ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 120
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Isnt the NHL season about as many games as the Cardinals have played so far?

Cardinals have been bad all year and guys that were putting up MVP numbers like Gorman are starting to remember they dont actually hit for average and strike out 30%+ of the time.
Lol, so you’re saying that there’s still a chance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This looks exactly how the STL Blues began the 2019 season, before they turned into the around and won the Stanley Cup.
The Blues changed goalies and for the 2nd half of the season got Vezina trophy caliber play from Binner to drag the team out of the hole.

Something tells me that we're not gonna find a CY caliber pitcher. Let along a CY caliber pitcher who pitches 4 games out of 5.

There's not really a comparison here.

I wonder how far back the Miracle Mets were in June?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:40 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Blues changed goalies and for the 2nd half of the season got Vezina trophy caliber play from Binner to drag the team out of the hole.

Something tells me that we're not gonna find a CY caliber pitcher. Let along a CY caliber pitcher who pitches 4 games out of 5.

Lol, DJ, you're not doing a very good job of selling me on the idea that I should watch the Cards this season.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:48 PM 06-15-2023

If only Oli were Gil Hodges and anyone in the rotation could pitch like Seaver, McGraw or Ryan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, DJ, you're not doing a very good job of selling me on the idea that I should watch the Cards this season.
Money's the only thing this ownership group cares about. Hit 'em in the wallet and they may actually give a shit.

I'm trying to convince as many as possible that they SHOULDN'T be watching this shit-show of an organization.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 AM 06-18-2023
Money's the only thing this ownership group cares about. Hit 'em in the wallet and they may actually give a shit.

I'm trying to convince as many as possible that they SHOULDN'T be watching this shit-show of an organization.
I dont think not watching games is a good option. They already have the guaranteed money from TV. Maybe in 3-4 years at contractual renewal time, maybe it moves the needle.

Butts in the seats is the motivator for change. A Half empty stadium for home games will move the needle. Hits Dewitt where he seems to care the most, in the wallet.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:24 AM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I dont think not watching games is a good option. They already have the guaranteed money from TV. Maybe in 3-4 years at contractual renewal time, maybe it moves the needle.

Butts in the seats is the motivator for change. A Half empty stadium for home games will move the needle. Hits Dewitt where he seems to care the most, in the wallet.
They know their viewership numbers, though. Even if it doesn't hurt them now, they know it lowers their leverage when the next TV deal comes around.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:51 AM 06-18-2023
Ive had fuck all to do the last 4 days and i still cant bring myself to watch them anymore.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:26 PM 06-18-2023
Something positive. May be the first positive post this year in here.

Jordan Walker since being recalled:

.327/.407/.558 (.965 OPS) 3 HR 7 RBI

With his father in the crowd, Jordan Walker homers and extends his hitting streak to 11 games.

There is a short list of #stlcards who have multiple 10+ game hitting streaks in the same season at the age of 21 or younger. They are:

Rogers Hornsby
Albert Pujols
Jordan Walker

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) June 18, 2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:37 PM 06-18-2023
Fire Derek Shelton
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:33 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Fire Derek Shelton
I don’t know who that is but if he is making personnel decisions, works in the front office, agreed, fire his ass. All of them.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:27 AM 06-19-2023

At this point, the Cardinals would have to finish the year with a better win percentage than 2022 just to get to .500. Even with how terrible this division is, the winner is still going to be in the upper 80's and the wildcard is even further out of reach.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
At this point, the Cardinals would have to finish the year with a better win percentage than 2022 just to get to .500. Even with how terrible this division is, the winner is still going to be in the upper 80's and the wildcard is even further out of reach.
The absolute thing that can't happen. Miss the playoffs or the division by less than 5 games and nothing changes. They need to sell at the tradeline. Quit using the outdated pitch to contact approach.

Goldy and Arenado are our best players. But, Goldy only has one year and I'd bet Mo lied to Arenado about improving the club. We can get some starting pitching for next year or the next. We have plenty of players to plug in at 1st and 3rd. They wont be as good but its a trade off.

But, unless Mo's gone, its just be more of the same.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:33 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

You're just trying to justify watching the games, which is fine. They know how many people watch, they know what the next deal looks like if people stop watching. it's important.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:23 AM 06-24-2023
This London game is kind of cool. Olympic Stadium how they move the seats around is crazy to fit a baseball field in a track/soccer stadium.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 120
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Up