« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:55 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
The day he was drafted I hated this pick. I very much wanted Christian Watson at 30. Watson has had drop issues, but that can be coached up. His combination of size and speed cannot be coached up.

But, I have come around to at least appreciating how he fits in the offense.

But, after watching lots of video on him, the one thing that stands out is his lack of competition. He has not played against NFL caliber corners, with a couple of exceptions.

Yes, his split time and footwork will get him separation initially, but will he be able to maintain that on down field routes.

Will his size hinder him on 50/50 balls?

His huge hands should help, but he doesn't really have an explosive vertical.

I am just going to trust that Reid already has a plan on how to use him and I WILL ALWAYS trust that any WR with even a little talent will be maximized by Mahomes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
You heard what Veach/scouts/Reid said (can't remember exactly who it was). They want guys who will run the right route each time and every time.

We've already got Hardman who doesn't run the right routes and can't even keep running the way Mahomes wants him to when the play breaks down. And those guys are still around.

I don't think they're interested in this "he needs to be coached up but look at the talent!!!!" shit anymore. Not until they get some reliable dudes in the WR ranks.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:00 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Used to hate the NFL's strict jersey numbering rules... but having a #24 be potentially a starting receiver is just weird.
Yeah. It went from, "Hey, we ran out of available numbers to give to our players at certain positions" to "Anybody can pick anything they fucking want."

That's like needing a meat tenderizer and instead using a sledge hammer. I mean... I guess the job got done...
[Reply]
staylor26 01:01 PM 05-01-2022
I think 24 looked great on Moore in college and I’m glad he kept it :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:04 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You heard what Veach/scouts/Reid said (can't remember exactly who it was). They want guys who will run the right route each time and every time.

We've already got Hardman who doesn't run the right routes and can't even keep running the way Mahomes wants him to when the play breaks down. And those guys are still around.

I don't think they're interested in this "he needs to be coached up but look at the talent!!!!" shit anymore. Not until they get some reliable dudes in the WR ranks.
We have all have seen this on the field from Mahomes. He hardly ever shows up a player except when a receiver doesn’t run the right route or screws the route up. I can see his point. Sometimes he has to throw passes before the receiver even makes the cut. Without that trust, you’re not getting the ball thrown your way.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:04 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think 24 looked great on Moore in college and I’m glad he kept it :-)
It's gonna get really weird seeing QBs wear anything 20 and above. It's going to happen. May have already happened and I just don't know about it.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:07 PM 05-01-2022
It's gonna get really weird seeing QBs wear anything 20 and above. It's going to happen. May have already happened and I just don't know about it.
Didn’t Mac Jones have a weird fucking number in TC/preseason last year?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:10 PM 05-01-2022

So, I guess I missed the part of all the scouting reports that said Watson was too dumb to learn a play book, and consistently ran the wrong routes in college.

Tony Gonzalez, arguably the best TE in history, led the league in drops at one point in his career. Hard work and coaching to improve a receivers hands isn't voodoo, or too much work for a professional coaching staff.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:31 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
So, I guess I missed the part of all the scouting reports that said Watson was too dumb to learn a play book, and consistently ran the wrong routes in college.
No, but Watson was always more a projection pick based on athletic talent rather than a potential day 1 starter. And it's the latter we needed more.

Skyy just looks the part of a professional receiver. I think we have another Super Bowl victory if we had him on the team last year playing Pringle's snaps.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:05 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This guy is a fucking dynamite pick. He WILL he productive and is the perfect fit for the Andy Reid offense. Will be a monster on intermediate routes and churn our 1st downs while having big play ability.

This coming from someone who did NOT like the Hardman pick because Hardman doesn't have the skills or ability to run good routes and make good enough cuts.

We are on the same page with this guy & Hardman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:08 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's going for 800 yards THIS year and is going to make Mecole Hardman sad.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:43 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Steelers have a better offense than we do. . now. .

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 03:38 PM 05-01-2022
I hope this guy works out, I was kinda wishing for a trade up and grab Jameson and we'd be set at WR for the future. But combined with the other picks if Moore can step up and be a legit Wr2 guy I'll be happy. The one pick I'm not super thrilled about is Cook
[Reply]
emaw1979 04:38 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
horrible horrible.

Like, George Pickens had a drop rate of a little over 2%. Best in the nation. Skyy was second best with 3%.

Watson was like 17%
That’s not a accurate. Watson was 12.5% which was ballooned up during the covid shortened season where it was 22% on less that 20 catches or something. He done any have Watson/Pickens hands but to say his hands are horrible is very short sighted.
[Reply]
emaw1979 04:42 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I think Skyy can play X reciever, but not full time. He ran a stop and go on a guy one game from the X and had about two or three steps on the guy after he did it. I don't think there is a spot he can't play. Simply put, his game may best suited on the inside. Though he played a ton on the outside in college. When he's in space you're in trouble.

The only thing about his game I had a problem with is his top gear isn't next level. He is fast but he doesn't just pull away from guys. But if he was faster he had went off the board before pick 20 like several others did.
He played X last year but the MAC is like 4 steps away from NFL level CB imo. The X is almost always lined up against the best CB and on the line of scrimmage. I know he did great getting off the line against MAC CBs but I’m not sure if he has the body to do it against Elite CBs.

Almost everything I’ve read says he projects as a slot WR that can play the Z. And I agree, I don’t see his 40 time on the field like you do with Tyreek or ever Hardman.
[Reply]
O.city 07:37 AM 05-02-2022
"He's to small to play WR"

How ****ing big do you guys think NFL Wr's are? I mean 6 foot is about the norm. He's what, 5'10?

This also isn't like the Lions or the Bears taking this guy. It's Andy and KC. Obviously he knows WR's pretty well.

CP is the only place that doesn't love this pick. What am I missing?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 280
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up