ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2137 of 4844
« First < 1137163720372087212721332134213521362137 213821392140214121472187223726373137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:17 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
One thing you cant have as a GM...is have 1st/2nd round picks consistently leaving without a 2nd contract.

Right now...it appears Roby, Ray and Bolles arent getting one...along with Lynch and Williams. That's every 1st rounder since 2013. Chubb might break the cycle...but i dont think he's going to be as dominant as Donk fans predicted.

That's along with 2nd rounders...Sambrailo, Ball, Latimer and Osweiler.

What ever the case...the one constant is their assistant coaches failure to develop players...Horseface has been terrible in that regard.
True or False:

Elway drafted the championship defense of 2015. That's what the donkey throws out when you accuse Elfraud of sucking at drafting.

Clarity, please.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:13 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
True or False:

Elway drafted the championship defense of 2015. That's what the donkey throws out when you accuse Elfraud of sucking at drafting.

Clarity, please.
Snopes says 'partly true'...
[Reply]
New World Order 10:17 PM 10-12-2018
The entire offense was pretty much formed through FA (Manning FA, Sanders FA, Thomas was drafted by Mcdaniels).

Elway stumbled ass backwards into Harris and without FA Talib and Ward that secondary would look like it does now. They have also yet to find a consistent rusher opposite of Von like they had with Ware (also a FA).
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:20 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Snopes says 'partly true'...
Yet in another post, Donkey says that Von Miller is the only defensive draftee of Elfraud with any lasting pedigree?...

Seems the fans are somewhat confused.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:23 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The entire offense was pretty much formed through FA (Manning FA, Sanders FA, Thomas was drafted by Mcdaniels).

Elway stumbled ass backwards into Harris and without FA Talib and Ward that secondary would look like it does now. They have also yet to find a consistent rusher opposite of Von like they had with Ware (also a FA).
Ward and Talib were FA?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:25 PM 10-12-2018
Ward and Talib were FA?
Correct... believe they were even on the same flight to Denver when they signed. It was beautiful.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:30 PM 10-12-2018
The answers to all of your questions are easy to find... I believe all the Defensive draft picks were 2011 or beyond, so Elway guys.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...015_roster.htm

2015 Roster
Offensive starters drafted by Denver = 5
Defensive starters drafted by Denver = 5 + 2 UDFA's that never played for another team prior, so those count all the same.

22 starters and 12 drafted/UDFA starters... 10 va FA.

Those 10 = Manning, Sanders, O Daniels, E Mathis, L Vasquez, B Marshall, Ware, Talib, Ward
Ware, Talib and Ward with Wade made them badass. That is what FA is for...

Carry on.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:52 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Firing an inept head coach is one thing. Replacing him with a good one is quite another.

Yes, firing the bad one is always the first step, but if you've got stink on you as a GM, it can be very difficult to remove it in the head coach hiring process.

Pioli was so putrid and awful to his head coaching candidates that nobody good wanted to apply. He also narrowed the field to just "his" Parcells/Patriot guys, or people who thought like them.

Elway seems to at least cast his net pretty wide and isn't married to one system or coaching tree over another. The problem is establishing that culture every time you hire a new guy.

If he hires another first time head coach like he did with Joseph, he better damn well be sure about his choice. Those kinds of candidates seems really sexy on the surface because they're new, fresh, and unknown, but there are far more Vance Josephs lurking about than there are Sean McVays.
I'll admit it; in lieu of hiring a proven mega-coach( Reid ), I like the new blood hires. I suppose the idea is to bring those guys in at the bottom and move them up but the way they move around from team to team, how are you supposed to truly "groom" these guys for the long haul?

And I understand the risk-averse philosophy of most if not all teams when it comes to coaching, but at the same time, it's similar to drafting a QB; nothing ventured, nothing gained. The fallout is about as deadly if things don't go well too, so we'll probably see less of that kind of hire as time goes by.
I wouldn't want a Vance Joseph either....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:24 AM 10-13-2018
I'll admit it; in lieu of hiring a proven mega-coach( Reid ), I like the new blood hires. I suppose the idea is to bring those guys in at the bottom and move them up but the way they move around from team to team, how are you supposed to truly "groom" these guys for the long haul?

And I understand the risk-averse philosophy of most if not all teams when it comes to coaching, but at the same time, it's similar to drafting a QB; nothing ventured, nothing gained. The fallout is about as deadly if things don't go well too, so we'll probably see less of that kind of hire as time goes by.
I wouldn't want a Vance Joseph either....
I'd much rather hire an up and comer rather than a guy like Fisher or Gruden... the league is littered with those guys, as well as the Fox's, the Kubiaks... I'd much rather give a new name a shot and see what happens. More often than not, you know what you've got with the retread coach.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 10-13-2018
I’d look at Lincoln Riley pretty hard.

Draft a qb early, blow up the old vets and rebuild.

If Denver loses much more would any of you guys entertain trading pieces? Like sanders or Thomas or some of the defense?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:04 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

If Denver loses much more would any of you guys entertain trading pieces? Like sanders or Thomas or some of the defense?
Who is trading anything of value for either one of those WRs? Their cap hits next year kill that notion.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:07 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who is trading anything of value for either one of those WRs? Their cap hits next year kill that notion.
Only one of those two has anything left in the tank anyway...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:13 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

Hard to think he’d bail on OU after only 2 seasons as HC.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:29 AM 10-13-2018
Broncos are gonna get destroyed by LAR, and I can see them losing their next 3 games. Heading into the bye week VJ should get fired and the Broncos should start Kelly at QB.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:34 AM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I'd much rather hire an up and comer rather than a guy like Fisher or Gruden... the league is littered with those guys, as well as the Fox's, the Kubiaks... I'd much rather give a new name a shot and see what happens. More often than not, you know what you've got with the retread coach.
I’d hire Jim Caldwell at HC and start Kelly at QB (in this off season, going into next season) Hire an excellent DC.

As of now, trade DT and Ray if possible, before the trade deadline, now. Fire VJ and let Musgrave be the interim HC.
[Reply]
Page 2137 of 4844
« First < 1137163720372087212721332134213521362137 213821392140214121472187223726373137 > Last »
Up