ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever had to kick their kid out of the house?
Mecca 12:26 PM 10-26-2021
My step son is veering dangerously close to this. His mom is already wanting him out...is there even remotely a good way to go about this?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:54 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dude she would like to strangle him..he's a giant piece of shit to her all the time.

This is all you needed to say about the situation honestly.

You know what must be done.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:56 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Secretly call multiple military recruiters and give them all of you stepson’s contact info. Wait. Hope. Dreams do come true.
After school he told us he was joining the air force...it was a lie to get people off his back.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:59 PM 10-26-2021
When he was 16 we basically had to be on it because we lived in the same house...were not in it now cause I wanted remove yet the agent was like the company knows your his parent so you get that bill.

It's bullshit.
Maybe I am not reading you righ., But, the insurance company sent you a bill, on a policy you are not on and they told you are liable for it. Family relation has nothing to do with it at that point. You were no longer on the policy, correct? I don't see how that falls on you shoulders.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:02 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Maybe I am not reading you righ., But, the insurance company sent you a bill, on a policy you are not on and they told you are liable for it. Family relation has nothing to do with it at that point. You were no longer on the policy, correct? I don't see how that falls on you shoulders.
Yea it's something I have to get cleared up, I'm pretty sure they think we're in his policy when we're not or something got fucked up.

Still the point is his reaction was not on.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 01:03 PM 10-26-2021
You need to make it uncomfortable (comfort wise) to live there, take away anything that you are paying for (wi-fi, food, clothes etc). Give him a jar of peanut butter and some white bread, don't do his laundry, set curfews so that he wants to GTFO.
If you just want him to straighten up and fly right at home make clear what is expected behavior wise from him and make sure he knows that you will evict him if he deviates from it. If he doesn't want to live by your rules then...
Give him X amount of days to leave and if he doesn't, tell him you will serve eviction papers on him and then follow through. Get in contact with your local mental health folks to help find a place suitable for him if he does suffer from mental health problems.
Good luck, it wont be easy for/on you and your wife.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:04 PM 10-26-2021
If you're going to kick him out you should understand that this ending well for him is unlikely. And you have to be ok with that.

He's not going to get kicked out and all of a sudden grow up and stop being a shit head. If anything he'll get heavier into weed/booze etc, resent you and his mother (mostly you) and maybe spiral further out of control.

He'll likely only be somewhat out of your life. He'll complain about how ya'll dont love him, how this is ya'll's fault, he'll guilt trip you and call you to bail him out everytime he puts himself in a fucked situation.

So while he'll be out of the house and you don't have to deal with him on a daily basis, you're really just trading one se of problems for another.
[Reply]
-King- 01:05 PM 10-26-2021
Nope, he goes through them like butter cause he won't get up. I got him a job making 17 an hour with lots of OT available lasted 2 weeks...

Yet he has bills, he's maxed credit cards, won't liscense his car, is driving with no insurance.
How does he have maxed out credit cards at 19? Wouldn't he need a co-signer to get them?
[Reply]
notorious 01:07 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I would have destroyed that insurance company over the phone.

They have zero grounds to touch a relative unless we are not getting the whole story.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:07 PM 10-26-2021
Time for the ole heave ho. Doesn't sound like he'll get his shit together until he's forced to.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:08 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
How does he have maxed out credit cards at 19? Wouldn't he need a co-signer to get them?
I got my first credit card at 19. It was a crappy $500 limit with Capital One.

I believe a lot of retail stores will approve younger folks as well.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:08 PM 10-26-2021
Knock his head off his shoulders thatll straighten him up
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:10 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If you're going to kick him out you should understand that this ending well for him is unlikely. And you have to be ok with that.

He's not going to get kicked out and all of a sudden grow up and stop being a shit head. If anything he'll get heavier into weed/booze etc, resent you and his mother (mostly you) and maybe spiral further out of control.

He'll likely only be somewhat out of your life. He'll complain about how ya'll dont love him, how this is ya'll's fault, he'll guilt trip you and call you to bail him out everytime he puts himself in a ****ed situation.

So while he'll be out of the house and you don't have to deal with him on a daily basis, you're really just trading one se of problems for another.
Maybe, but problems at a distance are always better than problems up close.
[Reply]
-King- 01:10 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I got my first credit card at 19. It was a crappy $500 limit with Capital One.

I believe a lot of retail stores will approve younger folks as well.
I think I did too, but I also had a job that I'd had since I was 16 and had been an authorized user on my mom's card since then too.

I don't see how a teenager who doesn't hold down jobs would be able to get multiple credit cards. Maybe 1 but if you max it out and you don't have any income, how do get more without a co-signer?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:11 PM 10-26-2021
Yea it's something I have to get cleared up, I'm pretty sure they think we're in his policy when we're not or something got fucked up.

Still the point is his reaction was not on.
You're never going to be able to control his actions. So don't even think about them.

Tell him to pay the bill and kick rocks. And be done with it. He is an adult now. He gets pulled over and gets a ticket for expired insurance. Oh well, on him. He gets in a wreck with no insurance, oh well, on him. Those are life experiences one can learn from. Being kicked out onto the street with the colder months coming up, with no means to support himself with proper shelter I don't see how any of that could help.

Parenting don't stop at 18. Not saying you need to hold their hand. But what real good has come from sending someone out onto the streets ever really done for any one other than getting them out of your hair.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:11 PM 10-26-2021
My step son is veering dangerously close to this. His mom is already wanting him out...is there even remotely a good way to go about this?
His mom wants him gone?

And you started this thread first??
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up