6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:49 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Brutally honest take there, wow. I can't recall hearing Moore be that blunt about one of his players before. It makes sense, the Royals have treated Mondi like a future blue chip since he's been in the org, and even steadfastly defended him when he got popped for roids.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:05 AM 08-02-2021
Wow. I’ll actually give Dayton some credit here for finally being honest.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:06 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Brutally honest take there, wow. I can't recall hearing Moore be that blunt about one of his players before. It makes sense, the Royals have treated Mondi like a future blue chip since he's been in the org, and even steadfastly defended him when he got popped for roids.
The guy is made of glass, and Dayton is spot on that you can't count on him to consistently be available. Mondi has serious capability, but you can't help the Club if you're always in the tub...
[Reply]
BWillie 09:28 AM 08-02-2021
Man, that is a crazy direct indictment on Mondesi's health. You don't hear that very often from GMs. He could have said "We love Mondesi and he hasn't shown the ability to play 162 games yet but we have faith he will be able to do that in the future. We are still going to try to find a back up SS in case he can't give it a go".

Makes me wonder if some of these injuries the org thinks he can play through. I seem to remember a similar sentiment when he was in AA.
[Reply]
tk13 09:53 AM 08-02-2021
Yeah that has to be a shot at Mondesi to light a fire under him. There's no way. Dayton never says things like that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:57 AM 08-02-2021
It could also be a call out at his off-season conditioning or something we’re not privy to. After Yo died, the Royals org talked about how his regressions each season came after he didn’t work out at all and fell out of contact with the org in the previous offseason and they were working to get him started early for 2017 :-)

It’s possible the Royals think his injuries have a root cause in lack of conditioning or an issue with another area of his game that he's not putting the necessary reps into.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:04 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah that has to be a shot at Mondesi to light a fire under him. There's no way. Dayton never says things like that.
Definitely lost the trust of the organization. He needs to hear that publicly.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:05 AM 08-02-2021
I think Mondi may be gone in the off-season. I sure fucking hope not, but I could see it.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:10 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I think Mondi may be gone in the off-season. I sure ****ing hope not, but I could see it.
If you plan on trading him, probably the worst thing you could say. If you plan on keeping him, the hard love approach may be the best thing you could say.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:14 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I think Mondi may be gone in the off-season. I sure fucking hope not, but I could see it.
No way. His trade value is almost nothing now.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:51 AM 08-02-2021
If they'd put him in the OF it'd solve alot of these problems.
[Reply]
tk13 12:01 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
No way. His trade value is almost nothing now.
He's definitely a dangerous person to trade. He legit played the entire season last year, yeah it was only 60 games but he did it just fine.

And both last year and this year he has looked like a real superstar when he's been healthy. If you trade him for a couple low level prospects and he goes out and posts 20 HR/50 SB next year you're going to regret it forever. You're just never going to get that kind of prospect in return.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:12 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If they'd put him in the OF it'd solve alot of these problems.
Right field would be the spot. Center field is a little more injury prone position.
[Reply]
tk13 12:15 PM 08-02-2021
Finally listened to that Dayton interview, it's decent. It's what you figured too, Dayton admitted they thought they'd get more trade calls on guys who were under control but they never came because most of those teams ended up chasing the Cubs fire sale.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:25 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Dayton had an honest interview Sunday before the game on the radio network about the trade deadline. The Cubs and Nationals fire sales made the market flooded and took away from some trades. Also said agents and free agents don't like teams that sign players just to trade them at the deadline. Makes deals with free agents harder and you can't just draft & develop every position you have to use free agency.
[Reply]
Page 299 of 440
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349399 > Last »
Up