ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3680 of 3903
« First < 2680318035803630367036763677367836793680 3681368236833684369037303780 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
penguinz 01:28 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
No, I'm not doing your Google for you. Copy / paste then click the search button.

It's relevance has to do with why people are hesitant to get the vaccine. Would you bind yourself to a legal agreement under those terms?

And people shoving their morals down others throats are not quiet as responsible but it's close.
This translates to being clueless and just repeating what was read in a meme on facebook or twitter.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:32 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm wondering if we'll get to the point where unvaccinated covid patients will move down the waiting list. I realize that the health system has an ethical obligation to treat the sickest patients first, but when you have a huge group of people who are sick by choice, I would argue that the ethical thing is to let them wait for the people who didn't choose to get sick.
They don’t necessarily treat the sickest patients first. In times of limited resources the sickest patients may receive no treatment if it is too dire. The sickest patients who are most likely to get better with treatment go to the front of the line. I know that’s not exactly what you are talking about though.
[Reply]
Fish 01:33 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I can't imagine they're willing to pay now.
Up until very recently, most insurance companies were providing covid testing and treatment and waiving payment or capping payment. Pretty much all of them have now ended that. Covid vaccine will likely soon invoke an insurance penalty like smoking does since it's not seen as preventable.

Don’t Want a Vaccine? Be Prepared to Pay More for Insurance.

[...]

Getting hospitalized with Covid-19 in the United States typically generates huge bills. Those submitted by Covid patients to the NPR-Kaiser Health News Bill of the Month project include a $17,000 bill for a brief hospital stay in Marietta, Ga. (reduced to about $4,000 for an uninsured patient under a charity-care policy); a $104,000 bill for a 14-day hospitalization in Miami for an uninsured person; possibly hundreds of thousands for a two-week hospital stay — some of it on a ventilator — for a foreign tourist in Hawaii whose travel health insurance contained a pandemic exclusion.

Even though insurance companies negotiate lower prices and cover much of the cost of care, a more than $1,000 out-of-pocket bill for a deductible — plus more for copays and possibly some out-of-network care — should be a pretty scary incentive.

In 2020, before there were Covid-19 vaccines, most major private insurers waived patient payments — from coinsurance to deductibles — for Covid treatment. But many, if not most, have allowed that policy to lapse. Aetna, for example, ended that policy on Feb. 28; UnitedHealthcare began rolling back its waivers late last year and discontinued them by the end of March.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:36 PM 08-23-2021

The protest actually wasn't a walkout, they were off the clock, so this is pretty funny coming from the "no lie" news source with "no disinformation" https://t.co/gu5IBO4a6H

— Josh Barro (@jbarro) August 23, 2021

We did not walk out. We came together before dawn to share a common message that masks and vaccinations are important. Then we all went to work. @MSNBC this is a falsehood

— Dr. Sara Connolly (@DrSaraVoteKids) August 23, 2021

The media blows.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:44 PM 08-23-2021
I preface this question with the info that I'm not antivax & I'm not specifically against the Covid vaccine although I have not had it yet. Initially I felt like I should wait because I am not considered high risk and I wanted to make sure people like my dad, my sister & my son - people who really needed it - were able to get it. Then I got Covid & recovered - so I figured I had the antibodies so I didn't really need to get it.

But, I'm heading to get it this week and apparently I have a choice of which to get. I had intended to get the Moderna because that's what all of my family has had, but with the Pfizer getting FDA approval it got me wondering if there was really a benefit to one over the other. Just looking for some input if you feel one would be better to get over the other.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:47 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

The media blows.

For sure. I can’t imagine physicians being OK with the optic that they abandoned their patients. Not to mention ethically they could not do it.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:51 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I preface this question with the info that I'm not antivax & I'm not specifically against the Covid vaccine although I have not had it yet. Initially I felt like I should wait because I am not considered high risk and I wanted to make sure people like my dad, my sister & my son - people who really needed it - were able to get it. Then I got Covid & recovered - so I figured I had the antibodies so I didn't really need to get it.

