ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Predator being feminized
Hammock Parties 08:56 AM 11-12-2021
Just fucking terrific. Woke idiots.

The "Predator" franchise is getting a prequel titled "Prey."

“Set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, the action-thriller follows Naru, the skilled warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.” https://t.co/1zFJf5A5Me pic.twitter.com/k2R0iPEPrI

— Variety (@Variety) November 12, 2021

[Reply]
listopencil 09:04 AM 11-12-2021
Meh. It's a dumb franchise. They could make the lead into a trans POC and it wouldn't matter. Still dumb. At least they're going a different route than Fast And Furious number eleventy brazillion or whatever.
[Reply]
Fish 09:24 AM 11-12-2021
A female Commanche warrior huh? Sounds totally authentic...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:27 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
A female Commanche warrior huh? Sounds totally authentic...
Aside from the absolutely awful casting decision...

...did they even have female warriors? :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:32 AM 11-12-2021
Predator vs indians actually sounds pretty damn cool, but of course then they go ahead and ruin it with a "strong and fierce" female lead :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:33 AM 11-12-2021
I've always loved the Predator franchise, even some of the installments that were panned like AvP and Predators. The latest The Predator was absolute garbage so if they can just put together a decent film this time, I'll be happy.

I don't give a shit if the lead is a woman, gay, or trans... Actually, why do we give a shit about that anyway? I don't believe 15th century France had female warriors but that didn't stop us from telling the story of Joan of Arc.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:36 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Predator vs indians actually sounds pretty damn cool,
Agreed. They've teased that sort of thing a couple times: once back in Predator 2 with the flintlock pistol and then again with the Yakuza fighting the Pred with the katana in Predators. I'd love to see a Predator in feudal Japan or America during the Civil War or American Revolution.

Originally Posted by :
but of course then they go ahead and ruin it with a "strong and fierce" female lead :-)
How does that ruin it? You haven't even seen the movie yet.
[Reply]
notorious 09:36 AM 11-12-2021
Aliens was feminizing before it was cool.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:38 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Aliens was feminizing before it was cool.
And Terminator!

Having a strong female lead has never been an issue. If the movie is good, that shit won't matter.

Hell, The Predator's cast was full of tough dudes and that movie was terrible.
[Reply]
notorious 09:41 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
And Terminator!

Having a strong female lead has never been an issue. If the movie is good, that shit won't matter.

Hell, The Predator's cast was full of tough dudes and that movie was terrible.
Yep. Girls as a strong lead can be great as long as they keep it within reason.

There hasn't been a decent Predator film since Danny Glovers lisping ass ran all over LA.

[Reply]
Mennonite 09:42 AM 11-12-2021
"Hey, Billy! The other day, I went up to my squaw, I said, "Y'know I'd like a little pussy". She said, "Me too, mine's as big as a teepee!"

"Bunch of slack jawed cisgender palefaces around here. This stuff will turn you into a Great Spirit damned pansexual buffalo, just like #MeToo."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:43 AM 11-12-2021
You idiots. The reason the original Predator worked so well is because the biggest strongest brute in all of Hollywood was out there getting his ass kicked by a Predator.

That showed what a fucking threat the Predator was.

Putting some little pixie out there doesn't have the same effect.

This is a horrible fucking idea.

What's next? Rockina vs Dragqueeno?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:47 AM 11-12-2021
Predator vs Queen Latifah as The Equalizer

boxing scene trailer
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:48 AM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Agreed. They've teased that sort of thing a couple times: once back in Predator 2 with the flintlock pistol and then again with the Yakuza fighting the Pred with the katana in Predators. I'd love to see a Predator in feudal Japan or America during the Civil War or American Revolution.

How does that ruin it? You haven't even seen the movie yet.
I guess it all depends how they write her character, if she's Ripley thats one thing... but if she's some ultra badass like Ronda Rousey in one of her shit movies, its gonna ruin it IMO
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:51 AM 11-12-2021
You know the real villain of the story will be a white dude, right? We'll get the obligatory "fierce and valid" ass kicking heroine, but we'll also be treated to a heap of "white people are the devil!" shit, too.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up