ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Spott 04:11 PM 12-01-2022

First trailer just released.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:35 PM 08-08-2023
Finally saw this; the animal experimentation was hard to watch yet necessary for the story to understand the big bad evil villain and the anger Rocket has. Not like we haven't done bad things to animals and each other in the name of 'progress'.

Even with the dark tone of the movie, it was good to throw a few laughs in with Drax. Otherwise, this is just pretty dark. They gave Mantis a bit of an arc; her character never really got a lot of treatment. Not quite as good as the first however much better than the second. And yes, it was good to have a standalone movie that didn't require watching the Disney TV series.

Adam was pretty much a wasted opportunity to explore the Sovereign in more detail.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:52 PM 08-08-2023
I've seen multiple posts about the animal experimentation being "hard to watch." It's a fictional movie for God's sake.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:04 PM 08-08-2023
It was a good send off of the MCU really. Gunn showed Watiti how to do a darker movie with a somewhat comedic tone. No one came off as dumb or saying a joke to just say a joke.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:28 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It was a good send off of the MCU really. Gunn showed Watiti how to do a darker movie with a somewhat comedic tone. No one came off as dumb or saying a joke to just say a joke.
Yeah, I will give Watiti one more chance but if he puts out another garbage movie like he did in that last Thor movie.. I will pretty much write him off.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:41 PM 08-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yeah, I will give Watiti one more chance but if he puts out another garbage movie like he did in that last Thor movie.. I will pretty much write him off.
One more chance... maybe... once it gets to Disney+
[Reply]
Nixhex 07:31 AM 08-09-2023
They always do a great job incorporating music into these movies. This one was no different. I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:40 AM 08-09-2023
Finally caught this one, good movie, did a really nice job wrapping up the original cast story arcs and setting up the new players going forward.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:15 AM 08-09-2023
Great movie, the casting was great. Music was great. Action was great....

GoTG might be one of the most COMPLETE start to finish quality series MCU has ever had.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:38 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
They always do a great job incorporating music into these movies. This one was no different. I enjoyed it.
I love Reasons by Earth, Wind and Fire but that one stuck out like a sore thumb to me
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:36 AM 08-21-2023
We still have about an hour left but I assume the animal experiments are done. All I can think is, that’s it? That’s what was supposed to be hard to watch?

As for the movie it’s decent to this point. First Marvel movie or content we’ve watched since Spider Man and Dr. Strange so I have no idea how we got to this point with the characters but it doesn’t seem to matter.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 04:47 PM 08-21-2023
Finally watched this yesterday. Overall, give it a B. Nothing out of this world, but worth the watch.

I didn't look before the movie, but it was longer than I expected. I felt like it drug on at certain points.

At one point we had to pause the movie to get dinner handled and I was like "yikes, we still have an hour left." But that last hour was really good.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:00 PM 08-21-2023
Yeah. I really like this movie still but can't argue it could've used a good trimming. Honestly probably could've done without that whole Orgocorp trip.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:07 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Yeah. I really like this movie still but can't argue it could've used a good trimming. Honestly probably could've done without that whole Orgocorp trip.
BUT HOW ELSE WOULD WE SEE MANTIS TRICKING MEN INTO BEING INFATUATED WITH DRAX??!?!?!? COMEDY GOLD I TELL YOU! AND WHERE WOULD WE PUT NATHAN FILLION?!?!?!?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:46 AM 08-22-2023
Loved just about every minute of it. These characters meant a lot to James Gunn, and I'm happy they got a proper send off, even if this was a bit too Rocket-centric.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:51 PM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We still have about an hour left but I assume the animal experiments are done. All I can think is, that’s it? That’s what was supposed to be hard to watch?

As for the movie it’s decent to this point. First Marvel movie or content we’ve watched since Spider Man and Dr. Strange so I have no idea how we got to this point with the characters but it doesn’t seem to matter.
Probably the same people that bawled over a movie about children's toys. People are weird
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up