But, I'm heading to get it this week and apparently I have a choice of which to get. I had intended to get the Moderna because that's what all of my family has had, but with the Pfizer getting FDA approval it got me wondering if there was really a benefit to one over the other. Just looking for some input if you feel one would be better to get over the other.
For most practical purposes, they're essentially the same. There has been SOME evidence that Moderna is a tiny bit more effective against Delta (on the scale of 90% vs. 95%), but Pfizer has been more fully vetted at this point (technically), so if you have any safety concerns, that's a nudge that direction.

But really, both of them are wildly effective and are both in widespread use with no major issues, so I'd personally go with whatever is most convenient. If the provider you want to go with offers both, I guess I'd go with Pfizer just because it's officially been put through the wringer at this point.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:02 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For most practical purposes, they're essentially the same. There has been SOME evidence that Moderna is a tiny bit more effective against Delta (on the scale of 90% vs. 95%), but Pfizer has been more fully vetted at this point (technically), so if you have any safety concerns, that's a nudge that direction.

But really, both of them are wildly effective and are both in widespread use with no major issues, so I'd personally go with whatever is most convenient. If the provider you want to go with offers both, I guess I'd go with Pfizer just because it's officially been put through the wringer at this point.
Thanks. I don't have any safety concerns with either, just wondered if there was a case to be made for one over the other.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:13 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, I'll help I suppose. The article is from December 16, 2020. You're re-hashing arguments that are 9 months old. Ironically, the news today makes it more likely that there could be liability protections moving forward, which makes your posting it as if it's new news misleading and irrelevant.
I'm not sure how this being 9 months old makes it any less true or relevant today when someone points out why people are hesitant about the vaccines.

Thats some strange logic you are using.
[Reply]
Otter 02:19 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
This translates to being clueless and just repeating what was read in a meme on facebook or twitter.
I guess I assumed the CNBC reference in the quote was obvious.

My bad. :-)
[Reply]
sedated 02:28 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm wondering if we'll get to the point where unvaccinated covid patients will move down the waiting list. I realize that the health system has an ethical obligation to treat the sickest patients first, but when you have a huge group of people who are sick by choice, I would argue that the ethical thing is to let them wait for the people who didn't choose to get sick.
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think many would have a problem with that. Those folks should own the risk.

I saw a conversation about this in DC (although I can't find it now) and obviously it did not go over well in that crowd. I think the argument was that why aren't we doing that for other groups like smokers and obese.

I believe the common term for this line of thinking is "slippery slope"
[Reply]
jdubya 02:29 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I care because my grandmother has been needing a hernia surgery for over year, and it keeps getting delayed longer and longer because the hospital doesn't have enough staff to do non-emergency elective surgeries. Because the hospital has been full of idiots who didn't think they needed a vaccine, but immediately rushed to the hospital once they caught covid. When their preventable ignorance starts effecting my family, yeah I give a shit...
Sounds like she has a horrible medical plan/group.. Maybe you should find her a better plan?
[Reply]
jdubya 02:31 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
They don’t necessarily treat the sickest patients first. In times of limited resources the sickest patients may receive no treatment if it is too dire. The sickest patients who are most likely to get better with treatment go to the front of the line. I know that’s not exactly what you are talking about though.
Yep, its called triage.....vax cards make no difference
[Reply]
penguinz 02:31 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Sounds like she has a horrible medical plan/group.. Maybe you should find her a better plan?
So getting a better medical plan will all of a sudden free up rooms and staff in her local hospitals?
[Reply]
penguinz 02:33 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I guess I assumed the CNBC reference in the quote was obvious.

My bad. :-)
Maybe you should just reference your quote next time. Stop being a lazy bitch.
[Reply]
Page 3680 of 3903
« First < 2680318035803630367036763677367836793680 3681368236833684369037303780 > Last »
Up