ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:56 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think Dunlap is still available
I would too. He might be asking for too much money. If he lowers his price sign me up.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:59 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
It does add up. Houston was milking KC and wasn't playing hard. He had "something to prove" in Indy. Even then, his stats have declined from his first year in Indy to his second year, right? He is also NOWHERE NEAR the player he was before the injury. Right? He is over 30, right? Ingram might play OK after his injury, but I bet it's also the beginning of his decline. Anyway, if KC signs him, one of us will get to say,"I told you so." I hope it's you.
Declined? 11 sacks for a team lead by a garbage qb to 8 sacks in a team that went to the playoffs is hardly bad is it? :-) the fact is he had injury issues and was 30 when he left and then ge turned it all around in Indy. Last season was a one off for Ingram injury and stats wise so that's why it's not impossible for him to have a big year in KC if he signs imo.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:04 PM 03-20-2021
If we're not going to get one of the tackles we targeted in FA, then we need to get a pass rusher in FA. We can't go into the draft needing to find an edge and a LT.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:17 PM 03-20-2021
Why don't we just bring Justin Houston home?
[Reply]
Iconic 01:41 PM 03-20-2021
Lol it would be fucking dope to see Houston come back on a discount to try and win a ring with us
[Reply]
GayFrogs 01:56 PM 03-20-2021
I remember Houston being washed up by about 2016
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:07 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
I remember Houston being washed up by about 2016
37.5 sacks in 4 years is washed up?
[Reply]
notorious 02:47 PM 03-20-2021
Houston disappeared in big games.

Ingram has never played in one.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:38 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That’s awfully premature.
Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on fucking RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as fuck don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I've tried to defend the pick to some extent in the past because of the level the offense was at and what a good RB could have done for the team. It proved to be a bad thought process and I should have stuck to my guns. You just don't get appreciably better production out of a 1st round RB as you do a later-round RB.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:41 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on ****ing RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as **** don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I've tried to defend the pick to some extent in the past because of the level the offense was at and what a good RB could have done for the team. It proved to be a bad thought process and I should have stuck to my guns. You just don't get appreciably better production out of a 1st round RB as you do a later-round RB.
He was basically a 2nd round RB, its not like he was taken in the top 20. He also had one of the worst run-blocking lines the league and a coach notorious for ignoring the running game. He'll be fine.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 03:58 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Why don't we just bring Justin Houston home?
Houston had lost the fire! That's why he was let go. No way they bring him back!
[Reply]
Dante84 03:59 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Great, so he’s complementary to Frank Clark then. I like it even more!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:15 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Houston had lost the fire! That's why he was let go. No way they bring him back!
That's why he had 19 sacks in 2 years in Indy?
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:30 PM 03-20-2021
Why don’t we sign Houston and Berry to give the defense AIDS??
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

Ingram has never played in one.
I was thinking EXACTLY this about Houston earlier today, yeah sure he usually feasted during game X... but when it counted he always pulled a Houdini
[Reply]
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up