throwing to get downfield and score again before Conley fumbled. Dude dials up a pass play on 3rd when they're trying to run out the clock and I have to hear he let off the gas. There is literally not one single thing to complain about from Andy Reid in that game. Not a single damn thing.

You're a moron, man. I'm sorry - there's just no other word for it. If you are honest to God sitting here grousing about Reid then I just don't know what to tell you. This is just weapons grade stupidity on your part.
It isn't one time. His team is NOTORIOUS for getting a lead, then altering his entire offensive and defensive gameplan into extreme "protect the lead" mode. Prevent defense. R2p2. An onslaught of quick passes and screens, and runs up the gut. Tell me if this sounds familiar. We lost big leads in Indy. In Pittsburgh. In San Diego this year. In Atlanta last year. We almost lost many more leads where we asked our defense to make huge stops at the end or cause critical turnovers in games that shouldn't have gotten that close.

Good grief. Every single damn person in this country except for a few people here recognize that Reid has flaws as a game manager. Don't sit here acting like this is just me. This was talked about WAY before he even became a chief. I'm hoping Reid gains enough confidence in mahomes that he won't resort to this. I'm optimistic he can change. But how can anyone not see that the guy is consistently bad at holding a lead?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:25 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
From where we were with Herm et al. to where we were with Reid and Alex was an incredible step in the right direction.
And I don't know many not acknowledging his brilliance as a coach. But so was Marty schottenheimer. Despite having one of the most electric offenses with rivers and ldt in San Diego and winning a shitload of regular season games, Marty still found a way to consistently lose playoff games. Brilliant coach, amazing turnaround story. But did that make him effective in the playoffs? Not at all.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:28 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And I don't know many not acknowledging his brilliance as a coach. But so was Marty schottenheimer. Despite having one of the most electric offenses with rivers and ldt in San Diego and winning a shitload of regular season games, Marty still found a way to consistently lose playoff games. Brilliant coach, amazing turnaround story. But did that make him effective in the playoffs? Not at all.
They fired him at something like 14-2 because, IIRC, his kicker blew some games. Have they been 14-2 since? I honestly don't know, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
FAX 01:29 PM 09-20-2018
You've made some serious allegations here, Mr. chiefzilla1501.

Very serious, indeed.

Let's look around the league at the number of "blown leads" and compare that number to Wally's resume. To start, how shall we define "blown leads"? 21 points? 14 points? 10? 3?

And how far back should we go? 10 years? 5? Wally's entire HC career?

Once we establish that, we can do the necessary research and figure out if this is an overblown narrative or factual evaluation. Deal?

FAX
[Reply]
Page 89 of 240
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up